A thing has been done....

Hey all.  Sorry I've been away for so long. Life has taken some very very weird turns for me in the last 8 months and I've been in some bad places.  I'll update you on all of that in another post.

In the meantime.....If you remember, I've been driving my partner's father's 2014 Cruze since November 18.  We took over the loan when we took the car and in May I got tired of the monthly payment so I just paid off the remaining $3.3k. We're keeping the Encore for now. It just passed 100k miles and has been great for us. It's in excellent condition, so we expect to have it for another 50k miles or so.

After the payoff, once he got the title, we transferred the Cruze into my name so that I could quickly trade it if I found something I wanted to replace it with.

Yesterday that something was found and I pulled the trigger.  I pick it up on Wednesday.  I'm not going to tell you what it is or give any hints.  If you're friends with me on Facebook you can't guess if you've seen any of my posts there.

So guys, what did I get?

18 minutes ago, David said:

A Cadillac to go with the Cadillac face mask?

XT5 or CT5

Incorrect.

10 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I was thinking XT3 since it is closer to Encore sized.

Anyway, welcome back, Drew...we've missed you!

Interesting, but incorrect assumption of criteria.

16 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I was thinking XT3 since it is closer to Encore sized.

Anyway, welcome back, Drew...we've missed you!

Drew talked about having more room for family, so that is why I went with the XT5, but I totally get the XT4 thinking.

Agree totally , Drew has been MISSED Big Time!!!

Welcome back Drew, so glad to have you posting again.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Drew talked about having more room for family, so that is why I went with the XT5, but I totally get the XT4 thinking.

Agree totally , Drew has been MISSED Big Time!!!

Welcome back Drew, so glad to have you posting again.

You're on the right track.

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

You're on the right track.

Family with room auto, Facebook has images not available or shared to limited set of people. 

🤔

He did talk about a Crewcab truck at one time and like the avalanche. 

So if not a Demo'd discounted XT6, could it be an Escalade EXT or F-150 crew cab? Or did I go cold?

Guess the logical next question is did you go car, CUV/SUV or Truck?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Family with room auto, Facebook has images not available or shared to limited set of people. 

🤔

He did talk about a Crewcab truck at one time and like the avalanche. 

So if not a Demo'd discounted XT6, could it be an Escalade EXT or F-150 crew cab? Or did I go cold?

Guess the logical next question is did you go car, CUV/SUV or Truck?

I do recall discussion of Merc GLE/GLS, Grand Cherokee Summit and Durango also at one time..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I do recall discussion of Merc GLE/GLS, Grand Cherokee Summit and Durango also at one time..

So true, I had forgotten about that. H'mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder!!!

🤔

• Cadillac XT6
  • Cadillac Escalade EXT
  • Chevrolet Avalanche
  • Ford F-150 Crew Cab
  • Mercedes-Benz GLS/GLE
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Dodge Durango

OK, we got our list for people to vote on since Drew has confirmed it is one of these.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

I'll make you math.  You should know my fleet. The Cruze will go away.  Once the new vehicle has joined the fleet and the Cruze is gone, my cylinder count in my driveway will be 25% higher than it is today. That should narrow the list down slightly.

I was thinking a full-size truck or SUV would have trouble fitting in your driveway (thought it was steep/narrow and required a turn at the bottom to get in the garage), but then I remember you had an Avalanche previously.  

7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I was thinking a full-size truck or SUV would have trouble fitting in your driveway (thought it was steep/narrow and required a turn at the bottom to get in the garage), but then I remember you had an Avalanche previously.  

So what is your guess???????????????? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The Toronado goes in the garage, but even if it didn't, this would not fit. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

So what is your guess???????????????? 🤔

I'm still going w/ the largish 3 row NA-V8 SUVs...Durango or previous gen GLS... smaller than the BOF full size SUVs and more manageable. 

🤔 So just found a writeup on how to identify your Ford 3G, 4G and 6G alternators. 

https://alternatorparts.com/ford-type-3g-4g-6g-series-high-output-alternators.html

That makes me think an F-150 Crew cab pickup with a trailer hitch for his rack to hold his bike.

• Haha 1

hmmmm.   GMC doesn't have a model that starts w/ G with a trim level starting with G, so that seems to rule that out...

Or 3 row GMC..an Acadia or Yukon? 

Edited by Robert Hall

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

hmmmm.   GMC doesn't have a model that starts w/ G with a trim level starting with G, so that seems to rule that out...

Or 3 row GMC..an Acadia or Yukon? 

Nope. It’s definitely on the bulleted list that @David posted earlier. It’s one of those 7.

3G can be decoded to tell you exactly what I got. This might be too much of a clue, so if you get it, just hold on to it for now. I want to see if @balthazar can get this one from the clues given.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sorry; have had some depressing automotive news today; my detective hat is on it's hook. 😔

I think knowing what I know in general, the JGC fits the best RE DD's scenario, but I don't know.  Not picking up on '3G'.  Sorry.

- - - - -
grumpiness & sadness 😔

3G+15?

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sorry; have had some depressing automotive news today; my detective hat is on it's hook. 😔

I think knowing what I know in general, the JGC fits the best RE DD's scenario, but I don't know.  Not picking up on '3G'.  Sorry.

- - - - -
grumpiness & sadness 😔

What depressing auto news happened today Balthazar?

Sorry Drew to hijack the thread, just wanting to hear what happened.

48 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Drewbert, you left us hangin' on a hook like a Speedo at a pool party.  WHAT DID YOU BUY, MAN?

I’m going to keep you all hanging until one of you gets it or I pick it up on Wednesday. But there are plenty of clues in this thread and you all know me well enough to figure it out.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

and you all know me well enough to figure it out.

I Dont Know You Anymore GIFs | Tenor

You left us in the middle of the night without warning.  :(  

You never told us what, where, why.  You never even said goodbye.  :angry:

Pin by Dara Johnson on SW // ☆ Anakin Skywalker ☆ | My heart is breaking,  Star wars awesome, Tumblr movie

So now, you come back and you think everything will be alright?  Just like it was before?  

aftermath – Mos Eisley Chronicles

Come here you big lug!  Give me a hug!

aftermath – Mos Eisley Chronicles

• Haha 3