New Owner- G6 Convertible

I just bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Hardtop Convertible.

I love it.

The styling is top notch, as are fit and finish.

The retractable hardtop works perfectly.

The 227 hp, 3.9 L has plenty of pickup and it's fun to drive.

All this for $32K MSRP.

Great job Pontiac!!!!

:)

Posted Image

Edited by walc

Holy crap. I think C&G members may be responsible for 3% of this month's retail sales!

Moved to Member's Rides Showcase for all to enjoy.

Welcome, Walc! Absolutely beautiful color combination, by the way - red on white riding on chrome. How is the trunk space with the top up/down? Is access easy? Be ready for countless questions! :)

Damn you Brian! I was posting just as you moved it and lost everything that I had typed. :banghead:

Congratulations on the new purchase. It certainly is a great vehicle and I'm sure you'll be the envy of most of your family and friends.

It's a very comfortable cruiser especially when it's hot and sunny out and you will, no doubt, get a lot of looks from other drivers when you have the top down.

One thing I need to warn you about. I got a chance to drive one a few weekends ago. When I tried to open the roof, it opened just barely and it sounded as though the motor was having problems. We all assumed it was a mechanical problem and were somewhat disappointed. Surprisingly, just a couple of hours later, it started working again. What happened was that just before it arrived, it was taken to the car wash. Water must have gotten down into the motor and temporarily disabled it. Though, after the water dried, it was working perfectly.

Now, it may have just been that one G6 but in case you have trouble opening it one day, just remember that it might've gotten water into it and you should wait an hour or so for it to dry.

Hopefully, you'll have no problems whatsoever.

Again, Congrats on the new car and welcome to Cheersandgears! Hope you stop by again soon!

Thanks, guys. :)

I'll keep you posted.

Flybrian, there really isn't any trunk space with the top down; but, the back seat area should be an adequate substitute.

The cockpit, on the other hand, has plenty of space, which was a priority for me.

Cadillacfan, I'll keep the tip in mind about the top, just after washing. So far, it works perfectly.

I'm 57 years old, so I've owned a lot of new vehicles and I really feel this one is a "winner". 8)

yes indeed, we have looked at 3 of these now, all were red and all had "sold" tags laying on the dash................

out of our price range.........too bad for us, otherwise I would not hesitate

seems GTO, G6 retractable and GP GXP all come in around $32,000, a hard choice but if styling wasnt so "old" on the GTO it would be hard not to go for the best performer. GTO should be agressive and edgy looking like the G6 coupe.

G6 coupe is the best looking, new, modern, non exotic (affordable), coupe on the market today........in my opinion..........that is..........ignoring the 350Z

Congrats !

Yesterday, I went on a 700 mile road trip, with my wife and sister in law, to pickup my niece, in Goldsboro, NC.

We had the top down and had a great time.

My sister in law is pretty large ( 200+ lbs ); but, she was very comfortable in the back seat.

The car performed great - acceleration, handling, gas mileage ( 22 mpg avg w/ a lot of 80 mph Interstate cruising ), XM radio.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice, good to hear your having a good experience with it. I'm torn, personally- if I needed a new Pontiac (and who doesn't, really?), I'd get either the G6 GTP coupe or vert- I like my trunk space, and I'm not that big a sun-worshipper, but I love the mechanical dance of that top, and I actually like the convertible's top-up styling better than the coupe.

More pics please, and enjoy!

Congrats! Motor Trend just had a heads up Mustang V-6 vert vs G6 vert article. Just that it rated the G6 motor at 201hp with a 1/4 mile time of 16.5. Did they offer the 201hp motor in the G6 verts or is this a typo?? Also, for your info, the rear trunk space with top down is 1.8 cubic feet :P