Dream Garage- Average Transaction $ Pt 2

So, to expand on the first part of this, we are doing something a little different. In Part 1, you had a total to spend using the New Car Average Transaction Price multiplied to cover 5 vehicles. This round, you will be limited to a per car amount of $36,495. There is no limit to how cheap your selections can be, but they can't be any more than the average price.

Rules-

1) Must be New cars on sale NOW 2017 or 2018 Model Year

2) Cars must be available in YOUR market

3) These are your only vehicles

4) You are granted 5 choices

5) I will allow ONE non-mainstream production car- motorcycle, trike, side-x-side, etc

6) MSRP can be NO MORE THAN $36,495; no assumed discounts, incentives, etc

Enjoy.

• Agree 1

1. Buick TourX Essence, no packages MSRP: $35995

USC80BUC201A021001.jpg

2.  Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Hard Top, MSRP: $34670

image.thumb.jpeg.8e754caaf5494c76d689e8bb1d124f41.jpeg

3. Mazda MX-5 Club, BBS/Brembo package, MSRP: $33375

image.png.c27ec7fe8f7c44a727a76de67638ca61.png

4.  Honda Pilot EX AWD with Honda Sensing, MSRP: $36230

Steel%20Sapphire%20Metallic-BH-27%2C68%2C111-640-en_US.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=650

5.  Subaru WRX Limited, MSRP $34550

2018-Subaru-WRX-Review-2.jpg

Ok...a couple cars on here from my other ATP list--the Wrangler and Miata---but I changed the daily drivers to a Subaru Outback and a Chrysler 300S.   And added a Subaru BRZ as another fun car.

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2dr 4x4  firecracker red w/ tan & black interior  manual                                     $33870.00
2018 Chrysler 300S velvet red w/ black & camel interior, V6, panoramic roof                                                  $33780.00
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited wilderness green w/ ivory interior w/ a few options                                 $34759.00
2018 Subaru BRZ tS WR blue w/ black interior manual                                                                                         $34954.00
2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT meteor gray mica w/ tan interior  manual                                                              $32145.00   

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

What the SH!T frisky, 370z??? 

I know, I know. But here's the deal- it's the only affordable, decently powered RWD coupe left on the market these days. Tempted as I was by a base V8 Camaro/Mustang or BRZ tS, those cars just didn't do it for me. The BRZ is too underpowered, the Pony cars too large and heavy. The 370Z is a no-apologies, throwback sports coupe. It's a bit wild and rough around the edges, but I like it for that. It's really like a smaller, cheaper Vette. For this price point, it was an easy choice. 

3 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

59dbde9aa3751.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Dear God- what the hell is that?? If this is the OEM accord, I certainly have not seen a single one yet by me. Looks like it's channeling a Dodge Charger in that front clip. Very bizarre & unfortunate collection of cues & surfacing - look at the reflection pinch point in the middle upper of the rear door. Oof- and I thought the civic was 'off'.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

Dear God- what the hell is that?? If this is the OEM accord, I certainly have not seen a single one yet by me. Looks like it's channeling a Dodge Charger in that front clip. Very bizarre & unfortunate collection of cues & surfacing - look at the reflection pinch point in the middle upper of the rear door. Oof- and I thought the civic was 'off'.

It's not pretty, but it's very, very nice. And apparently it drives damn good, too. Plus, it's better in person.

Most everything in this tier (and others) 'drives good', but couldn't Honda have made it pleasant to look at, too?
Hondas for the most part have been innocuous & contemporary, but this... I would like to know what the stew pot this came out of was labeled. ;)

- - - - -
Camry & Accord were only 700 units apart in Jan of '17, but this January the camry is up 16% and the accord is down 13%; they are now separated by 7000 units! Has anyone read about any backlash towards the accord?

