Robert Hall

Item: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4

Finished the Valley of the Sun-Lake Erie Dash.  2087 miles, 46 hours, 25.5 mpg average.  Exhausted.   Jeep filthy, two rock chips on windshield, some rocker trim ripped off from running over object on I-70 west of Columbus. Wired from caffiene, need sleep. 

Was 105F when we left Phoenix Sat evening, 56F now in Cleveland. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't have shipped the dogs though.   Last time I shipped a car it was about $1100, 15 years ago.  In retrospect, should have rented an RV or minivan to drive back here w the dogs.  Jeep is too small inside for all that we crammed in it.  

That said, it drove very well...smooth and comfortable for long distance driving.   .

IMG_2218.JPG

• Like 1

After almost 4 months, the Jeep has been great..really enjoying it...need to work on finishing unpacking from the move so I can use the garage, though.   Still parking outside.   Since I'm working from home, I've only put about 4000 miles on it.. 2099 of it on the drive back here.  Going to get some Weathertech mats and new tires for winter, carpeted mats and the original Goodyear Forteras aren't up to an Ohio winter...

IMG-3066.JPG

• Upvote 1

Yesterday made 6 months I'd had my Jeep. Ready for winter..Weathertech liner mats installed and new tors.

IMG-3513.JPG

IMG-3515.JPG

IMG-3514.JPG

IMG-3516.JPG

• Upvote 2

@Cubical-aka-Moltar Awesome, they look great, love the Michelin Defender tires, quiet and grippy, awesome and ready for winter.

Way to go!

• Upvote 1

Finally cleared enough space to get my Jeep in my garage.   For a 1967 suburban tract house 2 car garage, it feels small..hard to imagine a 60s full size sedan and wagon fitting in here...still have work to do to get the second spot open. 

IMG-3652.JPG

IMG-3653.JPG

Same. I would imagine my garage was pretty much useless from 1950 till 1980 for anything considered mid-size in those eras.  The Roadmaster Wagon just barely fit in there, but I had to kiss the front rubber right up to the brick

• Upvote 1

I was concerned if I could open the hatch in the garage...I can..woo hoo. Some days the littlest things make me happy. 

IMG-3654.JPG

• Upvote 3

• I really like the GC styling. Walked by a GC SRT at the dealer recently, I think I did a 'sharp inhale- slow exhale'. If I cared to spend that kind of money on a vehicle, it'd be a top contender.

• DD- the Roadie WagonMaster was 218" overall- even a mid-60s GTO is 207-ish. Most garages are too small, period. I did cram my '65 Bonneville in my house garage, and that was 222". Didn't have to touch the wall, but there was no squeezing around either end of it.

• Upvote 3

I wish I had a four car garage..but I do have space down on the family farm.  

I'd be very happy with a three-car garage. Not that I would park in it. Being in Northern California I have no real need to park in the garage. However it would give me for more room for my tools, general storage, and most importantly man cave.:D

24 minutes ago, Scout said:

I'd be very happy with a three-car garage. Not that I would park in it. Being in Northern California I have no real need to park in the garage. However it would give me for more room for my tools, general storage, and most importantly man cave.:D

I have my basement for my man cave (future project) and a spare bedroom (4 bedroom house) for my hobby room/home office.   I didn't have a garage in Arizona, wished I had one there...no protection from the dust, sun, tree needles and sap, stray cats, etc... 

3 hours ago, Scout said:

I have garage Envy. My house has a one-car garage. :(

Remodel Time it sounds like.

5 hours ago, balthazar said:

• I really like the GC styling. Walked by a GC SRT at the dealer recently, I think I did a 'sharp inhale- slow exhale'. If I cared to spend that kind of money on a vehicle, it'd be a top contender.

• DD- the Roadie WagonMaster was 218" overall- even a mid-60s GTO is 207-ish. Most garages are too small, period. I did cram my '65 Bonneville in my house garage, and that was 222". Didn't have to touch the wall, but there was no squeezing around either end of it.

I was looking up Eighty-Eights and LeSabres. 

• Upvote 1

Had it out in it's first snow today...grubby.   34k miles, running great, new Michelins are great.   Who knows, I bought in AZ in April, it had come straight from a corporate lease in Costa Mesa, may never have been in snow before. 

IMG-4019.JPG

IMG-4020.JPG

• Like 1

If it was living imagine it would feel like a puppy discovering something new....

• Upvote 1

It is funny how clean this Jeep was...got it with 25k miles, and everything was pretty much spotless inside and out..trying to keep it that way for a while..

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

If it was living imagine it would feel like a puppy discovering something new....

Speaking of, this is the first winter for my dogs--all were from Phoenix.   Had a couple of them out yesterday, one didn't like it, another was hopping in the snow... (the red one looking longingly out the window)

IMG-3990.JPG

IMG-3997.JPG

IMG-4005.JPG

IMG-4016.JPG

IMG-4017.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

One year mark on the Jeep coming up this Saturday.  Took it in for an oil + filter change, air filter, cabin air filter, tire rotation.   Did a UConnect update at home last week.  I've put slightly over 10k miles on it in the first year--working from home it sits a lot, and 2000 miles of that was done in 2 days last June.  Very happy with my second Jeep. 

• Upvote 2

Hit the 40,000 mile mark on Friday.  Need to get an oil change and recall fix (cruise control) soon, but ready for winter otherwise.   Running great. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Who are you, and what did you do with Moltar? What is your goal by assuming his identity?

Its an alien invasion.

• Like 1