Chevrolet News:Chevrolet Announces Delivery Program At Daytona

Chevrolet already has a unique option for picking up a new vehicle. For an additional $990 on top of a the price of a new Corvette, you can pick it up at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. Chevrolet thought that wasn't enough and announced yesterday of another delivery program.

The new program will allow a customer to pick up their new Chevrolet at the Daytona International Speedway and drive their new vehicle on the track. The program also includes a special memento of the event, and documentation saying the vehicle was picked up here. Chevrolet has a dedicated delivery center that will be on the infield near victory lane.

“Beyond the vehicle, we are determined to deliver exceptional service through our dealers and unique experiences that only Chevrolet can offer, like driving your first miles in your new vehicle at the famed Daytona International Speedway,” said said Alan Batey, president of GM North America in a statement.

Pricing for this program hasn't been announced. Chevrolet says 2017 model year vehicles will be eligible for the program although it isn't clear what vehicles can take part.

Source: Chevrolet

Press Release is on Page 2

TAKE A SPIN IN YOUR NEW CHEVY AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Have you ever wondered what it is like to drive on the track at the famed Daytona International Speedway? If you buy a new Chevrolet, your dealer will be able to offer you that opportunity.

Chevrolet and DIS today announced an exclusive delivery experience at the Speedway. This extra cost option will be available later this year through U.S. Chevrolet dealers on select new vehicle orders. While details are still being finalized, customers who order the option can expect:

• A tour of Daytona International Speedway
  • An on-track driving experience
  • A keepsake to commemorate the experience
  • Authentication that the vehicle was delivered and driven at the Speedway

“Chevrolet is committed to offering our customers the best overall vehicle ownership experience possible – starting with the most technologically advanced and most dynamic vehicles in the brands history,” said Alan Batey, president of General Motors North America and leader of Global Chevrolet. “Beyond the vehicle, we are determined to deliver exceptional service through our dealers and unique experiences that only Chevrolet can offer, like driving your first miles in your new vehicle at the famed Daytona International Speedway.”

The Chevrolet Delivery Center at DIS will be located in the infield adjacent to Gatorade Victory Lane and will have the familiar appearance of a neighborhood Chevrolet dealership. Customers will choose the option to have their vehicle delivered at DIS during the ordering process. Pricing will be available at a later date.

“The Chevrolet Delivery Center is the type of elevated experience that guests visiting Daytona International Speedway come to expect,” Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III said. “This new offering complements the enhancements already made to the ‘World Center of Racing’ through the $400 million DAYTONA Rising redevelopment project. We’re looking forward to witnessing that first delivery later this year.”

Chevrolet already offers Corvette customers the option to have their vehicle delivered at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky. The Museum Delivery option includes a private tour of the GM Bowling Green Assembly Plant, home of the Corvette, and the National Corvette Museum. The owner then takes delivery of their new Corvette from the museum showroom, where their own car is on display. The delivery process includes a personalized demonstration of their Corvette’s features, broadcast around the world via live webcam 24 hours a day. The Corvette Museum Delivery option is $990.

DAYTONA Rising
Chevrolet is a Founding Partner at DIS as part of its DAYTONA Rising redevelopment project.

The historic $400 million DAYTONA Rising project, encompassing the Speedway’s nearly one-mile long frontstretch, recently debuted during the Rolex 24 At Daytona where Chevrolet’s Corvette Racing team took first and second in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) Class. DAYTONA Rising has transformed DIS into the world’s first motorsports stadium, with premium amenities and attractions.

The multi-year agreement provides Chevrolet with naming rights for one of five fan injectors. The massive, new and redesigned entry includes more than 20,000 square feet of Chevrolet new vehicle displays and a fan engagement experience that vertically spans three concourse levels.

Additionally, Chevrolet is an official partner of “The Great American Race,” the DAYTONA 500®, and will receive Official Pace Car rights in select years beginning in 2017.

“Chevrolet’s commitment to racing originated more than a century ago with Louis Chevrolet and remains strong today as we solidify our presence at the ‘World Center of Racing’ by partnering with International Speedway Corporation, Daytona International Speedway and the DAYTONA Rising project,” Batey said.

View full article

The Bowling Green, KY factory plant delivery is what Id be doing with my Vette. And Id drive to Daytona, to break-it in, and THEN race it on the race track..and AFTER that...drive it down to the beach and try to score some honies with it...and if Id struck out at Daytona...no worries, drive a tad more south and there is Miami Beach....

Then drive it up to South Carolina...

Hey...over at Motor Trend, I had concocted a similar scenario with a Hellcat Challenger in one of them Dream Car Garage threads or something similar...

Very cool, Who does not see that Chevy will offer more DAYTONA Packages on their performance lines and SS versions. I can see this happening.

Ford should do this for the Raptor at the Baha Races. Pick up your new Raptor at the Baha race and get X amount of time with a professional driver on how to drive it off road there. 

Hell, GMC should do this with a Hummer Package that comes with the BF Goodrich A/T tires and have buyers for a small fee get a very exciting package to pick up their truck there.

