2008 Camaro?

And I do quote:

......oh ye of little faith....................

..........by the way -- I REALLY wish I could have seen CJ's face when he got a look at the yellow car. 

(eyes really DO bug out, don't they???)

Shouldn't that include a :AH-HA_wink: ?

Edited by NOS2006

And I do quote:

......oh ye of little faith....................

..........by the way -- I REALLY wish I could have seen CJ's face when he got a look at the yellow car. 

(eyes really DO bug out, don't they???)

Shouldn't that include a :AH-HA_wink: ?

Beat me to it NOS, been a good night on the old Camaro Watch, hasn't it?

Guest YellowJacket894

A pre-production model...?

Lets see the GTO!

How many photos are there total and is there a place I can see them all without reading so much German?

Edited by YellowJacket894

I think we are definitely seeing a car that is far closer to production than the concept. Take a look at the molding around the shifter, the radio looks more production, the molding around the center gauges and the console that extends back. Here is a side by side:

Posted Image

The steering wheel still looks good :)

// c0ld_phuz10n

Edit, just noticed that what we can see of the pedals on the yellow car look a lot like the pedals in the current GTO. Also, unlike the concept, there is a knob to the left of the wheel for the lights.

Edited by c0ld_phuz10n

Where did he say that? I saw him lurking on the thread a little bit ago, but didn't see a post.

camaroz28.com

And you said we're getting too excited over nothing.. :P

Edited by NOS2006

Some interesting rumours. For those who don't know, there's a live action Transformers movie being shot righ now, for release in the July 4th 2007. Apparently, GM will be a big sponsor.

Here's some interesting bit of info gathered at the current location:

"Hey, I work out here at Holloman AFB, in New Mexico. The Transformers movie started filming here last week. Some slight spoilers Bumblebee is going to start out as a 1970's Camaro, get really f-ed up, then be rebuilt as a 2008 Camaro."

Yes. 2008 Camaro.

Good Grief, I am getting old. First I'm shocked to've lived long enough to see a Transformers revival, and Second to see that it rates a movie based on them.

That said, anything that keeps Camaro in the conciousness of the masses would be by default a good thing. And it looks good in the 'bee paint scheme.

Has Chevy got so many of the new ones stockpiled already that they can be in more than one or two places at once?

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh, yeah, I'd like evok to say there's no Camaro now.

Hmmm...those guage inserts really look like GTO parts bin pieces...so does the light control knob.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, Northie, I had made a mention of that earlier :P

Aren't you effing stoked about this?!

You just said the orange doesn't connect around or whatever. I'm not sure if it does since it's really dark in that part of the pic, but the whole door panel is different regardless. Yes I'm stoked about this, but I'm even more stoked about the GTO because we knew there was going to be a Camaro.

That pushbar on the Mustang is Hiii-larious!

In the interior shot what can we make of the B pillar?

Is the B plillar solid or will it go down with the rear window?

If B pillar is solid at least it looks well hidden with the windows up.

I would like to know more on Saleen on the car. I know Roush was said to be looking into doing a Camaro before that thread was removed from Cz28.

Heh...umm....I could be wrong, but I think you guys may be getting too excited over a 1 off build for a movie. Then again if it's for a movie I suppose there may be 4 or 5 of them.

I do not think you are wrong!

Demolition Man comes to mind for me.

Oh and so does the Martix. The difference between the Martix and The Demolition Man was the Matrix actually used Alpha II build level prototypes. The vehicles used in Demolition Man were concept vehicles recycled for the movie.

That looks like the Concept Camaro to me built for the movie more so than prototype build.

Edited by evok

After looking at the interior more, I can't tell if the gauge cluster is from the GTO, but the round thing left of the steering wheel is from the GTO (controls the lights) and the pedals appear to be as well. It's very hard to tell, but the gearshift indicator looks pretty similar as well.

If B pillar is solid at least it looks well hidden with the windows up.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE God let it be just a rubber weatherstrip.

Guest YellowJacket894

After looking at the interior more, I can't tell if the gauge cluster is from the GTO, but the round thing left of the steering wheel is from the GTO (controls the lights) and the pedals appear to be as well. It's very hard to tell, but the gearshift indicator looks pretty similar as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of the thinking's been done for ya', Northstar. :AH-HA_wink:

Hmmm...those guage inserts really look like GTO parts bin pieces...so does the light control knob.

Posted Image

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The HVAC controls look similar, too. :scratchchin:

EDIT: After looking at those two photos again...hmmm...you know, those are more than likely the GTO guage inserts without the chrome rings, etc. So, yeah, I'd bet a few dollars on that being the truth.

Know theyself, and know the competition: so I went and browsed a few stang sites to see what they were saying about the Saleen cop car and the Camaro.

The general consensus seems to be: the stang looks good, but they like the Camaro a lot too.

and I quote:

I love the Mustang and all but that Camaro is just killer!

