Starbucks stories

Dunkin Donuts coffee is under-roasted (more like a french roast)

Starbucks Coffee is Over-Roasted (more like an expresso roast)

thats why some people end up picking one or the other.... good coffee is just hard to find.

hah the funny thing is your half right and very wrong . . .

dunkin donuts buys beans from starbucks to make their coffee

coffee is usually roasted till its popped once . . . starbucks does it till it pops twice . . . starbucks is the only coffee distributer that does an extended roast like this

french roast is also such a dark roast that its been lit on fire popped 3 times and the beans are so swelled from being roasted that the 1 lb bags are 30% larger than any other blend of coffee beans

espresso shots are dark because of the way they are ground and then poured . . . ( it takes about 15 seconds for a shot to be brewed and poured) they actually are a normal roast and if you take the shot before its completely poured and drink it it is so sweet and not bitter that its like drinking the smoothest darkest raost you can find with about a spoonful of sugar in a shot glass

just thought id set that right :booyah:

Edited by mute

I had a nice experience at a Starbucks in Camp Hill, PA. I went in with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. We sat down, they drank some wierdly-named coffees and I had a cookie (I don't drink coffee). We talk about our cars, and my uncle asks me what kind of engine is in my truck. I tell him that it's the Vortec V6, and some guy turns around and says "If you were smart , you would have bought a Toyota instead of your crappy little GMC!" I tell him that it's none of his business what car I have, and that he needed to turn around. He then says "I bet your GMC has been into the repair shop, like what, 16 times already? My Tacoma's only been in 3 times so far." I say "is that right? Well, for your information, my crappy GMC has been in the shop Zero times so far. Only has had oil changes. But of course, my GMC is obviously inferior to your perfect little Tacoma, am I right?"

He gets up and walks out in a huff, and I continue to enjoy my cookie.

After reading this story and a few other GM vs. Toyota stories before leaving work, I had about a 20 minute drive home. Well, this guy in an Accord catches up to me (it's a rural road -- near 29 mile on Gratiot -- where the limit is 55.. I'm already going 59). He stayed on my ass, too. Well, I had this anger inside me toward him, a hatred and vendetta, and I couldn't understand why. He's just trying to drive down the road, but I was PISSED at him the whole ride. Then we got on I94 and he went to get over into the passing lane and I sped up to be ahead of him and he never got by (he wasn't like trying to get past me and I didn't cut him off). It was crazy.. I've never had a sense of hatred toward someone like that for no reason. As soon as I saw that H in the grille, though, it was all over. Blah.

We don't sell coffee

no, you sell swill.

I don't like Starbucks. Overpriced (and IMHO bad) coffee sold to Fauxboho's who are too scared to go into a real coffeehouse. I like Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's coffee better, but they get the same people there too- ostentationally taking up a table meant for four with their laptop in the fond hope that you'll think they are writing the next great American novel when in reality they're using the free WiFi to check out Defamer and playing solitaire. For three or four hours. Nursing one teeny little decaf Chai. No thanks.

:rolleyes:

hah you guys are hilarious . . .

you put down a mass producer of coffee while you drive a car from a company that not only mass produces but also mass assembles cars that go all over the world and has been that way for almost a century while starbucks has been around for only 50 yrs and 30 of which there was only one store in seattle

and fyi all you guys like TMP

sounds like you need to get laid . . . stop bitching the great thing about america is that if you have a complaint you can actually do something about it . . . take advantage of it and stop being a whiney little pain in the ass cmon . . . bark and no bite pleeeze?

ban me i dare ya for speaking my mind and being honest . . . but im stickin it to the people who think its rebelious to stick it to the man by complaining on car internet forums

Guest YellowJacket894

:lol:

I ripped the audio of Lock and Load to my iPod. Makes me laugh every time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know it. Leary's a funny bastard.

I would say "Bill Hicks" and "coffee" here, but I don't think he did a coffee joke.

there's nothing wrong with speaking your mind. Just make sure you say things nicely.

So, does this mean I can talk about carpet munchers? As long as I say it nicely? Great!

I guess it's their "edge" that I find to be such a trip...gay guys don't seem to have that same "edginess" so, except for the occasional flaming Richard Simmons type outburst like your elevator story, they are not that interesting in the sense that calls for analysis and scrutiny.

And, don't worry folks, I probably have one of the broadest spectrum of friends on here....national origin, age, gender, education, religion, sexual proclivities, everything...I might even have some munchers in my arsenal that have gone undetected. I still find them interesting. Like the ones at Starbucks who wished I was dead!

mute... if I lived near where you work, I'd stop in and get something and say hey.

