• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Drew Dowdell

Server update - 11/2/2017

I made a server update and configuration change today at 12:00 est. I updated us to a technology called HTTP2. It should more than double the speed of pages loading for you. 

Please let me know if you any issues. 

Am I the only one getting a lot of hanging at "Loading" when selecting page 2/Last Page etc on forum topics?  Experienced on a few different browsers and systems. 

Site is actually loading much faster for me, thank you for the upgrade.

24 minutes ago, frogger said:

Am I the only one getting a lot of hanging at "Loading" when selecting page 2/Last Page etc on forum topics?  Experienced on a few different browsers and systems. 

That was happening for me too.  I did a different update today.  Please let me know if it continues.

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That was happening for me too.  I did a different update today.  Please let me know if it continues.

Seems to be the same so far. It might be something to do with the advertisements?  I turned on an ad blocker to see if that made a difference and it works ok with it on.

The only issue I do have actually is when I'm in a thread and try to go forward or back a page it won't actually load. It will go there but I ave to click refresh every time. Both my phone and Chrome on my work computer are like that. 

I didn't read through everything when I posted ^ that. I'll try and see if it's still doing that. 

Still did it on Chrome. 

I still have the "loading" problem too.

Like CCAP, I just click on the reload/refresh icon thingy and the page loads properly and instantly.

Edited by oldshurst442

It did it to me just now on my phone but I can't see the debugger on there. It's on my radar and I'll be investigating it.

Just a note, I was able to find the cause, and @frogger is correct it is an issue with one of the ads.  I haven't figured out which ad it is yet, but I'm on it.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FAPTurbo said:

i'm experiencing the same issue, with Safari, Mac OS

Fruit is getting rotten, that is why! ;):P 

Another update: I've narrowed it down to happening only in very specific scenarios.  It no longer appears to be caused by the ads, it appears the ads' failure to load is a symptom of an issue with the programming of the software.  I have opened a ticket with the software provider. 

Thanks Drew, I've checked a handful of multi-page threads and it looks like the patch worked.

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Great to hear.  Hopefully you've turned ad-blocker back off

Yes I made sure it works with the adblocker off and the site is whitelisted again.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

I have noticed weirdness in the email notifications.   Instead of seeing the actual response to a comment in the email, I see weird stuff like '18 minutes ago' or the first few words of a response.   I'm also getting email notifications on threads I haven't followed (but have posted a comment in). 

photo-12.gif  
dfelt said:
18 minutes ...
Go to this post

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I have noticed weirdness in the email notifications.   Instead of seeing the actual response to a comment in the email, I see weird stuff like '18 minutes ago' or the first few words of a response.   I'm also getting email notifications on threads I haven't followed (but have posted a comment in). 

photo-12.gif  
dfelt said:
18 minutes ...
Go to this post

So much for the Forum software company QA testing. ;) 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.