8)

// c0ld_phuz10n

Edited by c0ld_phuz10n

I've been reading at CZ28 and I think they took a GTO and put the Camaro body on it.

GTO wheelbase: 109.8 in

GTO track: 61.8F, 61.9R

Camaro Concept wheelbase: 110.5 in

Camaro track: 63.8F, 63.3 R

So it would seem to me that those would be close enough to build a car for a movie on. I have made a side-by-side below Also, parts that have been identified from the GTO include:

Guage cluster

Headlight controls (round knob)

Seat bottoms (the seat back could be modified)

Pedals

Other parts that I'm am not sure if they are from the GTO but are very similar if not:

Door pulls

HVAC controls

Seatbelt fastener

Lever to make the seatback go forward to allow access to rear passengers

Also, notice the concept Camaro has the seatbelt attached to the seat, not the case in the yellow one:

Posted Image

Here is the side-by-side. Parts circled in red are ones that I am almost 100% sure are exactly the same. Parts in blue seem very similar but I can't say for sure are the same:

Posted ImagePosted Image

And to show the GTO seatbelt:

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

If it was just a Camaro bodyshell on a GTO platform, why would GM bother with making the interior similar to the concept's?

This is a mock-up/prototype/mule. I wouldn't doubt that for a minute.

GTO under the shell would make sense.

As for the interior, it may be seen in the movie and they made it close to the concept with some GTO part tossed in.

If it was never seen in the movie why would they even put any interior in to begin with when it has tinted glass.

I am thinking we are being shown a little real and a little mock up here.

My only real thinking on this one is that Optimus Prime better be a damned Red cab-over Frieghtliner (like he's supposed to be) not some blue and white truck like all the supposed clips show. Now, there could and should also be a white cab-over in there too, we will all know him as Ultra Magnus. I can't believe I remember all the names, although I do have the entire 1st generation series on dvd along with the movie and MANY MANY MANY Transformers toys..

I don't care what it is I'm buying an enclosed car tariler and

getting a cut-rate discount on the very first street legal 5th

gen. Camaro to hit the streets. :wink:

Edited by Sixty8panther

My only real thinking on this one is that Optimus Prime better be a damned Red cab-over Frieghtliner (like he's supposed to be) not some blue and white truck like all the supposed clips show.  Now, there could and should also be a white cab-over in there too, we will all know him as Ultra Magnus.  I can't believe I remember all the names, although I do have the entire 1st generation series on dvd along with the movie and MANY MANY MANY Transformers toys..

pretty sure it's allready known that prime is a fire engine....?

I think we are definitely seeing a car that is far closer to production than the concept. Take a look at the molding around the shifter, the radio looks more production, the molding around the center gauges and the console that extends back. Here is a side by side:

Posted Image

The steering wheel still looks good :)

// c0ld_phuz10n

Edit, just noticed that what we can see of the pedals on the yellow car look a lot like the pedals in the current GTO. Also, unlike the concept, there is a knob to the left of the wheel for the lights.

If there is a computer god out there that can look at the "productions" passenger seat with the folder and blow-up those tiny words and focus them to find out what that says that would be much appreciated

I doubt this is the pre-production model. The interior probably has all the working equipment in order for either the stuntmen to drive or for interior shots of the car in motion. Though.. who knows. By the time this movie comes out, the new Camaro may be on it's way to showrooms and this is just one giant product placement for the car. Much like the CTS in the second Matrix movie. It wasn't even introduced to the public yet when they started filming that chase scene.

Then the movie will suck just as the cartoon series with Prime as a fire engine sucked.  Optimus Prime was (at least in my heart) and will forever be a 80,000-lb Frieghtliner that just happened to turn into a 30-ft tall kick-ass and lead to you anything robot.

In the current "anime" series, Prime is a firetruck. I saw it a couple years ago, and couldn't believe that they would do that...way to alienate the fan base...

Even the PS2 game which is based upon the current gen of Transformers changed Prime back to a semi truck. The creators of the game knew no one wanted Prime as a firetruck, why wouldn't the film's creators?

Hey, I said "mock-up", too... :mellow:

I'm with you. I don't see why "mock-up" is unbelievable. This interior looks much more production intent than the concept car does. Yes, it uses many parts bin pieces - which I'm sure saves not only time, but huge amounts of money (it's done in production all the time, afterall), but why go to the trouble of making the shifter in the console mimic the showcar shifter, redoing the layout of the door panels, making a more production looking dash, but keeping the dual pod layout and console gauges, if you weren't trying to at least reflect what the real car's interior is going to look like? If they didn't care, and this car is built on a GTO (though Settlemire never said that) why not just use the GTO interior, maybe change the steering wheel and call it a day. Seems to me that at the very least that this is a very good indicator of what the production interior will be like - if not identical down to every detail.