• Sign in to follow this  

    Report Says 2018 Buick Regal TourX Will Begin At $29,995


    • Good luck trying to find that base TourX

    Buick is hoping to give the likes the Subaru Outback, Audi A4 Allroad, and Volvo V60 Cross Country a run for their money with the Regal TourX goes on sale later this year. According to a new report from CarsDirect, the TourX could be undercutting some of the competition by a significant margin.

    The base 2018 Buick Regal TourX 1SV will begin at $29,995 with destination. The model will come equipped with 18-inch aluminum wheels, active noise cancellation, push-button start, heated side mirrors, a universal home remote, and more. Good luck trying to find a 1SV at your dealer. This is the model that dealers will use in ads to try and draw buyers in. Also, they will only have a small number of them in stock.

    What you're more likely to see at your Buick dealer is the TourX Preferred 1SB which adds an auto-dimming mirror, leather-wrapped steering wheel, power driver's seat with lumbar support, and more. The Preferred also gets a wider color palate than the 1SV. Pricing begins at $33,575.

    Topping the range will be the TourX Essence 1SL. This model comes with leather, 8-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility; and dual-zone climate control. The Essence will set you back $35,945.

    All Regal TourXs will come with a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 250 horsepower, eight-speed automatic, and all-wheel drive.

    Source: CarsDirect



      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback



    Recommended Comments

    Nice, I like these packages, while it would be nice to easily find the base model, I have to agree with the writeup that most will be mid or top end level.$35K is not bad for the Top of the line.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Pricing seems right, it is priced below Envision but it like a class above in terms of size.  I don't think it will sell much though just because wagons struggle.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Pricing seems right, it is priced below Envision but it like a class above in terms of size.  I don't think it will sell much though just because wagons struggle.

    Still nice to have choices though. I still like the Golf Alltrack better....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I would probably prefer the Envision over the Regal TourX if the former was not smaller than the XT5 or Equinox/Terrain.  Then again, if I wanted this model, I would simply go top of the line and keep it for several years.  I do hope that this model sells well, despite the fact that crossovers are nowadays the best sellers.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    Seems like Albert has taken a liking to the Sportback as much as I might want the TourX. Neither is a bad choice though.

    Ahh....the joys of car shopping with a significant other.  Now that she has the Beetle, my wife is very content with the idea of getting rid of the cooper in a couple of years when our daughter is out of high school and replacing it with a Miata.

    I will be interested to see how you and Albert evolve your fleet...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    Ahh....the joys of car shopping with a significant other.  Now that she has the Beetle, my wife is very content with the idea of getting rid of the cooper in a couple of years when our daughter is out of high school and replacing it with a Miata.

    I will be interested to see how you and Albert evolve your fleet...

    We're going to get one large crossover or SUV and one medium to large sedan.  I'm listing one of my rental properties for sale and nothing will happen until after that is gone.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    We're going to get one large crossover or SUV and one medium to large sedan.  I'm listing one of my rental properties for sale and nothing will happen until after that is gone.

    Sweet!  Keep us posted....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, aurora97 said:

    Let's see if its gets any traction.  The Dodge Magnum and the CTS Wagon were short-lived. 

    And both of those were great cars (save for the 2.7L Magnum which was a pile of dog s***). 

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    41 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    And both of those were great cars (save for the 2.7L Magnum which was a pile of dog s***). 

    The Buick has a better chance of surviving because China.

    It will continue for at least this generation in Europe as the Insignia too. 

    • Upvote 3

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    47 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    The Buick has a better chance of surviving because China.

    It will continue for at least this generation in Europe as the Insignia too. 

    I have no doubt about it succeeding overseas. The US, however, is another matter entirely. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    I can see it being a low volume niche model.

    If I were a betting man, I would bet that once this version of the Regal is done, production is moved to China. The 2018 Regal goes back to its European roots by being built in Rüsselsheim again... making the Regal more German than a BMW X5. 

    Envision has already shown that Americans don't care about a vehicle being assembled in China (and likewise, the Encore in Korea).  The Regal is one of Buick's best sellers in China so it would make sense, once the Opel link is severed, for the Chinese to build it and the US gets the excess production.  Buick sells more than 4 Regals in China for every 1 Regal sold in the US. 

