Jump to content
Create New...

Sales: Sales Figure Ticker: October 2017


William Maley

Recommended Posts

Volkswagen of America - Up 11.9% (27,732 Vehicles Sold This Month, 280,188 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Up 10.5% (7,008 Vehicles Sold This Month, 63,974 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Audi of America - Up 9.6% (19,425 Vehicles Sold This Month, 180,339 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Nissan Group - Up 8.4% (123,012 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,319,253 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Ford Motor Company - Up 6.2% (200,436 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,133,895 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. - Up 4.6% (4,715 Vehicles Sold This Month, 45,952 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Toyota Motor North America - Up 1.1% (188,434 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,019,913 Vehicles Sold This Year)
American Honda Motor Co. - Up 0.9% (127,353 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,358,956 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 0.5% (54,045 Vehicles Sold This Month, 532,893 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Mercedes-Benz USA - Down 0.8% (31,541 Vehicles Sold This Month, 301,653 Vehicles Sold This Year)
General Motors Co. - Down 2.2% (252,813 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,448,315 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Mitsubishi Motors North America - Down 3.4% (7,831 Vehicles Sold This Month, 86,576 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Jaguar Land Rover North America - Down 4% (8,368 Vehicles Sold This Month, 93,077 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Mazda North American Operations - Down 8.4% (20,811 Vehicles Sold This Month, 241,108 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Kia Motors America - Down 9.4% (44,397 Vehicles Sold This Month, 502,327 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Maserati North America, Inc. - Down 12.6% (1,140 Vehicles Sold This Month, 11,129 Vehicles Sold This Year)
FCA US LLC - Down 13% (153,373 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,732,511 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Hyundai Motor America - Down 15.2% (53,010 Vehicles Sold This Month, 564,750 Vehicles Sold This Year)


BMW Group U.S. - 

Brands:
Acura - Down 1.3% (12,698 Vehicles Sold This Month, 126,824 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Alfa Romeo - Up 5,139% (1,205 Vehicles Sold This Month, 8,557 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Audi - Up 9.6% (19,425 Vehicles Sold This Month, 180,339 Vehicles Sold This Year)
BMW - 
Buick - Down 4.5% (19,142 Vehicles Sold This Month, 178,972 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Cadillac - Down 0.1% (13,931 Vehicles Sold This Month, 127,777 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Chevrolet - Down 3.8% (175,110 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,691,302 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Chrysler - Down 22% (11,018 Vehicles Sold This Month, 154,827 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Dodge - Down 41% (24,476 Vehicles Sold This Month, 390,266 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Fiat - Down 33% (1,769 Vehicles Sold This Month, 23,021 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Ford - Up 6.6% (191,527 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,042,264 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Genesis - Up 49% (1,786 Vehicles Sold This Month, 16,888 Vehicles Sold This Year)
GMC - Up 4.6% (44,630 Vehicles Sold This Month, 450,264 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Honda - Up 1.2% (114,655 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,232,132 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Hyundai - Down 16.4% (51,224 Vehicles Sold This Month, 547,862 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Infiniti - Down 8.1% (10,296 Vehicles Sold This Month, 124,010 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Jaguar - Down 10% (2,891 Vehicles Sold This Month, 33,119 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Jeep - Down 3% (67,074 Vehicles Sold This Month, 689,316 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Kia - Down 9.4% (44,397 Vehicles Sold This Month, 502,327 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Land Rover - Down 1% (5,477 Vehicles Sold This Month, 59,958 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Lexus - Down 7.7% (22,894 Vehicles Sold This Month, 242,553 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Lincoln - Down 1.8% (8,909 Vehicles Sold This Month, 91,631 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Maserati - Down 12.6% (1,140 Vehicles Sold This Month, 11,129 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Mazda - Down 8.4% (20,811 Vehicles Sold This Month, 241,108 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Mercedes-Benz - Up 0.1% (31,401 Vehicles Sold This Month, 298,878 Vehicles Sold This Year)
MINI - 
Mitsubishi - Down 3.4% (7,831 Vehicles Sold This Month, 86,576 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Nissan - Up 10.2% (112,716 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,195,243 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Porsche - Up 4.6% (4,715 Vehicles Sold This Month, 45,952 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Ram Trucks - Down 3% (47,831 Vehicles Sold This Month, 466,524 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Smart - Down 66.5% (140 Vehicles Sold This Month, 2,775 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Subaru - Up 0.5% (54,045 Vehicles Sold This Month, 532,893 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Toyota - Up 2.5% (165,540 Vehicles Sold This Month, 1,777,360 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Volkswagen - Up 11.9% (27,732 Vehicles Sold This Month, 280,188 Vehicles Sold This Year)
Volvo - Up 10.5% (7,008 Vehicles Sold This Month, 63,974 Vehicles Sold This Year)

*Mercedes-Benz's sales numbers include Mercedes-Benz vans.


View full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Another strong month from FCA.  Good thing Alfa was up 5000%

Strong like rotten fish are strong.

6 hours ago, dfelt said:

One can clearly see the auto recession is starting with all the down product lines.

Very sadly, you would be correct.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bolt moves up into the #2 sales spot for the year to date.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 8.53.39 PM.png

Looks like the Model 3 so-called 'bottlenecks' also torpedo'd the Model S & X. I thought their big jumps for September were fishy. Musk has finally backed the '5000 Model 3's per week by December'... all the way back to the end of Q1 2018. We'll see.

