fun on the road...

ocnblu

Am I the only smartass on the roads? I like to... make super wide turns in my truck at intersections... like it's a Kenworth or something, just to see the look on ppl's faces.

I also like to pass someone reallllly slowly sometimes... Say the speed limit is 55 and they're going 50, I pass them at 51.5 mph. It's fun to act like I'm really gripping the wheel when I pass like I'm going about 95 mph.

Anyone else have any fun on the roads?

I say row-ads instead of roads. It makes me laugh. If someone's been tailgating me on my 25mph residential street, I purposely overshoot my driveway and make a complex and laborious 7-point U-turn. I also mess with my nosy elderly neighbor by getting in my car, backing up around the corner (I live on a corner lot) to my mailbox, getting the mail, then driving across the grass and parking back in the driveway.

If someone behind me beeps at me, to either make a turn or accelerate after a green light, I'll do it veeeeeery slowly, as in, just let the car creep without touching the gas. If/when they decide to pass me, I floor it until they're specs in my rearview. Sometimes, if it's a really long light, I'll make like I'm having a conversation with an invisible person in the passenger's seat. Oooh, I know, next time I'll get into an argument with them. Sometimes I'll play smooth jazz, country, or classical really, really loud on my stereo, especially if someone pulls up playing gangsta rap or something.

yeah um some guy was being a jerk in front of me to one of my friends so i pulled in front of him flicked him off and drove slow . . . he beeped his horn till the compressor started to fail and flicked me off like mad, he kept trying to pass me but id pull out into the other lane in front of him, asshole :D my favorite though is to drive and when i see someone ib their sporty car pull ahead and start being a jack ass going fast and weaving, i do the same, pull in front of em and box em in oh and i like to box people in by pacing other cars on two lane roads but most of all i like to drive slow with the windows up the music soft and the refridgerator on, my van can get down to 37 degrees F i tested it, ahhh oh and as for how thats asshole-ish, i do it when there are people in the car

I've definitely been known to...
  • Blare AM talk radio
  • Squeak the tires next to old people
  • Blare modern music next to old people
  • Stop at stop signs for a few seconds and stare around then do the same when I hit the road just because I know someone's behind me and I'm pissing them off :)
  • Pass semis/dumptrucks and cut them off for going too slow
  • When someone rides my ass I go 5-10 under the speed limit and when they want to pass I go 5-10 over the speed limit haha
And I think that's it.. :D

when im out heading anywhere and someone is driving insanely slow i will swerve back and forth in my lane while tailgating them to make sure they get the point, then if they brake check me, i will accelerate towards them pull on to the shoulder and stare at them then get behind them and start all over unless i get really bored then i will pass them on the shoulder or anyway possible (this is if it is a two way road) otherwise i honk and point to the slow lane...

Years back my sister hit a deer with my car. The hood was actually bowed upward and the entire grille was gone. It looked like it was snarling & pouncing. For the time it was like that, I would drive with the left tire on the center line; you should have seen people swerve to their right to give me as much space as possible.

Yep......... -Going slow on purpose to anger people behind you. -The art of "Break Checking". -Seeing someone pull out behind me on the interstate to pass me, pull in front of them at the last second, speed up to a car in the other lane fruther ahead and do the speed he is doing for 5 miles before giving up. -Swerving back and forth behind someone if they are going slow (horn, finger jestures, flashing my high-beams included). -If someone is blaring their horrible rap music, I blast my radio with some loud a** sh** rock music. -If I pull off the road to make a turn and someone is behind me in a hurry, I'll slowly take my foot off the pedal and let it coast till I get to the turn, go even slower, and turn off. Such angels behind the wheel................ all of us.

Another fun thing is: when stopped at a light, lower your window and point at the neighboring car's tire....and shout "YOUR TIRE, YOUR TIRE!!!....they will look horrified, they will sometimes lean out to look or actually get out and look....they will look quizical and then ask what's wrong, and then you say, "it's got air in it".....I know it's lame, but way fun. But you have to time it right so you can make a gettaway... Edited by HarleyEarl

Blu - your silly ! The rest of you are AH's. You are the ones I will run off the road, into the ditch. The only people I mess with are those that mess with me, tailgaters get it bad. No one boxes me on interstate. Boy girls, some of that shit is downright kindergarten, girly kindergarten. I had girly boy messing with car infront of him and then turned his games on me who was behind him, he learned the hard way, way hard, then we got the cops too and girly boy was a bit red in face with damaged car - his fault. Trucks go slow because they accelerate slow and because of hills, f'in with them is wordless. people pull this crap all the time, jump out in front because they are afraid to be behind but then go two blocks and turn, or want to drive 10-20 under anyhow. Follow the rules of the road they are there for a reason, the rest is BS. Lead, follow of get the frig out of the way.

i kinda agree, i think that my boxing in is kinda rude but its not like i box em and slow down, i just make it so they have to go the same speed as anyone else, my fav though is the stopping if someones being a jerk cuz i hate jerks driving around me

[post="10494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed, its a PITA on busy interstate when traffic is traveling say 70 anyhow but some jerk wants to go 72 and jumps into your safety zone. I dont allow that myself but then Im kinda tailgateing. With a truck you have no choise you just have to keep letting them in and drop back further then the next one comes and you have to let off again, it gets really annoying in a truck. Tailgating can be a huge mistake. I always wonder if these fools read the entire traffic situation or just look as far as the one car in front of them ? They need to realize you have a stream of traffic going 70 and thats all its going to go. Just pull in line and travel.

I get this quite a bit since I work for a school district: When traveling to one of the component schools I quite often get a lot of people tailgating me (really pisses me off since one of the schools is no more than 50ft from the police station). This one was going to that school, I do my normal routine, slow down to 15 because these cops do clock there often and will pull you over for 16mph. Anyway I'm driving and this one guy pulls to my right and passes me and stares at me as if I was doing something wrong :blink: also I get a lot of people who are impatient and want to just pass me right as I'm pulling in the school so lately I've been making wide turns just to piss them off :P. People who tailgate me on roads that are 30mph and I'm already going 40mph, I slow down to 25. When they try to pass me, I speed up.. and repeat the process, though when I do that I'm on a good look out for cops so I'm going the speed limit and they are nearly touching my bumper when they pass the cop :lol:.

Its almost a sociological experiment to see just how pissed off someone will get when you follow the speed limit. I made some bitch in an X5 blow a fuse today during my commute by simply driving 3mph over the limit in the right-hand lane! Liked the horn, liked the brights, but absolutely fell in love with the mad-hatter whipping around me and flipping me off while calling me either a motherfucker or cocksucker; couldn't discern the lip movements.

I did notice a lack of a ring on the hand she used to flip me off. Is there any question as to why a woman like that is single?

Go home, honey, down a scotch, take some Midol, sleep it off, and see ya tomorrow at 7:30am, you caustic bitch.