Edited by balthazar

Charger was my first thought also when I saw the front end of the new Accord..I guess they are trying to go outrageous looking to compete with the new emboldened Camry.  Accords were always clean and subtle for the most part in the past, no more..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

12 hours ago, balthazar said:

Honda has lost their minds as all of Honda has gone in the Crapper with the current new style. They went from ultra conservative and boring to outright offensive and ugly and sales are showing it.

Interesting thread I found where plenty of people are complaining about the over all bunker blah tired design style.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=411248

Also found the Honda Accord Press release about how great the new redesigned Accord is and I have to say that they sure go out of their way to try and justify how ugly it is as an awesome redesign that lowers the CD, weight extra and yet totally miss how the 1990's versions were better to see out of and a superior green house appeal.

http://world.honda.com/news/2017/4170717eng.html

The early 90s generation was a high point of Accord styling, IMO.   They couldn't build this today because of tougher safety standards.   But the outward visibility was great, the styling was crisp and clean, no gimmicks or cheese.  And 3 body styles.

1993_honda_accord_sedan_ex_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

90802041990211.jpg

u3hogea3.png.jpeg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I've seen and sat in the new Accord in person, and have seen a few on the road.  It is much better than in pics.    Living 3 miles from downtown and half a mile from the subway, we are going to be a 1 car household within the next 5 years.. If the Accord had AWD it would be on the shortlist for sure.  Remember how polarizing the Civic styling was, and it pretty much killed the new Elantra and Cruze sales.

Edited by frogger

First I'd get my truck out of the way with a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road. They apparently dropped that trim for 2018 but I think it was around 34k(a couple grand more than the TRD Sport trim).

The ole family-sized hauler would be an Edge SEL AWD. I wanted a Grand Cherokee but I didn't want a base model to get AWD. 

Now for some funner things. 

2018 Mustang GT (manual trans)

Miata RF Grand Touring (manual trans)

Here's a car I'm not sure when I'd drive with considering I have the other vehicles to drive but I'd always had a little sweet spot for it. Acura ILX but it needs the A-Spec package so I can get my much needed fog lights. I also love the LED head lights Acura has too. I added pretty much any available package and it ended up at $36,065. The more I think about it, I might drive it more than expected as it's the only one that would really have any luxury to it. 

2017 Tacoma.jpg

Edge.jpg

2018 Mustang.jpg

Miata RF.jpg

Acura ILX.jpg

2016-Acura-ILX-cockpit.jpg

On 2/14/2018 at 9:24 PM, balthazar said:

Agree.  Zero plans for this to disgrace my driveway.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:05 PM, balthazar said:

Most everything in this tier (and others) 'drives good', but couldn't Honda have made it pleasant to look at, too?
Hondas for the most part have been innocuous & contemporary, but this... I would like to know what the stew pot this came out of was labeled. ;)

- - - - -
Camry & Accord were only 700 units apart in Jan of '17, but this January the camry is up 16% and the accord is down 13%; they are now separated by 7000 units! Has anyone read about any backlash towards the accord?

Would prefer a Camry myself. 

On 2/14/2018 at 9:25 PM, Frisky Dingo said:

It's not pretty, but it's very, very nice. And apparently it drives damn good, too. Plus, it's better in person.

Not better enough for sixty payments from me.

On 2/13/2018 at 3:17 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

Mixing this up a little bit...

#1. Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

#2. Volkswagen GTI (you saw that one coming. )

3 more to follow.

Actually one more to follow.  I would add a Wrangler.

#1 Buick Regal TourX Essence - $35,995

#2 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L - $35,995

#3 Ford Mustang GT - $35,095

#4 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S - $35,785

#5 Chevrolet Sonic Premium RS manual - $22,290

I would rather the Camaro SS than the Mustang but you can't get one within the price constraints and for the purposes of this exercise, I'll take the Mustang GT over the Camaro V6.  I know the Sonic is an oddball choice but I have been oddly fascinated with these things lately.  Not sure why.

Regal TourX.jpg

Pacifica Touring L.jpg

Ford Mustang GT.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL.jpg

Chevy Sonic.jpg