Why Lock A Topic Because Doane Asks For It?

Guest Josh

I am here, asking the moderation team why they locked a topic because 1 member, Chris Doane asked for it to be locked?

What is the problem with letting the debate (which it was, with no personal attacks) go on?

Is it because the C&G staff cater to certain people? Is it because the C&G staff lack the.........fortitude to stand up to those that they see as "almeighty" in the "WWW" (no...not WW3).

I guess I just dont get why that was locked? Maybe because Fly made a quick hundred bucks off of AutoBlog to "invest" in C&G? Or......possibly the potential for ads to come into the site, which was what was the "wave of the future" to me?

At anyrate.....When Chris wants to make some cash. Well........he can.....

Guest Joshiepoo

I am just wanting to ask to know why that thread couldn't be left open for an open debate out in the open. If the mods dont want to.....let people debate openly out in the open they're.....Nazis.

They only did it because......Doane told them to and he pays the bills by getting the bills paid.

Oh Joshiepoo are you mad that I'm over your cute little drunk ass?

No, he's mad you gave him the world record for most VDs contracted during a sexual encounter. He doesn't just have one bug up his ass now, he has several.

Edited by wpbharriet

Guest Joshiepoo

I does not have any....VDs but I do have a brand new website that is going to rock the worlds of GM fans...www.themgsource.com you should comes over and check it out.

C&G is selling out to autobog and Doane while keeping the real captains of the automotive industry such as people like myself, Jim "Buickman" Dollinger and Kid Rock.

I am just wanting to ask to know why that thread couldn't be left open for an open debate out in the open.  If the mods dont want to.....let people debate openly out in the open they're.....Nazis.

They only did it because......Doane told them to and he pays the bills by getting the bills paid.

169837[/snapback]

there wasn't any debate happening....it was turning into a slug fest...

to be honest, I would have locked it earlier.

Considering the circular arguments going on and the fact that it was turning from a debate into an argument, I am not surprised it got locked.

I've recommended this site to a lot of my friends and coworkers as a place to intelligently discuss the automotive industry. With the attacks and confrontational attitude that a member showed in that thread it gets hard to convince people that intelligent discussion DOES go on here.

We can have our fun and games but reading constant bickering gets old quick.

I am here, asking the moderation team why they locked a topic because 1 member, Chris Doane asked for it to be locked?

There have been dozens of past instances in which the originator of a topic has asked for it to be locked. In the majority of cases, if appropriate, it is.

What is the problem with letting the debate (which it was, with no personal attacks) go on?

I'm not sure exactly how much of the topic you really read, but its clear you didn't read many of the later posts where personal attacks ran rampant on either side of the debate along with veiled threats to call the police, etc. The discussion had run its course with both sides being presented. There was nowhere else for it to go but around again.

Is it because the C&G staff cater to certain people?

Yes. We do. We cater to a select group of approximately 2200 registered members who have invested their time, efforts, and in some cases money to this site. We have an obligation to our membership to do what is best for our members. Letting a topic degrade into a tennis match of attacks and conjecture is not in anyone's interest.

Is it because the C&G staff lack the.........fortitude to stand up to those that they see as "almeighty" in the "WWW" (no...not WW3).

I guess I just dont get why that was locked? Maybe because Fly made a quick hundred bucks off of AutoBlog to "invest" in C&G? Or......possibly the potential for ads to come into the site, which was what was the "wave of the future" to me?

And here we ago again with your typical Josh accusations and ego trip. I don't understand what your beef is against me personally this time, nor do I really care to figure it out. If you're so unhappy with the state of affairs on this site, you aren't compelled to remain here. Also, I think its below your position as an administrator on TheGMSource to continue making unfounded accusations against myself, other staff members, and C&G as a whole on the C&G site and elsewhere. It doesn't reflect well since you do represent GMS and Halgren's interests.

At anyrate.....When Chris wants to make some cash. Well........he can.....

