Pets, All about our furry friends, kids, adopted, raised, etc. Show off the pets!

David

Recent pics of the furkids, with their winter long coats. 

Raine (age 7):  She's an Australian Terrier mix, about 14 lbs.  

IMG-4680.thumb.jpg.b0701bab7e0280659bd4b6bb11ae2ac2.jpg

Henry (14) and Ginger (12), two adorable Yorkies...10 lbs and 6lbs

IMG-4834.jpg

Raine, Ginger and Beardsley:

IMG-4839.jpg

Beardsley (8), he's some sort of mix, about 12 lbs

IMG-4840.jpg

Beardsley out in the snow:

IMG-4850.jpg

Henry:

IMG-4869.jpg

Henry:

IMG-4878.jpg

Alas, these two passed away in the last couple of years--Zo (14) in Apr 2020, and Penny (14) in July 2019.  Both were Yorkies, he was rather large for the breed.

IMG-4808.JPG.4d9b7d47a04e4391a7ebc03c062dc757.JPG

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only had a dog as a teen, providing 12 years of joy through college and entering the workforce.  

She was 35 pound, natural dock tailed, blue merle Australian Shepherd.  (This is obviously a faded photo.)  She far exceeded what I could have hoped for in being a smart, fun, and loyal pet.

909988659_Dogphoto3.thumb.jpg.70a337bc06cec76ec98099285dac5753.jpg

Is it any wonder I'm stuck on the idea of getting a Miniature Australian Shepherd?

Also, there is no dog versus cat scenario for me.  I prefer a dog but there are a fair number of cats with great personalities out there.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I grew up with German Shepherds and Dobermans.  My folks also had Cairns and Miniature Schnauzers when I was very little but i barely remember them.   I credit my sister with getting me interested in small terrier breeds in the late 90s when she & ex-husband #3 had 3 Westies (he had one already when they got married).   

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I grew up with German Shepherds and Dobermans.  My folks also had Cairns and Miniature Schnauzers when I was very little but i barely remember them.   I credit my sister with getting me interested in small terrier breeds in the late 90s when she & ex-husband #3 had 3 Westies (he had one already when they got married).   

Along with Pit Bulls, Presa Canarios, and Rottweilers, these make the list of challenging breeds to own.  I was actually surprised to see German Shepherds on the list, given that they are part of the working dog and herding dog family.  However, the write-ups go on to say that they are very smart and will finally have had enough if an owner were to mistreat them and can turn.  Most German Shepherds I've been around aren't the friendliest dogs.  And, since it looks like and is a close kin of the German Shepherd, the Belgian Shepherd (comes in about 4 different breed name variants, which I have forgotten or can't readily spell) gets the same sort of marks.  They are also used for critical and important work, are aloof, and aren't recommended for families with young kids, since they won't be accommodating when rug rats start pulling their tails, playing with their ears, and all that.

Edited by trinacriabob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Ginny and Henry.  Going to the groomers soon. 

4AA4A3CF-D762-4AA9-8E6C-F3E7357EFC75.jpeg

Can see in their face, WTF Dad, look at us dust balls of a mess! ;) :P 

• Haha 2

Cora had a very fun filled weekend and then painful week day.

Sunday started with her catching the Easter Bunny with the ultimate look. Do not mess with me.

50492.jpeg

Monday was a day of why you not playing with me?

50548.jpeg

50547.jpeg

Tuesday was her first baby tooth lost and crashed sleeping.

50435.jpeg

50579.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Ginny and Henry got their short haircuts for Spring.....Ginny (left) yesterday, and Henry two weeks ago (right).  My groomers are slammed currently, can only get appointments two weeks out.

175984590_900881614029623_414619401241001559_n.jpg

It's all fun in the Sun but in Dayton we had thunder snow today and us and Cincinnati broke snow totals for the last 120 years. Welcome to the Miami valley spring time 😀

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 67impss said:

It's all fun in the Sun but in Dayton we had thunder snow today and us and Cincinnati broke snow totals for the last 120 years. Welcome to the Miami valley spring time 😀

Yeah, crazy weather up here also.  I think Cleveland broke records this week, first snow after April 20th w/ more than 2 inches since 2005, 1974 before that.   Unusual...supposed to warm up, though, over 80 a day or two next week. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Raine got her Spring grooming today. 

IMG-5131.jpg

Thanks Pa, I look and feel AWESOME!!! :metal:

Sister made Swedish meatballs over pasta and broccoli 🥦 for dinner and Cora is saying share with me!

53206.jpeg

Cora wanting to help with dish cleaning.

53086.jpeg

• Agree 1

Cora had a good mothers day, but then went and decided to hang out by herself in the wine room.

Got bathed for mothers day.

53587.jpeg

Wanted to play and hang out.