    If I were Mary Barra, that's what I would do. 

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    If I were a betting man, I would bet that once this version of the Regal is done, production is moved to China. The 2018 Regal goes back to its European roots by being built in Rüsselsheim again... making the Regal more German than a BMW X5. 

    Envision has already shown that Americans don't care about a vehicle being assembled in China (and likewise, the Encore in Korea).  The Regal is one of Buick's best sellers in China so it would make sense, once the Opel link is severed, for the Chinese to build it and the US gets the excess production.  Buick sells more than 4 Regals in China for every 1 Regal sold in the US. 

    If I were Mary Barra, that's what I would do. 

    It would be rational.

    That being said, i would not buy a Chinese made Buick.

    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    25 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    It would be rational.

    That being said, i would not buy a Chinese made Buick.

    As long as North America continues to build my full size SUVs, I could care less about where everything else is produced. :P 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, dfelt said:

    As long as North America continues to build my full size SUVs, I could care less about where everything else is produced. :P 

    .hmmmm....I respectfully decline comment....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    .hmmmm....I respectfully decline comment....

    :roflmao: Come on Horse, I gave you a perfect opening to pummel me and make some sarcastic remark! :D 

    Like you I would love to have everything produced here in the US. But with a Global economy, that will never happen. So some lite humor and a focus on what can be done, buy as much US made product as possible to support my fellow citizen, then move onto best quality built products from around the world. :)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, dfelt said:

    :roflmao: Come on Horse, I gave you a perfect opening to pummel me and make some sarcastic remark! :D 

    Like you I would love to have everything produced here in the US. But with a Global economy, that will never happen. So some lite humor and a focus on what can be done, buy as much US made product as possible to support my fellow citizen, then move onto best quality built products from around the world. :)

    For me it is a human rights issue and not a globalism issue.

    Looking at planers for my woodworking shop right now, not sure I can find an American tool to do exactly what I want....trying to find one made in Taiwan rather than China if I buy new.

    Personally, I think we need to have a revitalization of American entrepreneurship...more than laws or import quotas...we need American innovation...

    ...and we need American laws to protect the intellectual property rights of American companies from being stolen by Chinese companies.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

    For me it is a human rights issue and not a globalism issue.

    Looking at planers for my woodworking shop right now, not sure I can find an American tool to do exactly what I want....trying to find one made in Taiwan rather than China if I buy new.

    Personally, I think we need to have a revitalization of American entrepreneurship...more than laws or import quotas...we need American innovation...

    ...and we need American laws to protect the intellectual property rights of American companies from being stolen by Chinese companies.

    I get your message and why I only buy Weathertech floor mats. 

    Weathertech web site

    This company which had plants in UK and China brought everything back to the US to make sure his neighbors and others that wanted American Made products had them plus making sure kids were not working and building them in China or the workers being abused. The whole story is on their web site, but when the partial owner bought the whole company and reviewed everything, I feel he did the right thing and now he has a growing company that those in the know respect and use.

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, dfelt said:

    I get your message and why I only buy Weathertech floor mats. 

    Weathertech web site

    This company which had plants in UK and China brought everything back to the US to make sure his neighbors and others that wanted American Made products had them plus making sure kids were not working and building them in China or the workers being abused. The whole story is on their web site, but when the partial owner bought the whole company and reviewed everything, I feel he did the right thing and now he has a growing company that those in the know respect and use.

    ....ohhh yeah....

    Like I said...I love it when American companies are really ethical and do the right thing!

    Plus they are killer mats...we have them in all of our vehicles at work....they are better quality than anything else made.

    Even if you were ISIS and just wanting to keep sand out of your Toyota truck before it got blown to paradise and back by the Kurds or the Iranians, Weather tech mats would be a stylish and long lasting (longer than the about to be obliterated Tacoma) choice.

    They would also insulate your knees better than those cheap Chinese copies when you pray five times a day in the hot desert sun...

    • Haha 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

      Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.