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

Bolt moves up into the #2 sales spot for the year to date.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 8.53.39 PM.png

Looks like the Model 3 so-called 'bottlenecks' also torpedo'd the Model S & X. I thought their big jumps for September were fishy. Musk has finally backed the '5000 Model 3's per week by December'... all the way back to the end of Q1 2018. We'll see.

The whole Tesla thing will implode and Musk will look like a fool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Strong like rotten fish are strong.

Very sadly, you would be correct.

You realize they had big sellers last year they only have remnants on the lot for right now, right?  Caravan and Patriot and the main main culprits for the sales drop sinc, ya know, they are both not being built any longer and have no replacements.  Same with the 200 and Dart.  And yes, sales were not so  surprisingly down across the board.  for a lot of makers and some were only up because they have added additional products. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Stew said:

You realize they had big sellers last year they only have remnants on the lot for right now, right?  Caravan and Patriot and the main main culprits for the sales drop sinc, ya know, they are both not being built any longer and have no replacements.  Same with the 200 and Dart.  And yes, sales were not so  surprisingly down across the board.  for a lot of makers and some were only up because they have added additional products. 

All manufacturers have models on there lists that are no longer in production (like the Verano and the SRX for GM). Down is down. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

All manufacturers have models on there lists that are no longer in production (like the Verano and the SRX for GM). Down is down. 

Yes, just saying there are reasons not related to gloom and doom.  Also, FCA's fleet sales are down 43%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stew said:

for a lot of makers and some were only up because they have added additional products. 

Exactly.. stagnant, stale, FCA... What was the last NEW product they brought out?  Everything is just replacing what they have that's old like the Compass, Pacifica, and Wrangler.

200 was new, FAILED.

Dart was new, FAILED. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stew said:

Yes, just saying there are reasons not related to gloom and doom.  Also, FCA's fleet sales are down 43%.

Everyone reduces fleet sales at the end of the year and if everyone has outgoing or no longer in production models yet only FCA is taking a bigger hit, then it’s a problem with FCA. Example? GM YTD sales are down 0.9% while FCA is down 8%. FCA clearly has a bigger problem here and all the excuses in the world don’t change that fact. 

Edited by surreal1272
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

Everyone reduces fleet sales at the end of the year and if everyone has outgoing or no longer in production models yet only FCA is taking a bigger hit, then it’s a problem with FCA. 

That is for the year  I suggest you go into the forum and read the FCA part there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Exactly.. stagnant, stale, FCA... What was the last NEW product they brought out?  Everything is just replacing what they have that's old like the Compass, Pacifica, and Wrangler.

200 was new, FAILED.

Dart was new, FAILED. 

Not a lot of cars are the successes they once were.  the Giulia and Stelvio did not replace older vehicles, neither did he Renegade or the various vans in ram really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Do you know if the E Series is still actually produced by Ford or i they're just old as dirt left overs sitting on some random lots or what the deal is with those? 

@Drew Dowdell Do you know this answer? 

Since 2015, all E Series sales have been pretty much just stripped chassis and can cutaway models. Drew probably knows better than I do though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Reread my post that I just edited. GM has also greatly reduced fleet sales and their YTD drop is not as severe as FCA. 

And they haven't lost vehicles without some kind of replacement.  Buick lost the Verano, but has gained the Envision for example which is an SUV and should sell better than the verano, though the sales numbers weren't that great for it last month.  I wonder if it people's opinion of chinese made products causing that?

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Since 2015, all E Series sales have been pretty much just stripped chassis and can cutaway models. Drew probably knows better than I do though. 

I am just now seeing some local places switching over to the Transit.  E Series has a long and proven record here in the states. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

And they haven't lost vehicles without some kind of replacement.  Buick lost the Verano, but has gained the Envision for example which is an SUV and should sell better than the verano, though the sales numbers weren't that great for it last month.  I wonder if it people's opinion of chinese made products causing that?

Fallacy argument and it only highlights the model deficiencies going on at FCA. 

 

The Envision, which isnt exactly hurting right now, suffers from a bland design more than from the source of its assembly. 

Edited by surreal1272
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Fallacy argument and it only highlights the model deficiencies going on at FCA. 

 

The Envision, which isnt exactly hurting right now, suffers from a bland design more than from the source of its assembly. 

It was simply speculation and sales were similar to the aging Journey.  I think they look decent.  Big spoilers and sporty cues are not the main things people are looking for in mommy-mobiles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stew said:

It was simply speculation and sales were similar to the aging Journey.  I think they look decent.  Big spoilers and sporty cues are not the main things people are looking for in mommy-mobiles. 

True but there are fresher designs out there so why you would bring up things like spoilers is just silly. For the record, there are plenty of folks who do like the sportier cues though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Everyone reduces fleet sales at the end of the year and if everyone has outgoing or no longer in production models yet only FCA is taking a bigger hit, then it’s a problem with FCA. Example? GM YTD sales are down 0.9% while FCA is down 8%. FCA clearly has a bigger problem here and all the excuses in the world don’t change that fact. 

You realize both the Caravan and Patriot generally sold around 10k a year EACH, right?  You are trying to distort the facts.  GM has not actually lost models, FCA has, big difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites




×
×
  • Create New...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search