Sign in to follow this  
buickguy

5* for Lucerne in Crash Tests

18 posts in this topic

Paolino    99

What's upsetting is, this is something that needs to be heard. Safety, quality--these are VERY strong points in Buick.

I saw a dark garnet CXS with a chrome grille on the way home--just beautiful--classy, stately, very nice. Would love to own one.

Flybrian    0

LeSabre, Park Ave, and Riviera were all standard-bearers in real-world safety, IMO. You can stick fifteen airbags in a Tercel and render it 'safe', but G-bodies have always been among - if not the - strongest, most resiliant platforms any car rides on today. Glad to see Lucerne carries this forward.

Flybrian    0

Another feather in the Buick Lucerne's cap.  As of this time, I don't see any press release from GM Media Online. :nono:

And yet its been reflected in our GM Vehicle Safety Guide within our Resources section, along with other newly-listed IIHS and NHTSA ranking.

To see photos and video clips (where available) of GM crash tests, click on the link above.

:CG_all:

ZL-1    160

As of this time, I don't see any press release from GM Media Online. :nono:

And that worries me more than all of the supposed media and Wall Street biases. If the company cannot market it's successes by itself, why complain about media/analysts and so on?

Edited by ZL-1

Another score for Lucerne! And this is something GM needs to advertise, especially on the G6, which could use some positive reinforcement.

wildcat    0

I'd say GM doesn't care about Buick.

Another example? How many times has Buick been featured on the GM Fastlane Blog? There's never been a feature about Buick, like there's been about Saab, Saturn, Chevy, et al. The only thing has been a mention or two at a time of the Lucerne or the Enclave.

pow    106

Just one more reason why I prefer it to the Blandalon.

The Avalon did better... it got a quadruple five-star crash rating. The Lucerne gets four-stars for side impacts.

But anway, NHTSA's test procedures are dated and vague.

The G6 just plain looks well planted... although

that obviously-FWD-stance is not appealing to me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this