Infiniti News: Infiniti Planning Five New Models by 2022

Infiniti is planning on launching five new models over the next 3 years. The first will be the QX55 that we reported on the other day.  It is a crossover coupe version of their QX50 crossover and is expected to be powered by the same 2.0-liter variable compression engine.

Next up is the redesigned QX60. Expect it to look much more SUV like than that of a crossover. Infiniti says the styling will be dramatically different than the QX60 on the lots today. They mention that the gas powered model will have a large grille, which implies there will be an electrified model coming as well.  They are also planning on offering two 12.3-inch touch screens and a two-tone roof.  The QX60 is Infiniti's best selling vehicle.

After that, Infiniti will be launching three electrified vehicles, a crossover and two sedans.  The vehicle will be offered as fully electric or with serial hybrid technology which is similar to that in the Chevy Volt where a gasoline engine recharges the batteries which power the car. Styling is expected to take after the Q-Inspiration concept shown at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show.  The three vehicles are following a "three vehicles, one platform" concept and will all be related. 

View full article

LONG overdue. Definitely see some major Cadillac Escala design cues in front end and hood and the new CT cars design cues with front end and hood, as well as some Jaguar F Type in front and down the side.

image.png.6e69518f6d640a614362e24548a5e515.png

Are we sure Johan D. didn't really go back to Infiniti? 😁

Edited by USA-1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

LONG overdue. Definitely see some major Cadillac Escala design cues in front end and hood and the new CT cars design cues with front end and hood, as well as some Jaguar F Type in front and down the side.

image.png.6e69518f6d640a614362e24548a5e515.png

Are we sure Johan D. didn't really go back to Infiniti? 😁

Model S greenhouse and down the side as well.

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

QX50 was last year.

QX30 was two years before that. 

That’s not much, especially when one is a rebodied GLA they were given in exchange for the X-class.   Mercedes put out an all new E-class with 4 body styles, G-wagon, GLE, GLS, A-class, CLA, refreshed S-class, refreshed C-class, refreshed GLC since 2017.

11 hours ago, smk4565 said:

That’s not much, especially when one is a rebodied GLA they were given in exchange for the X-class.   Mercedes put out an all new E-class with 4 body styles, G-wagon, GLE, GLS, A-class, CLA, refreshed S-class, refreshed C-class, refreshed GLC since 2017.

Oh stop. Every company goes through these types of cycles. Seemingly nothing for a few years and then BAM! Ten new models in two years. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Oh stop. Every company goes through these types of cycles. Seemingly nothing for a few years and then BAM! Ten new models in two years. 

Not successful companies, successful ones stay on schedule.