53609.jpeg

Decided as the adults were ignoring her to go sulk in the wine room.

53611.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I posted anything about Cora. She had her Aunt come to visit as the Dog breeder had to go to her parents to deal with some things so she asked, Lisa and Renee said sure, Uno, Cora's Aunt come to visit, pregnant and all. 57783.jpeg

Cora wanted to play, but Uno was in no mood to play. Just wanted to lay around.

57923.jpeg

Course Sunday morning Uno water broke and labor and at 1:24am monday morning new little Golden Sausages were born.

58176.jpeg58388.jpeg58275.jpeg58277.jpeg58279.jpeg58360.jpeg58401.jpeg58384.jpeg58361.jpeg

Breeders Husband plays piano to help sooth the dogs.

Very cool exrays of the puppies before they came.

57642.jpeg57641.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Coworker has two dogs, the young one is fine and goes out and in from the house to the yard. The other dog is 16 years old and has no vision for the peripheral. Sad pup just waits for momma to let him in even though the door is open. She even put up yellow sticky strips to help the dog and yet it still just waits.

Image from iOS (2).jpg

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, David said:

Coworker has two dogs, the young one is fine and goes out and in from the house to the yard. The other dog is 16 years old and has no vision for the peripheral. Sad pup just waits for momma to let him in even though the door is open. She even put up yellow sticky strips to help the dog and yet it still just waits.

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Two of my best friends (twin brothers) each have Bostons. One of them is still a young pup and I think only 3 years old but the other is probably 13ish. It's always a little sad to see such an energetic dog slow down with its old age. He hasn't had any major health issues but his age says something is coming. Luckily he still has his sight. 

It's always funny when an animal can't see because of obvious things we see but it's extremely sad 2 seconds later. 

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...

In this thread below,  I mentioned that we lost our senior Yorkies within 4 weeks of each other--one in early March (Henry, age 17) and one in early April (Ginger, age 14).

March and April were emotionally pretty difficult.   With the move looming, we hadn't planned on getting more dogs (we still have Beardsley--10 yr old Chi-terrier mix and Raine--9 yr old Australian Terrier mix). 

But an opportunity presented itself last week, and we now have two new 10 wk old Yorkie puppies--female sisters Lola and Lulu.   Haven't had a puppy in a long time, it's a lot of fun and joy.

IMG-9437.jpg

IMG-9454.jpg

IMG-9426.jpg

• Like 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

In this thread below,  I mentioned that we lost our senior Yorkies within 4 weeks of each other--one in early March (Henry, age 17) and one in early April (Ginger, age 14).

March and April were emotionally pretty difficult.   With the move looming, we hadn't planned on getting more dogs (we still have Beardsley--10 yr old Chi-terrier mix and Raine--9 yr old Australian Terrier mix). 

But an opportunity presented itself last week, and we now have two new 10 wk old Yorkie puppies--female sisters Lola and Lulu.   Haven't had a puppy in a long time, it's a lot of fun and joy.

IMG-9437.jpg

IMG-9454.jpg

IMG-9426.jpg

I love them! I love that they're sisters, too!

I'm not sure if I posted it here last year but we got a 3rd Yorkie last year. A little chocolate one who's 3.3lb. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

IMG-9437.jpg

IMG-9454.jpg

IMG-9426.jpg

They are so cute, welcome to babyhood again Robert. 

Celebration Reaction GIF

• Thanks 1

These are our little three girls. 
oldest is Gucci, middle is Chanel(we can her Coco) and the chocolate one is Louis(Vuitton). Bougie much? 😂

IMG_5902.jpeg

68325600890__03AB8AC9-4126-4FC6-9C99-939F9774E18B.jpegIMG_6149.thumb.jpeg.ca36720b36c68efb7e12a2feb1f90a3a.jpeg

…not sure how to rotate a picture here… hahaha 

Edited by ccap41
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I do not why, but this warmed my heart.  Near teary eyed even. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

oldest is Gucci, middle is Chanel(we can her Coco) and the chocolate one is Louis(Vuitton). Bougie much? 😂

IMG_5902.jpeg

68325600890__03AB8AC9-4126-4FC6-9C99-939F9774E18B.jpegIMG_6149.thumb.jpeg.ca36720b36c68efb7e12a2feb1f90a3a.jpeg

Ive wanted to use either the commercial or the song in some way.  Tie it in with a French car or something.    But...something better presented itself. 

Cute dogs!

Dogs Dogs Everywhere - Buzz and Woody (Toy Story) Meme | Make a Meme

Cute dogs everywhere! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

IMG_5902.jpeg

They are adorable.  Having had Yorkies now for 15 years, I love the breed.  Compact, high energy, huge personalities...all the terrier traits in a concentrated form...