C&G Exclusive - 2007.5 Aveo Hatch Spy Shots!

Flybrian

Cheers and Gears Exclusive

2007.5 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

Cheers and Gears has paid for the rights to use these photos. Please link to the URL OF THIS TOPIC AND NOT HOTLINK OR REHOST THE IMAGES if you wish to share! Thank you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers and Gears has paid for the rights to use these photos. Please link to the URL OF THIS TOPIC AND NOT HOTLINK OR REHOST THE IMAGES if you wish to share! Thank you!

Earlier this year, we saw the much-appreciated update of Chevrolet’s subcompact Aveo sedan. Today, we’re proud to bring you a glimpse of the hatchback’s makeover, thanks in part to Photographer Chris Doane.

Slated for a 2007CY introduction as a 2007MY vehicle (hence our calling it a 2007.5), the next Aveo five-door will carryover the drivetrain with similar mileage improvements to the sedan and likely similar interior upgrades as well. The interior in this caught car is covered. What's hiding? We can't say for sure.

However, unlike the original Aveo pair, this hatchback will get styling enhancements all its own. Looking at the rear tells us that circles are the way of tomorrow at Chevrolet. A large, round housing holds the taillamp with the reverse lamp dominating the inset. That whole unit cuts into the bottom of an HHR-sized brakelamp above. Clearly, much for flash is intended for this car.

A glace up front shows a much larger, more aggressive Chevrolet bisected fascia similar to what we’ve seen in recent Malibu spy photographs. Foglamps are housed on either side of the big lower opening. Larger, bolder headlamps flank the equally large upper grille opening in what seems to be a ‘blugier’ hood. However, the most interesting feature is the two-slot side vent located above the repeater lamp on either side of the car. No, this is not a trick of your vision, as it is clearly seen in the enlargement. The placement abutting the front doorlines shows this is also not some engineer’s idea of fun but apparently a real production piece.

Could this be a performance trim, or a portent of one to come? We cannot say for sure, but the existence of what is still a rather upmarket and trendy styling trait shows GM’s stylists won’t be left behind. Pricing, by the way, will start at just under $10,000, again making Aveo a true value leader.

As for what comes after this, look towards 2010CY/11MY for the next-generation Aveo. Spawned off the future proposed GMDAT Gamma platform, the new Aveo is likely to be powered by 1.5l 3cyl Diesel engine, likely just overseas. Not much is known about this vehicle so far, but with the strong introduction of the first Aveo and sales skyrocketing along with gas prices, expect GM to take this market very, very seriously.

Cheers and Gears strives to bring you the latest spyshots and information while remaining member-supported with no annoying advertising. Like what you see? Consider donating to help C&G continue to give you the latest exclusive GM info on the 'net! Click below to contribute securely!

Posted Image

Does it have the new Aveo's interior? The carry-over doors are a bit worrysome.

191182[/snapback]

I'd guess a new or updated interior is in store since they're covering it up... And the carry-over doors are okay. This is just a refresh anyway, right? They said the redesign is slated for '10-11.

Cadillac! Buick! Chevrolet! Fender vents all around! :glare:

But the real question is, will there be an SS version, and will it include the LS7? :breakdance:

191233[/snapback]

Yeah, the LS7 requires more air than the 1.3L 3-cylinder diesel engine.. that's why it has a bigger grille and side "breather" vents. Duh.

Yeah, the LS7 requires more air than the 1.3L 3-cylinder diesel engine.. that's why it has a bigger grille and side "breather" vents. Duh.

191235[/snapback]

then will it be called blue devil?

But nice Catch Mr. Doane :P

I have an idea on what the back looks like. The car just needs closer to class leading fuel econmy. Cough* like the Geo Metro. 1.0L 56-68 mpg. although these aveos are pretty peppy for there class.

~125ft/lbs in could be fun if they promise to make new new Aveo ~200lbs lighter than the old.

Could you imagine the car w/ propane/nitrous injection and a good tune. You would have a 45+mpg daily driver that you could flip a switch on the weekends to have a 120hp/200ft-lb(just and guestimate) little terror...and not have to worry about damaging the engine. The Tans and Tires are another story...but I know I'd be in line to buy one.

I can't see the pictures, but having the 2008 Malibu/SS concept front end is a good thing, something I can't say about the ugly front end on the 2007 Aveo. 2011 can't come soon enough-this 1980's Opel-derived platform needs to die, I've wanted to see for years for Opel/Vauxhall Corsa and Chevy's subcompact (what turned out to be Aveo) to finally be on common basing like it was rumored around 1996-2000. Hopefully this will be much more attractive than the ugly and boring Yaris.

2010-2011 Is a helluva LONG time for this thing to go unchanged, ESPECIALLY if you consider that this is more of an enhancement than a redesign...

With the new Japan Inc. entries, and GM allowing the Aveo to wither, the market will boom and GM will have yet another nameplate with negative baggage that they'll have to phase out.

• 4 weeks later...