Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sketch Competition #7 - NG Buick LaCrosse

Welcome to Sketch Competition #7!

General Motors' Buick division stunned us in early 2000 when it showcased the LaCrosse concept car. Named for the athletic sport and its ability to cross the boundaries between sedan and utility, the stunning deep crimson concept left us eyes agap at Buick elegance reborn - a large chromed grille, elegant lines, full-width taillamps, ventiports, and a sweapspear.

Buick stunned us again in 2004 with the production LaCrosse. Arguably an all-together competant automobile, it also featured a chromed grille and respectably elegant lines, but many feel much was lost in the translation. Perhaps it was Buick's faux pas to name the car after the concept that shared only that monkier.

The current LaCrosse will be succeeded by an Epsilon II-based midsize vehicle. Your job is to create a production car that can help Buick recapture its essence and lead it into the second decade of the 21st century

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to sketch the next-generation Buick LaCrosse. Your sketch should include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:

-3/4 Front View

-3/4 Rear View

-Interior View

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above.

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a midsized Buick-branded vehicle. The current LaCrosse is a sedan, so its successor will include one as well, but don't feel limited to just envisioning a sedan. Many other bodystyles could easily compliment a LaCrosse sedan. Of all nameplates in existance, Buick easily has the richest history of design. You may look to the recent or distant past for inspiration or chart new waters ahead, its up to you.

The winner will recieve a Buick-related prize!

Deadline is Wednesday, August 2nd @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

OK , THIS is a great contest concept !!!!

So, just for starters...; a new look on the Buick grille

and an actual buick show car (read NG LaCrosse)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish this pix was bigger for you all to see as this IS the next LaCrosse

SO ............PLEASE,

NO OVAL ASS GRILLES HERE, BECUZ THAT A BUICK DOES NOT MAKE!!!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Guest YellowJacket894

MDM: The concept car you have pictured is not a representation of the next LaCrosse. It's the Cielo concept car from 1999 (or was it 2000?). While it may be a nice car, it's not the car if you catch my drift.

Not it probably is the old LaCrosse concept. but very dated as to Buick styling cues. If you like it though no reason you can't base your idea for a NG LaCrosse on it, it just isn't GM's idea.

166946[/snapback]

nope thats the cielo that he posted... the lacrosse looked liked this:

Posted Image

um... i might do sumthin... probably later tonight... dunno yet... im really busy this summer

a little old school... a little new school... and even a few cues from the 2000 lacrosse concept... all together to make this... it was a bit rushed so its not my best... but im once again leaving and wont have much access to a computer...

EDIT: an improved version of my car... complete with ugly rear end delete

Posted Image

Edited by 04monteintimidator

Guest YellowJacket894

Posted Image

Buick Allure.

(This is only a hint at the finished product. There will be one more entry from me besides the finished version of this. Keep watch for future progress.)

Edited by YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, that particular design was meant to emulate the square look of the GN/X. And the redeveloped one still will.

The other design, however, will be more Velite-like.

Like I said, that's only a preview of the finished car.

Hi. I'm new here, been reading for a little while. Have been thinking about participating in these sketch competitions. Even drew one for the Cadillac coupe competition. Anyway I'm so disappointed by the ho-hum current LaCrosse that I decided to go ahead and draw one. Might try more later.

EDIT: Fixed it, works now.

EDIT2: Removed it, posted an updated one below.

Edited by Zulehan

Posted Image

Okay that's a little better. Still kinda new to the photoshop thing. Sooner or later I'll figure out what format I'll wanna use in the future, ink or photoshop. I'll spare you guys the ink one this time.

Guest YellowJacket894

I'd like to announce that I've decided to withdraw from this contest. I'm pretty busy with some other stuff right now.

Good luck to everyone who's sticking in here, though. :thumbsup:

I'd like to announce that I've decided to withdraw from this contest. I'm pretty busy with some other stuff right now.

Good luck to everyone who's sticking in here, though. :thumbsup:

171757[/snapback]

I'm busy with other stuff, too, but I still found time to do it. Douchebag. haha Just kidding :P

You keep with your "other stuff" though. Maybe next time..

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm busy with other stuff, too, but I still found time to do it. Douchebag. haha Just kidding :P

:D

I don't think I'm great at drawing Buicks anyway. Drawing a waterfall grille isn't one of my favorite things to do.

You keep with your "other stuff" though. Maybe next time..

171759[/snapback]

Maybe the next one won't involve Buick. :D

Guest YellowJacket894

A_R_2005: The rear of Grand National looks like an El Camino.

But, otherwise, both of them look great. :thumbsup:

Those last few are really cool, but I don't know if they're very Buick. More like Cadillac--boxy, edgy, sharp and wedgy. Buicks are curvacious, flowing lines and clean trim. Crisp, but not sharp. I know the Grand National from the 80's wasn't, but nothing was close to curvy in the 80's except maybe some Fords, and they were radical "jelly beans" at the time.

Then again I'm new. I do like them, regardless. Great work here.