169832[/snapback]

You'd have to discuss Chris Doane's financial situation with Chris Doane.

Josh, all you have done is alienate yourself from the rest of the website by constantly complaining that everyone is against you. If that "knowitall" person turns out to be you, you truly have too much time on your hands.

You want to talk about slander? (the word you used in the aformentioned thread to describe Chris's actions...and turns out to be the wrong word to use in referring to print and photos.. that's libel) what about you saying that Fly is selling out to Autoblog? That sounds like an accusation without any evidence whatsover. Sounds like you need to pay attention to your own words from now on.

I think it's time to leave. You clearly aren't happy here.. and in the process, you're pissing almost everybody off.

Edited by Cadillacfan

You want to talk about slander? (the word you used in the aformentioned thread to describe Chris's actions...and turns out to be the wrong word to use in referring to print and photos.. that's libel) 

Id also like to point out I've done niether. :)

Slander and libel involve pubishing or saying *false* statements that are harmful to someone. As it is, none of my statements are false.

(You know....I'm really starting to see why AH-HA decided to stop being active in the forums. Why bother with this kind of stuff?)

Edited by CD/BP

You know....I'm really starting to see why AH-HA decided to stop being active in the forums. Why bother with this kind of stuff?)

169918[/snapback]

He has a lot of fans who miss him. I see he still reads here and posts about once per month at GMI.

169832[/snapback]

Yep, no personal attacks :rolleyes:

You meen the video tape you made after you pissed this guy off? I can tell just from your posting you a real ****!! Well let's see the tapes!! You chasing the guy around swerving at him with a video camera in your hand!! You mean to tell me you just happened to stumble over him and this truck in a parking lot? Or did you leave out the fact you've been stalking him since the begining of the day?

169561[/snapback]

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh Josh... just leave already. You're more paranoid than any of us make you to be. Quite sad. You've done more wrong than good and once you have graced C&G with your departure from this site... things can only improve.

170027[/snapback]

:withstupid:

(I'd post more, but...you know.)

Slander and libel involve pubishing or saying *false* statements that are harmful to someone.

*raises eyebrows very cautiously*

Hmmm....I know a car company that has done this ... quite often, in fact, in the last 20 years or so......

*rolls eyes*

On topic, I've no idea what thread to which this thread refers, but my goodness. Once again, apparently, there are personal attacks ... and companies continue to get away with murder.

Ah, well.

Irony rocks ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

"What did I do?" ... Ty Herndon ... 'What Mattered Most'

Josh: Not as a friend, but in a business point-of-view, I ask you to leave C&G. This is true for all business. If you were to, say, work at PetSmart for 2 years as head manager and suddenly got on offer for same position at Petco and decided to take the Petco offer, your opinions wouldn't be welcome at PetSmart on how to run the store. Now you've created a new website for yourself yet you linger on C&G to say what's right and wrong. Please, Josh, as a businessman (not that I am, but you know what I mean), non-reflective of our friendship, I ask you to leave this site.

I just ask it as a fellow member (not admin or mod, MEMBER!) who has been tired of your schtick and knows that many other member feel the same way. sNOSage's post is probably more effective, mine is more reflective of the common member of C&G.

Josh: Not as a friend, but in a business point-of-view, I ask you to leave C&G. This is true for all business. If you were to, say, work at PetSmart for 2 years as head manager and suddenly got on offer for same position at Petco and decided to take the Petco offer, your opinions wouldn't be welcome at PetSmart on how to run the store. Now you've created a new website for yourself yet you linger on C&G to say what's right and wrong. Please, Josh, as a businessman (not that I am, but you know what I mean), non-reflective of our friendship, I ask you to leave this site.

170455[/snapback]

seconded

• 2 weeks later...

I would, but my Hater Blockers are on and the Frusion is on the other side. I have no clue what a Breakheater is but that also gets in the way of my Frusion.

Plus, I just ate a donut from Krispy Kreme, so I'm going to be vomiting for the next 45 minutes.