Sales: Sales Figure Ticker: October 2017

GM is weird.  Sometimes they'll have a car out as soon as January of one year prior to model year and then you get 18 months of a model year's production. Other times it will be December before it goes on sale and then quickly switch in May or June. The Envision's first model year was only about 3 months long. 

Most of the incentives i am seeing are on 17s.  The vast majority of 18s are just hitting lots.  The problem with the ram has been demand outstrips production capacity, an issue that will be fixed with the all new 19 model which will gain an additional factory (imho, real reason the 200/dart were killed was to make more capacity for building trucks, much like GM did in the 90s with the B-bodies).  Also, the money issues are not as bad as people let on, in fact they made 2.1B profit last quarter and stock prices are on the rise. 

1 hour ago, Stew said:

Most of the incentives i am seeing are on 17s.  The vast majority of 18s are just hitting lots.  The problem with the ram has been demand outstrips production capacity, an issue that will be fixed with the all new 19 model which will gain an additional factory (imho, real reason the 200/dart were killed was to make more capacity for building trucks, much like GM did in the 90s with the B-bodies).  Also, the money issues are not as bad as people let on, in fact they made 2.1B profit last quarter and stock prices are on the rise. 

We call that a “fire sale” where I come from since it is well known that Sergio is trying to dump some of the brands but whatever you have to tell yourself.

Edited by surreal1272

1 hour ago, Stew said:

Incentives already available for 2018 RAMs. Up to $2,000 cash allowance.

B5992981-458A-4C0E-815C-D9491067628F.png

Edited by surreal1272

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That's actually pretty low for the oldest truck on the market.  The 2018's are the last year for this generation of Ram, so I would expect incentives to be high. 

Considering the 2018s just came out, I was a little surprised. Those will certainly increase though since it will be the last year. 

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Considering the 2018s just came out, I was a little surprised. Those will certainly increase though since it will be the last year. 

There were practically no changes for the 2018s. They're just using up parts at this point. 

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings