Server update - 11/2/2017

Drew Dowdell

24 minutes ago, frogger said:

Am I the only one getting a lot of hanging at "Loading" when selecting page 2/Last Page etc on forum topics?  Experienced on a few different browsers and systems. 

That was happening for me too.  I did a different update today.  Please let me know if it continues.

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That was happening for me too.  I did a different update today.  Please let me know if it continues.

Seems to be the same so far. It might be something to do with the advertisements?  I turned on an ad blocker to see if that made a difference and it works ok with it on.

The only issue I do have actually is when I'm in a thread and try to go forward or back a page it won't actually load. It will go there but I ave to click refresh every time. Both my phone and Chrome on my work computer are like that. 

I didn't read through everything when I posted ^ that. I'll try and see if it's still doing that. 

Still did it on Chrome. 

Another update: I've narrowed it down to happening only in very specific scenarios.  It no longer appears to be caused by the ads, it appears the ads' failure to load is a symptom of an issue with the programming of the software.  I have opened a ticket with the software provider. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed weirdness in the email notifications.   Instead of seeing the actual response to a comment in the email, I see weird stuff like '18 minutes ago' or the first few words of a response.   I'm also getting email notifications on threads I haven't followed (but have posted a comment in). 

photo-12.gif  
dfelt said:
18 minutes ...
Go to this post

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I have noticed weirdness in the email notifications.   Instead of seeing the actual response to a comment in the email, I see weird stuff like '18 minutes ago' or the first few words of a response.   I'm also getting email notifications on threads I haven't followed (but have posted a comment in). 

photo-12.gif  
dfelt said:
18 minutes ...
Go to this post

So much for the Forum software company QA testing. ;)