Create New...
    Drew Dowdell

Volkwagen Arteon Price Starts at $35,845*

... better late than never.

The Volkswagen Arteon is taking the scenic route to the US with a delayed launch brought on by some delays in getting its engine certified for the US.  The US version of the Arteon debuted at the Chicago Auto Show in 2018 and we recently reported that the Arteon would finally go on sale sometime in early summer.

Volkswagen has announced pricing for the U.S. model will start at $35,845 plus $995 destination charge for the base SE front-wheel-drive model and $37,645 for all-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is available on all trims, generally costing about $2,000 for the upgrade.

Arteon SE comes with heated 12-way power seats with faux leather, three-zone automatic climate control, rain sensing wipers, and an 8.0 inch diagonal infotainment screen including Android Auto and Apple Car Play. 18" alloy wheels and LED headlights are standard.

Arteon SEL starts at $39,995 for FWD and $41,795 for 4Motion AWD. It adds adaptive front lighting, panoramic sunroof, remote start, Napa leather seats, driver seat memory, ambient lighting, navigation, a 12.3 inch digital cockpit systems, and adaptive cruise control.

Arteon SEL Premium starts at $44,945 and features standard 4motion, heated steering wheel, paddle shifters, ventilated front seats, massaging driver’s seat, heated rear seats, brushed aluminum, tri-color ambient lighting, and a 700-watt premium audio system with 12 speakers.

The R-Line Package is available on any trim level and includes 19-inch alloy wheels for $1,265 or 20-inch alloy wheels for $1,765

Seems like a smaller car though

Like 185 inches to 191 I think, not that big a difference. I think one being an Audi and one a VW matters more.  Or a Stinger is about $5k less than the Arteon and the same size.

A bit ambitious on price.  It does not come in stripped version though.  And the Passat is so old and drab, even refreshed, you only want the Passat if you want a cheap car now.  The Arteon is way nicer and so that alone is worth asking the extra money for.  A bit flabby on the flanks, i am getting used to the look though.

Edited by regfootball

It's nice, I like it, but I don't understand the point of the Passat with this?

I like as it was said earlier, the base isn't stripped clean of features.  I'm surprised there's no mention of safety features such as blind spot monitoring or lane departure warning.

43 minutes ago, Paolino said:

Having viewed various videos of these systems, I find it very hard to believe people would actually ask for them.

3 hours ago, Paolino said:

It's nice, I like it, but I don't understand the point of the Passat with this?

This is the car above the Passat.  Not in size, but in amenities.

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

I used blind spot monitoring a lot in the Escalade Rental I just had. Absolutely needed... I lost an entire 4Runner in the blind spot of that thing.

My target was actually lane departure warning. If you find this beneficial, you should not be behind the wheel.

I like Lane assist where is actually nudges you back in line.

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

Being that I live in an area with frequent traffic it's nice to just look at a little light on your side mirror to know you can't merge that second, than to constantly flip your head to check the blind spot only to find out you can't do anything.  It keeps your eyes facing forward and as someone who occasionally wakes up with a stiff neck, it's a pleasure.

Well, perhaps the warning might make it obvious for someone to think they should stop being behind the wheel.  But face it, the people who shouldn't be behind the wheel, are often behind the wheel, so things like this could help them drive safer.

5 hours ago, Paolino said:

The couple systems I watched videos on with lane departure warning, the systems read the reflectors in the roadway ahead and beeped at you if you crossed that line. They weren't demonstrating approaching traffic from the rear, only car positioning looking forward.

• google-news-icon.png

• google-news-icon.png

Cheers and Gears Logo

Since 2001 we've brought you real content and honest opinions, not AI-generated stuff with no feeling or opinions influenced by the manufacturers.

Please consider subscribing. Subscriptions can be as little as $1.75 a month, and a paid subscription drops most ads.*

You can view subscription options here.

*a very limited number of ads contain special coupon deals for our members and will show

• Community Hive Community Hive

Community Hive allows you to follow your favorite communities all in one place.

Follow on Community Hive

• Yeah, it doesn’t pass the sniff test at all. No vehicle, not even a full size SUV, takes even 10 minutes to fill up much less 22. That doesn’t even qualify as making sense to believe it takes 22 minutes to fill up ANY vehicle that only has four tires on it.
    • I've literally timed myself AND posted it here at one time. I don't know if your PNW nozzles are the size of a drinking straw, but it never takes more than 5 minutes at a pump.  You have lost your mind if you think you'll convince any human that you've stood at a pump for TWENTY-TWO MINUTES just filling up an Escalade. There a 100% chance you're lying if you're saying it took you 22 minutes to fill-up an Escalade from E every time.  Damn. 14 minutes. That's a good 9-10 minutes longer than it would take to fill-up most anything with a gasoline engine.  @Drew Dowdell, your Avalanche probably has the same or very similar size gas tank of an Escalade, right? Do you stand there for 20 minutes or more regularly?
    • FUD - Unless your driving a subcompact, 5 minute fueling is not true. Compacts to Midsize to Full size can take from 8 to 22 minutes to fuel. If the filters of the gas station are dirty, it can take longer. Yes I realize not everyone drives an Escalade ESV, but that is 22 minutes of standing and fueling at Costco, longer at other stations it seem to be. Yes, I spent a few minutes waiting, but over all I got all my shopping done, so a few minutes was no different than at a gas station. I charged this morning for the wife, was 52 degrees outside and the 350kW Electrify America charger did the 80% charge from 14% in 15 minutes and then I left to go get the grandkids and drop them off at school, so the 10 to 80% charge is fast as my Escalade.
    • You just said you still had to wait a few minutes after you were done shopping. That few minutes is all it takes to go from E -> F in an internal combustion vehicle. Until you're charging at home, overnight, there is no real savings or convenience involved. Once your free trial period of public charging has expired, it costs about the same to charge publicly at those fast chargers.  At home charging is really the only way to save money and time with an EV, when it comes to fuel costs.

• There are no registered users currently online

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings