2 "snack size" whole wheat tortillas

extra virgin olive oil

pizza sauce

shredded "Italian blend" cheese

peckeroni

chopped green pepper

sliced black olives

sliced mushrooms

stack your two tortillas on a pizza pan and brush both sides with olive oil (tortillas make a delicious, thin, crispy crust)

pizza sauce to taste

top with cheese

strategically place your peckeronis around the pizza

green pepper pieces to taste

sliced black olives to taste

sliced shrooms to taste

stick it in the oven @ 425 until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 8 minutes if oven is preheated. take out of oven and let cool a few minutes so the cheese sets a bit, slice and enjoy over and over again.

I just devoured two of these little guys and damn they're good! How do you guys build your pizzas?

Oh they're around. An old friend of mine works at one.

He was always some anti-capitalist, anti-government "Rage against the Machine" listener who made fun of me for "working" for the "machine"...

Well, I heard someone say he works in a Little Caesers in Ontario so I got the number of the place, called long distance to only laugh my ass off for 5 minutes when he answers the phone (I easily recognized his voice) and says "Little Caesers, Pizza Pizza"...

:lol: ... Guess you had to be there...

Yum, who doesn't like pizza?  I like to make my own:

preheat oven to 425

2 "snack size" whole wheat tortillas

extra virgin olive oil

pizza sauce

shredded "Italian blend" cheese

peckeroni

chopped green pepper

sliced black olives

sliced mushrooms

stack your two tortillas on a pizza pan and brush both sides with olive oil (tortillas make a delicious, thin, crispy crust)

pizza sauce to taste

top with cheese

strategically place your peckeronis around the pizza

green pepper pieces to taste

sliced black olives to taste

sliced shrooms to taste

stick it in the oven @ 425 until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 8 minutes if oven is preheated.  take out of oven and let cool a few minutes so the cheese sets a bit, slice and enjoy over and over again.

I just devoured two of these little guys and damn they're good!  How do you guys build your pizzas?

Stack the tortillas??

I'm assuming you're doubling them up to make the crust thicker, but how do you get them to stick together?

Best around here is from a little Italian place in town called Little Luigis. I have known the people a long time. Nothing is quite like theirs. They dont overdo it with the pizza sauce.

Mr. Y. Dart: yeah, I'm talking double thickness on the tortillas. gives it a nice foundation for the toppings. They stick together after it's baked with the toppings all gooey and hot.

I've tried making "proper" pizza with the dough and all that, but one of my favorites is with really good bread and simple ingredients.

Turn on toaster oven to "toast" setting

Cut Il Fornaio Slipper Bread (aka "Ciabatta"; from Trader Joe's) in half, remove some of the center

Toast bread until slightly crunchy

Spread pasta sauce on bread

Tear mozarella cheese and add

Get it back into the oven until the cheese melts slightly and the bread gets really crunchy

Add cherry tomatoes (cut in half) and basil leaves

Drizzle EV olive oil on top, particularly with garlic

Crack some black pepper on top

Enjoy

Edited by empowah

Thanks O.B., my stomach is growling like a creature

from a horror movie! Damn that sounds good! :huh:

Um... I like pizza, but as far as making my own... meh, I'll pass. Pizza Hut for me. :P

Ugh... I've only eaten Pizza Hut a couple times and they really ought to include a complementary two dose bottle of Peptol Bismol along with the peppers and dips...

The day after I had eaten it, I spent most of my time taking a "porcelain cruise..."

Chain places suck. The only good pizza is made in NY maybe Jersey but thats it . And at home. You guys dont want to know whats in the crap ingriedients in those places.

Yeah, NY pizza is awesome. I love Lombardis!

A local chain in the Twin Cities is called "Broadway Bar". It's the best thin-crust pizza in the area. It's excellent.

Back to little Ceasars: they were a fav of mine just for their tv advertising. They have one of the best commercials I've ever seen. The commercial was advertising their "2 pizza's and a movie" deal, where if you purchased 2 pizza's from LC's, they'd throw in a coupon good for a free movie rental at blockbusters. The announcer on the tv ad was going on and on about how it was better than all of their previous deals. It was even better than their "2 pizza's and a perm" deal. The commercial then shows this family of four + the family dog, all with these super-tight perm (including the dog). The dad is chewing on a slice of pizza's while saying "it's gonna be tough to beat that one". It's laugh-out-loud funny.

Whole Foods's pizza is pretty horrible, btw, and it's really overpriced (per lb.)

This is the busy one on Fairfax and 3rd, too, but at least it's better than any of the crap at the "Farmers Market" across from it.

Edited by empowah

Me n' Ed's Pizza in California (Mostly Central and Northern) is by far the best pizza in america. I have had it all over the US and nothing compares. Its expensive, but worth every penny.

I had that when we went to Fresno. I can vouch for it being at least the best pizza I've had outside of the Bronx. It's a HUGE pie, too 8)

Full Moon on Arthur Avenue & 187 st in the Bronx and Johnny's Lincoin Ave. in Mt. Vernon two of the best . When one of you guys want to know how pizza is supposed to be this is where to get it. And I grew up in a family full of professional pizza guys.

hmm... theres a place near me called Emilia Romagna's... they make some of the greatest pizza ever...

another place called Basil's makes some great stuff too... he has another place in new york sumplace...

the only two chains ill eat the pizza from is CPK and Sbarro's... sbarro's stuffed pizza is freakin amazing...

California Pizza Kitchen's Chicken Tandoori (sp?) pizza is awesome, with the chutney they put on the side... YUM.

I don't TOUCH Indian food, the mere smell of it makes me gag...call me narrow minded, but sometimes I envision a cobra slithering through a kitchen and it makes it into my food. I also resent how something that is meant to be Italian has $h! like pineapples/Canadian bacon on it. That pisses me off. I don't mind some Greeking up of the pizza, though - that would be the feta cheese but so many of the things that are Greek at heart (olives, etc) are also somewhat Italianate.

I only like THIN crust pizza. That would be Neapolitan. Sicilian pizza is too bread-like.

Most chains suck big time. However, one in CA/NV called Z-Pizza is very good. Favorite ingredients: mushrooms, pepperoni, olives, spinach and artichokes.

PB, is your concoction of the thin crust variety?

Edited by trinacriabob

We're lucky enough to live about 1/8th of a mile from the best local

pizza around. It's called PIZZA PIZZAZ and we're pretty much

putting their kids through college.

My favorite is Black Olive & Garlic Pizza from there... I came up with

that combo about 2 years ago and it's been my favorite ever since.

Is it little bulbs of garlic, baked on the pizza

Do you like the actual bulbs of garlic in a pizza or any other dish for that matter? Garlic is good and good for you, but when it comes in big chunks, yuck!

Boboletta, yes, I like roasted garlic nodules (what is a section of a garlic bulb called?)

Did I say peckeroni? Must have been a typo. :AH-HA_wink:

Joe: yes, we know about your affinity for sausage. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Godfathers around here has the best pizza but Sammy's has the worst. They puree the sasauge when you order it and apply it in nasty little blobs all around the pizza. No, I will not order a pizza without sasauge. Unless a pizza is topped with at least sasauge, peperoni, pork and canadian bacon the pizza is naked. Yes, I am weird like that. :AH-HA_wink:

Weird? No, it just means you're not some wussy vegetarian. :nono:

Ever see broccoli pizza sans cheese?... I know I have and it was a dude in a turtleneck that ordered it.

...I'll bet he drove a Prius

Edited by Captainbooyah