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Not everyone has Benz money

Nissan-Renault is the 3rd biggest car company in the world.  They should have money unless Carlos Ghosn took it all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Yesterday, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Groupe PSA officially merged to become Stellantis, the fourth-largest automaker in the world. But this merge has produced some consequences that need to be addressed. One of those being Peugeot's re-entry back in to the U.S.
      “We were last speaking about [Peugeot’s U.S. re-entry] a year and a half ago, before Stellantis. We can’t not take into account that in the coming days Peugeot will be part of this new world. I imagine in the coming months due to the new strategy we will have to adapt and reconsider all elements, including this one,” said Peugeot CEO Jean-Philippe Imparato to Automotive News.
      A key reason for this reconsideration not wanting overlap brands in the U.S.
      This is a polar opposite to comments made last year by Larry Dominique, CEO of PSA North America.
      Imparto's focus for Peugeot in the near future is concentrating on its core markets - Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. There are also plans to get the brand back on track in China. As for the U.S., Imparto said it was "still on the table" down the road.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Yesterday, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Groupe PSA officially merged to become Stellantis, the fourth-largest automaker in the world. But this merge has produced some consequences that need to be addressed. One of those being Peugeot's re-entry back in to the U.S.
      “We were last speaking about [Peugeot’s U.S. re-entry] a year and a half ago, before Stellantis. We can’t not take into account that in the coming days Peugeot will be part of this new world. I imagine in the coming months due to the new strategy we will have to adapt and reconsider all elements, including this one,” said Peugeot CEO Jean-Philippe Imparato to Automotive News.
      A key reason for this reconsideration not wanting overlap brands in the U.S.
      This is a polar opposite to comments made last year by Larry Dominique, CEO of PSA North America.
      Imparto's focus for Peugeot in the near future is concentrating on its core markets - Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. There are also plans to get the brand back on track in China. As for the U.S., Imparto said it was "still on the table" down the road.
    • By William Maley
      It has been some time since we last reported on PSA Group's plan to re-enter the U.S. When we last checked in, Peugeot was chosen as the brand to be entering the U.S. by 2023 and rumors were swirling about a possible merger between PSA Group and FCA. A lot has changed since then as the two automakers begin to finalize plans for a merger, and the COVID-19 pandemic has no end in sight in the U.S. What does that mean for Peugeot's return to the U.S.?
      "My role is to grow the PSA business in North America, growing our mobility capability and preparing for the launch of Peugeot." said Larry Dominique, CEO of PSA North America to Automotive News.
      "From our standpoint, we're planning as if [the merger] doesn't exist. We're marching forward as if PSA was going to be there by themselves."
      Dominique is right now focused on the present with the top priority being building out a dealer network for both U.S. and Canada before the launch. He explained that the company is planning a two-prong approach, having franchised dealers and online retailing.
      "The future success for OEMs is the reduction of distribution costs while ensuring both retail and OEM margin sustainability. This has to be done through strong pricing power, not volume turnover," he said.
      Part of this is due to COVID-19 pandemic which has many automakers rethinking how they sell vehicles, something Dominique admits is a big challenge.
      "All my competitors are going to be focusing on digital, which means we have to step up our game and deliver an even stronger customer experience when we launch Peugeot in North America. We need to get out of an environment where the retailers are dependent upon just F&I and service to pay their bills."
      Another challenge facing Dominique, what models to sell in the U.S. The market has changed a lot since PSA Group announced its intentions to re-enter the U.S. Consumers now are focused on trucks and crossovers.
      "I don't have a full-sized truck,. But the C and D segments are what's relevant to us. The C and D segments are high volume and important to North America. That's where we're going to focus initially,"
      To us, this hints at the 3008 and 5008 crossovers being some of the first models to be available.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      It has been some time since we last reported on PSA Group's plan to re-enter the U.S. When we last checked in, Peugeot was chosen as the brand to be entering the U.S. by 2023 and rumors were swirling about a possible merger between PSA Group and FCA. A lot has changed since then as the two automakers begin to finalize plans for a merger, and the COVID-19 pandemic has no end in sight in the U.S. What does that mean for Peugeot's return to the U.S.?
      "My role is to grow the PSA business in North America, growing our mobility capability and preparing for the launch of Peugeot." said Larry Dominique, CEO of PSA North America to Automotive News.
      "From our standpoint, we're planning as if [the merger] doesn't exist. We're marching forward as if PSA was going to be there by themselves."
      Dominique is right now focused on the present with the top priority being building out a dealer network for both U.S. and Canada before the launch. He explained that the company is planning a two-prong approach, having franchised dealers and online retailing.
      "The future success for OEMs is the reduction of distribution costs while ensuring both retail and OEM margin sustainability. This has to be done through strong pricing power, not volume turnover," he said.
      Part of this is due to COVID-19 pandemic which has many automakers rethinking how they sell vehicles, something Dominique admits is a big challenge.
      "All my competitors are going to be focusing on digital, which means we have to step up our game and deliver an even stronger customer experience when we launch Peugeot in North America. We need to get out of an environment where the retailers are dependent upon just F&I and service to pay their bills."
      Another challenge facing Dominique, what models to sell in the U.S. The market has changed a lot since PSA Group announced its intentions to re-enter the U.S. Consumers now are focused on trucks and crossovers.
      "I don't have a full-sized truck,. But the C and D segments are what's relevant to us. The C and D segments are high volume and important to North America. That's where we're going to focus initially,"
      To us, this hints at the 3008 and 5008 crossovers being some of the first models to be available.
    • By William Maley
      The COVID-19 pandemic has basically brought most of the world to halt. Orders to stay at home, businesses either having workers to their work from home or closing down, and unemployment skyrocketing is causing the economy to crater. There are efforts to try and jump-start the economy such as $1,200 stimulus checks. But an executive at Ford wants to see a return of a "cash for clunkers" like program.
      “We think some level of stimulus somewhere on the other side of this would help not only the auto industry and our dealers, which are a huge part of our overall economy, but will help the customers as well,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford’s vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service to Bloomberg.
      “Cash for clunkers was very effective at that time. It would be nice to think we could have something equally as effective for 2020 when we get out of this because it was a great program.”
      According to LaNeve, internal discussions are taking place at Ford about doing a similar program and there are plans to bring the Government in to these talks.
      When asked by Automotive News about this, Ford spokeswoman Rachel McCleery said, "The auto industry is America’s economic engine.We are encouraging Congress to look at a variety of ways to drive job creation, increase demand, support customers and provide long-term stability for the entire auto ecosystem."
      A brief refresher on the Cash for Clunkers program. In 2009, the U.S. Government introduced a billion initiative called the Car Allowance Rebate System, which gave a voucher worth between $2,900 and $4,500 to anyone replacing a vehicle newer than 1984. Their old vehicle would be taken away and disposed of. The program was nicknamed Cash for Clunkers.
      On the surface, the program was a success. Within first month, all of the funds were exhausted. This prompted the U.S. congress infuse an addition two billion into the program, which would be all gone within 17 days. But begin to look deeper and the results are mixed. In 2012, a study published in the Quarterly Journal of Economics described the program as being a bit of a wash,
      "...the effect of the program on auto purchases is almost completely reversed by as early as March 2010 — only seven months after the program ended.”
      Other studies have come to the same conclusion.
      There's also the question of how many perfectly good used cars were taken off the road due to the program.
      Source: Bloomberg via Automotive News (Subscription Required), The Drive, The Truth About Cars
  • Recent Status Updates

• Drew Dowdell

If you get this, you are a critical thinker.
      I enter the bedroom.
      There are 34 people. You kill 30. How many people are in the bedroom?
      If you get it correct your answer will be deleted and I’ll message you to continue the game. Don’t bother playing if you’re not going to continue, party poopers!
      I won against Keele Christopher
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

One of my favorite stops on that trip.
      · 0 replies
    • trinacriabob  »  NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Happy birthday, Landis!  Hope it was a good one.  Again, it would have been my dad's birthday ... and Napoleon Bonaparte's.  (Both of them were height challenged.)
      I'd be going to Mario's on that beachfront boulevard in Galveston to pig out at their Italian buffet. 
      · 2 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

So I did a thing. I have wanted one of these for years. I managed to find a 2013 Avalanche with just 12,800 miles on the odometer. It’s very well loaded and practically perfect in every way. Very very happy with it!
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

Happy birthday to my love Albert
      · 1 reply
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook