Jump to content

Bentley News: Bentley Plans On Growing The Bentayga Lineup


William Maley

Recommended Posts

The Bentley Bentayga maybe one of most controversial models ever launched by the brand, but it has exceeded sales expectations. Because of this, Bentley is considering expanding Bentayga lineup.

Autocar reports that there are three models up for consideration. First up is a coupe-styled version that could launch in 2019 if given the green-light by Volkswagen.

“I’m confident that it will happen and our team is working on the case for this car, but it is not yet approved for production. We are the first in the luxury SUV space and at the moment unopposed, but there are lots of rivals coming to the sector. The question we need to answer is if there is space for all these different bodystyles,” said Bentley CEO Wolfgang Dürheimer.

Next is a long-wheelbase Bentayga that is already under development. This model will be primarily be aimed at markets such as China and the Middle East.

“In the Middle East and China it is almost exclusively what we sell. Those markets have shown what is possible and it makes business sense; the engineering is not rocket science, but it is expensive because when you change components like the side panels and roof you add a lot of cost,” said Dürheimer.

The last model is a high-performance Bentayga that could use a retuned version of the W12 engine. Possible competitors include the Range Rover SVR.

The Bentayga lineup currently consists of a 6.0L W12 and a diesel V8. A Plug-in hybrid will arrive in 2018.

Source: Autocar


View full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Oh gawd, please just stop. Please. For the love of all living things, the last thing we need is more pseudo-coupe CUV/CUV/SAV/whatthefackeverV abominations clogging our roadways.

I take it that you don't lay awake at three in the morning in a hot sweat dreaming of a Nissan Murano crosscabriolet then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Am I the only one here that find the Jeep Grand Cherokee more attractive and desirable than this?

No. I would literally take just about any crossover or SUV in existence over this. 

I would rather have a Grand Cherokee like you mentioned. Or the Q7. Or an X5. Or a Tahoe. Or a 4Runner. Just about anything besides an Equinox/Terrain, some of the mini-CUV's, or the disastrous Infiniti duo- QX60/80.

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

I take it that you don't lay awake at three in the morning in a hot sweat dreaming of a Nissan Murano crosscabriolet then?

 

On the contrary, I want to set every one I see on fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

No. I would literally take just about any crossover or SUV in existence over this. 

I would rather have a Grand Cherokee like you mentioned. Or the Q7. Or an X5. Or a Tahoe. Or a 4Runner. Just about anything besides an Equinox/Terrain, some of the mini-CUV's, or the disastrous Infiniti duo- QX60/80.

 

On the contrary, I want to set every one I see on fire.

Could not agree with any of this any more.

Nissan has hideous styling and a crap ton of other things I dislike with the QX60/80, Q7 and X5 would both be much better than this...

Feel the same way about the Murano Cross Cabriolet...Nissan/Infinity design language will age very poorly IMHO. I liked the latest Maxima when it came out, it is already looking stale and dated and oddly proportioned to me...

Oddly enough I like the Rouge and the Pathfinder, but they are the only Nissan products I like. Murano seems to have a loyal following, but I will never be part of that following.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Could not agree with any of this any more.

Nissan has hideous styling and a crap ton of other things I dislike with the QX60/80, Q7 and X5 would both be much better than this...

Feel the same way about the Murano Cross Cabriolet...Nissan/Infinity design language will age very poorly IMHO. I liked the latest Maxima when it came out, it is already looking stale and dated and oddly proportioned to me...

Oddly enough I like the Rouge and the Pathfinder, but they are the only Nissan products I like. Murano seems to have a loyal following, but I will never be part of that following.

 

Rogue is a pretty solid effort. Lots of features for the money, good ride and handling. I don't like the CVT, though. I'm less impressed with the Pathfinder. The top of the segment is just so good it's hard to go against them- Explorer, Highlander, Pilot. Murano is a nice rig. Again, just the damn CVT. I like the Juke a lot, though I'd never buy one.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see this as selling to badge snobs the world over and the poorly literate rappers who think being derogatory to everyone especially themselves makes them cool and this ride will make them better than everyone until they are bankrupt.

Just about anything is better than this product line. Truly a 1% product that is out of touch with the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Star Wars in about a week.

So...this bit of news requires Star Wars GIF on how I feel about this bit of news.

bbxo_f-maxage-0.gif

:roflmao: this is so accurate on how I feel too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Star Wars in about a week.

So...this bit of news requires Star Wars GIF on how I feel about this bit of news.

bbxo_f-maxage-0.gif

About how we should feel about Montreal loosing to the Columbus Blue Jackets in an epic hockey loss...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2016 at 3:39 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

Am I the only one here that find the Jeep Grand Cherokee more attractive and desirable than this?

But the Bentayga crystal clock option costs more than a whole Grand Cherokee.

 

I think it would do better if it was a bit more truck looking, and a long wheel base model can always work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waaaaaay over price Breitling...

Related image

I normally like Breitling watches because of their pseudo connection to Aviation. Same with Raybans.

But this is one Breitling I could care less for.

Old and new Chrysler 300C clock looks to be more elegant. A tad more expensive detailing on the bezel with an equal amount of diamonds as that Breitling and the Chrysler 300C surpasses the Breitling in elegance. For me...expensive time pieces HAVE TO BE elegant. Not gaudi shytes...that Breitling to me seems gaudi.

No...Breitling watches have never been elegant. But, they do look like they serve some sort of purpose. In the Bentayga however, that is not the case...

Image result for Chrysler 300C clock

Image result for Chrysler 300C clock

As far as the mechanicals go if one wants to argue why it costs that much...

In 2016...time piece precision is a gimme. This aint the 1800s or early 1900s anymore.

In fact, Timex by takin' a lickin' and they kept on tickin'  proved that SEVERAL decades ago... 

Now...I do respect and enjoy the precision engineering of expensive watches...I just dont get consumed by the faux marketing involved...

Edited by oldshurst442
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...