Are you and BV going to be the co-presidents of the Mute Admiration Society of Pennsylvania (MASPA)? :lol: :AH-HA_wink:

D o n ' t  m a k e  m e  s p e l l  i t  o u t  f o r  y o u .

Are you baiting me?

Nope. I have no idea what your post was insinuating, but knowing you, I'll go out on a limb and guess that it 1) isn't all that witty and 2) is obnoxious and immature.

There are a lot of people that go to Starbucks and order a coffee on a daily basis. I am certainly not one of them.

I do love the type of stuff that I've had there, but I absolutely cannot allow myself to spend that much money on coffee. So, I only drink Starbucks coffee-like beverages as an occasional treat.

To me, Starbucks is an awful lot like an ice cream shop. For adults. They give you one serving and charge you an irrational amount of money for it.

I think he's playing on your Italian heritiage... By making up the most Italian name he can think of.

Someone making fun of Eye-talians? Hey, what are you, aaaantoine, living on Long Island and all? :lol: That place is caked with them from what I know. In fact, there is someone with my exact name living in Lake Ronkonkoma. Is that a good thing? It ain't the Hamptons, I know. Edited by trinacriabob

I might just so happen to be an Italian. I might also happen to be Sicilian. But I am certainly not a caucasian.

...wait. Yes I am.

Lake Ronkonkoma is out in Suffolk county. If this is any indication, I can tell you that out of the entire Island (including Queens and Brooklyn, and by association, NYC as a whole), the Suffolk county police officers have the easiest job and the highest pay.

I've never....I mean NEVER have seen SO many Starbucks as when I went to London.

They are all OVER the place and even in the grocery stores (Sainsburys, etc.) like they are over here. I mean there were more than Seattle or anywhere else I've been.

I asked a friend of mine who was from London what the deal was with that. He told me that people in GB are effing crazy about Starbucks....a very wierd ordeal.

I've never....I mean NEVER have seen SO many Starbucks as when I went to London.

They are all OVER the place and even in the grocery stores (Sainsburys, etc.) like they are over here.  I mean there were more than Seattle or anywhere else I've been.

I asked a friend of mine who was from London what the deal was with that.  He told me that people in GB are effing crazy about Starbucks....a very wierd ordeal.

O.C. and others, here's the litmus test:

Places that are constantly under gray skies or are cold like Starbucks (or Second Cup in Canada). Yep, they are everywhere in Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto and you say London.

A month ago, I was in Florida, and I didn't see THAT many. Fortunately. Yeah, right....it's 90 degrees with 85 percent humidity and I wan't to go get coffee. NOT! I need to move to Florida.

hah you mean the white mocha?

our drinks come with whole milk unless you specify

and one of those people that has the permanent rich face with the bottoms of the mouth spread out like there neck hurts them came in yesterday and i was like wow i didnt think people that rich actually had the face

and then i got 2 more chicks numbers and stopped worrying about it

p.s. i was pissed i was working yesterday cuz my friend came back from deutsheland and got a new puppy and something for me and i cant see her until tomorrow or the next day blah

Story time: Fact, not fiction.

Calgary, Alberta. My brother-in-law heads an advertising department in his company and wanted to get together to shoot the breeze and pick my brain for ideas. We decided to go to Starbucks as a sort-of treat, and for inspiration. (My idea, and you'll find out why)

He's quite familiar with the place, considering his profession. Strangely, he never put any thought into its customers, or some of their oddball behavior and opinions. We order up and find a seat.

Now, he's handing me pamphlets and prints, photos and slogans, asking me which one I liked and such. The pitch was for Volvo to have these pamphlets in their gloveboxes to promote their dealer service departments. I asked him what he knows about some of the people who buy Volvo's (based on the research done by the company). There's bound to be a few of them in Starbucks at that moment. He gives me some feedback, then I ask him what he thinks about his coffee. He says he likes it, then asks me about mine. I say loudly, "Eh. It's not bad, for fast-food coffee."

I got about ten people to turn their heads to me with expressions ranging from curiousity-to-disbelief-to-offended. I took a look around, then said to my brother-in-law, "Gauge their reactions to what you might find by printing that slogan you have there. Will it work, or hurt?"

My brother-in-law chose the slogan to present to the Volvo dealership that was the most plain, vanilla and non-offending in any way imaginable.

THAT's a Starbucks experience he took to the bank.

Edited by ShadowDog