Very cool, Who does not see that Chevy will offer more DAYTONA Packages on their performance lines and SS versions. I can see this happening.

Ford should do this for the Raptor at the Baha Races. Pick up your new Raptor at the Baha race and get X amount of time with a professional driver on how to drive it off road there. 

Hell, GMC should do this with a Hummer Package that comes with the BF Goodrich A/T tires and have buyers for a small fee get a very exciting package to pick up their truck there.

And in Europe, where I believe Corvettes are sold. Right?

Corvettes are sold through a GM of some sorts dealership in Europe...

If they Corvettes are sold through certified GM dealerships in Europe, a cool idea might be to take delivery of your Corvette in France...Circuit De La Sarthe...AKA...the 24 Hrs of Lemans race track...

just a thought, silly as that may sound...but then again...Chevrolet is actually doing that at Daytona...

This brings back the "Win on Sunday and sell on Monday" mantra back to GM and hopefully to the rest of the industry. 

I did not think of that...

Sure...back to basics marketing....very clever of Chevrolet to do that and very clever for you to have seen that.

Thanks.  But there is more going on than watching a lot of "Fight Club" and "Mad Men" on my end.  The car industry needs to keep actually driving a car as a unique experience, especially with the youth market.  Their cell phones are more of a prized possession than their vehicles.  This delivery program creates a "driving experience" at Daytona and "adds value" to the specific car that was purchased.  GM also hopes that this will reinvigorate the enthusiasm for racing.  The dirty little secret about the Great Recession is that is eliminated a lot of middle-class jobs that people had who supported racing like NASCAR.  But without their support and money the sport has not been as successful.  I hope this will get some momentum going again for everyone who loves cars and who loves racing.

Thanks.  But there is more going on than watching a lot of "Fight Club" and "Mad Men" on my end.  The car industry needs to keep actually driving a car as a unique experience, especially with the youth market.  Their cell phones are more of a prized possession than their vehicles.  This delivery program creates a "driving experience" at Daytona and "adds value" to the specific car that was purchased.  GM also hopes that this will reinvigorate the enthusiasm for racing.  The dirty little secret about the Great Recession is that is eliminated a lot of middle-class jobs that people had who supported racing like NASCAR.  But without their support and money the sport has not been as successful.  I hope this will get some momentum going again for everyone who loves cars and who loves racing.

Very true and I agree with everything you say except the GOV LIED, This was not a GREAT RECESSION, This was GREAT DEPRESSION #2. The gov can say all they want about we came out of this after 1 1/2 years in 2009, yet we still had record foreclosures and lost jobs through 2012 before it start and eventually returned to normal levels in 2013.

This was our DEPRESSION just like our grandparents.

END OF SOAP BOX.  Sorry but this whole thing about recession still pisses me off.

RACE on Sunday - BUY on Monday is very much needed to get young people back into Auto's and recapture the passion of driving, the freedom of the road and actually talk with people face to face and see America rather than be a # in the cloud of their phone.

Uh, so if they time the delivery windows for the option with the time when the same vehicle would be placed on freight carriers...

They get an immense saving on freight costs attributable the vehicle, and they charge the customer for it.

Excellent business decision! I love it. See, Corvette brand needs to do more of this. Squeeze the wallets. Wring every dollar dry. Charge for the value. Do it. DO IT!!

I would rather see them offer this regionally as a driving class for owners who have purchased said vehicles. Have instructors and let them test just what the cars could do.

A silly placard and a photo in victory lane is ok but hell if I would go all the way to Florida for that.

Get Ron Fellows at the Corvette track at Bowling Green and have him take you on a ride around and then you with instructors learn to take laps. Add a little to the cost and offer a special personalized crash helmet. to the deal or even a harness deal.

Racing is down due to the economy and other issues as ratings are down on TV and sponsored have gone elsewhere. I think even if the economy was better all racing would still be struggling. I work in the racing industry and we have seen this one coming and to be honest few have any real answers.

Cost are high in racing, viewership are down. Many of the big name racers are retired now. To be honest it was over marketed too. A lot of people got sick of it.

As for NASCAR it has been on a decline since Earnhardt's death. They have tried to MFG a championship race but it has turned off many long time fans like myself to where we just don't tune in anymore. Like last year Bush was out half the season but wins a championship???? I am sorry that is BS.

The best racing in NASCAR are the trucks as they can pass and beat on each other like the old days.

Drag Racing is in real trouble as they are losing teams to lack of sponsors and such high cost along with the messed up TV hours.

Mix in a weak economy we still have and it just adds to the grief.

As for young people most do not care and I don't see it changing much. Many of our customers are getting older and older. The young have little interest and also can not afford to play with cars these days. Nothing is cheap anymore as even an old rusted out Malibu can set you back $8K and where can many of them get a job as since they raised the min wage the jobs have been cut back. Even Gas stations anymore do not hire kids as they have to be able to sell beer and do not pump gas anymore.

I grew up at the race track but today so many tracks are closed and even local racing is so expensive.

Now with the EPA pulling crap with the laws that were written with road cars in mind pushing to ban modifications to off road race cars that is some dangerous ground.