Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GM News: Barra Confirms GM is Working On EV Pickup

43 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Oh I hate China, you misunderstand.  The billboards were paid for by a ride sharing company... not a rival automotive company.  So I think if they are dissatisfied with Tesla's junk and have the means, they have a leg to stand on.  Now if it were a rival automotive company out of China, I would poo-poo it.  Clear now, Booyah?

I'm still laughing at "America's best regarded carmaker", though, that is pure comedy gold.

So it’s just better for you to disregard valid arguments (like what Drew said) and create your own narrative so that you can feel better about bashing an American company trying to do business in a nation known for unreliable junk? 

As as it has already been pointed out, the problem is not whether the Tesla’s there are junk or not. It’s the down time which has jack squat to do with reliability. If you want to cherry pick this because of your blind hate, go ahead. Just don’t expect others to buy into because most folks here know the facts. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 3

Well where I work, we had an Envision in the shop for two months waiting for front end crash parts, when the actual repair would have taken 6 working days if parts were readily available.  We had an Encore in the shop for two months for rear end crash parts, when the repair would have taken 8 working days if parts had been readily available.

It is unconscionable that parts should take that long.  Both GM vehicles are Asian built, as we all know.

So I will call out car companies that cannot provide parts in a timely manner.  My main sticking point with Tesla is Elon Musk, I cannot stand him.  His cars are dead boring, scary generic looking... like the man without a face.  So no, I am not going to be taught by you or anyone else to regard Tesla in any sort of positive light.

• Disagree 3

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Well where I work, we had an Envision in the shop for two months waiting for front end crash parts, when the actual repair would have taken 6 working days if parts were readily available.  We had an Encore in the shop for two months for rear end crash parts, when the repair would have taken 8 working days if parts had been readily available.

It is unconscionable that parts should take that long.  Both GM vehicles are Asian built, as we all know.

So I will call out car companies that cannot provide parts in a timely manner.  My main sticking point with Tesla is Elon Musk, I cannot stand him.  His cars are dead boring, scary generic looking... like the man without a face.  So no, I am not going to be taught by you or anyone else to regard Tesla in any sort of positive light.

Wrong answer...

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Yet, until now, you have never called out GM with the same vigor that you reserve for Tesla. You also contradicted yourself nexuses your initial gripe was about them being Junk, not because it parts and service timeframes. 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Damn, shouldn’t take that long to fix a car.....if it was mine-I’d be pissed.

Now that the Envision has been out for a while- not so impressed with it now. While it’s a nice looking car, it’s spent more time in the shop than my neighbor’s driveway.......

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

it parts

???

I happen to believe Teslas are junk.  Glorified kit cars.  Fit and finish like home-builts, with outrageous price tags.  Certainly not worth the money these fools are paying.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

EDIT:  as a result of olds' downvote, I have seen the error of my ways.  I now love Tesla.  :rolleyes:

wrong answer...

If you think its about you and Tesla...

you are waaaaaaay off

Image result for far off

If you want answers from me, maybe you should start giving decent arguments. Not hidden agenda rhetoric.

When I respond to you, answer back. Dont ignore. Acknowledge.

If not. You'll get what you do.

You downvote when you dont like something, or you use that laughy thing without answering to it.

So, whenever I see something I dont like from you, Ill just downvote without explanation.

I left for about two weeks. And its the same ole same ole trolling.

We are all over 30 years of age. Some of us are well into our 40s. Some of us into our 50s. 

Can we just have INTELLIGENT conversation and let go of the petty, childish crap?

We get it. You dont like Tesla...

BIG PHOQUING DEAL!!!

However, even at GM, cars are in the shop for 45 days...it happens sometimes...

And in GM North America at that! 

What? We are sooooo wanting everything right now today? 

I sometimes have to wait 48 hours to get a phoquing oil change and tires changed at BOTH Acura and Ford...

Tires and oil change...

Without knowing what really was wrong with that ride sharing Tesla...we give our two bit hatred for Tesla just because a Chinese ride hailing company said Tesla gave shyte service.

One glaring question I got for that Tesla ride sharing company is:

What did YOU do to the car for it to be in the shop for 45 days?

What did the driver do to it? How phoqued up was his driving for the Tesla to be in the shop?

North Americans are not exactly awesome drivers...but Chinese drivers are notoriously bad...

Its funny though, your hatred for Tesla IMMEDIATELY makes you blame Tesla. But as I, when I said I dont trust China and Trump...you downvote me.

Because I mentioned Trump?

Funny?

You mention immigrants in an EV thread and you wanna pass that off as OK converstaion...

Well...

Hypocrite much?

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

???

I happen to believe Teslas are junk.  Glorified kit cars.  Fit and finish like home-builts, with outrageous price tags.  Certainly not worth the money these fools are paying.

Wrong PHOQUING answer!!!

26 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

???

More reliable than your average Jeep and that’s not being personal. That’s a statement of fact. The other fact is that they could be Toyota reliable and you’d still bitch because EVs are the devil. 

24 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

??? translation please?

While it may be a bit long, his position is pretty clear on this. Meanwhile, you have moved the bar where the Tesla issues are concerned. First it was they are all junk, then it’s calling it out when service takes that, and then back to the junk statement. Which is it? 

Again, we get it. This isn’t just about Tesla and neither is this story. You hate EVs. Meanwhile, the automotive world is moving on without you. 

43 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Yet, until now, you have never called out GM with the same vigor that you reserve for Tesla. You also contradicted yourself nexuses your initial gripe was about them being Junk, not because it parts and service timeframes. 

Jesus iPhone. It’s “because” not “nexuses”. 

This should really get back to GM and their EV pickup plans. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, daves87rs said:

I wonder what the design language would look like for Chevy on that platform......

There are a ton of options on that front, I’m sure, but hopefully whatever they decide to go with gets a better response than their current design language. 

• Agree 2

Personally, I like the new half tons (I prefer the Custom and WT front ends) and LOVE the 2020 HD Chevrolet.  With no clue from Barra on WHEN this experiment will actually materialize, it could be something completely different, yet familiar.

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Personally, I like the new half tons (I prefer the Custom and WT front ends) and LOVE the 2020 HD Chevrolet.  With no clue from Barra on WHEN this experiment will actually materialize, it could be something completely different, yet familiar.

I’m on the opposite side of the current design fence. I actually like the exterior design of the light duty models (especially after seeing quite a few in person) but the HD front end is just horrid to me. Where they really need to focus on is the Fisher Price interior that is being shamed by Ford and RAM. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, daves87rs said:

I wonder what the design language would look like for Chevy on that platform......

Yes..since this won't be an EV version of the Colorado and Silverado, they may go a different path with a BEV based EV...and what name?  Will be interesting to see what comes..

5 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They'll just try and stretch a Camaro face over it like they did with the Blazer. 

How about a Bolt with a 4ft bed grafted on the back and a Camaro face...that would be hawt....

• Haha 1