Greatest Billboard Ever

If you've been eastbound on the Cross Bronx Expressway, you may have seen this written on a billboard:

Dear Steven,

I hope I have your attention.

I know all about her, you dirty, sneaky, immoral, unfaithful, poorly-endowed slimeball. Everything's caught on tape.

Your (soon to be ex-) wife,

Emily.

PS: I paid for this billboard with OUR joint bank account.

As soon as I noticed that no brands, products, or services were mentioned on the billboard anywhere, I was awe-struck. But really, I have nothing else to add. This just speaks for itself. :lol:

Also, scroll to the last part of this article... I had a feeling it'd make news. I'm also corrected on the exact wording of the letter here.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Lifestyle/2006/07...698240-sun.html

Edited by aaaantoine

Well, it's still funny, even though my name is Steven.

Why wouldn't it be... unless you thought it was directed at you?

I'm not married, or going steady, so I would just find it to be a bit strange!!

You do know that it's NOT a personal ad, right? They have been found all over the place. It is an ad (or teaser ad, more to the point) for a product.

170492[/snapback]

Ah so someone did this with the intent to advertise. But WHAT? A divorce lawyer? Or new feature, "prevent the misses from touching the Joint bank account, new from CitiBank?"

Or is it an ad for a hidden camera?

If it's really a corporate ad, it's lost all its edge.

If you've been eastbound on the Cross Bronx Expressway,

170411[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, aaaantoine, every damn day. :AH-HA_wink:

I've been on it a few times from my uncle's in Teaneck to catch a plane at JFK. I couldn't believe that there were stripped vehicles on the side of the road. You really never see that out West, even in freeways through crummy parts of LA, so that was an eye-opener.

At which exit is the billboard located, BTW? Jerome Ave? That b!tch must have been really angry. I wonder how much she WEIGHS that he's looking elsewhere? I'm surprised Jerry Springer hasn't gotten a hold of this.

I'm very curious as to what the heck the ads are teasers to...

I mean it's a pretty unorthodox way to try to market anything

short of a dirty website or condoms... :P

Ah so someone did this with the intent to advertise.  But WHAT? A divorce lawyer?  Or new feature, "prevent the misses from touching the Joint bank account, new from CitiBank?"

Or is it an ad for a hidden camera?

If it's really a corporate ad, it's lost all its edge.

170561[/snapback]

I think maybe from the sound of it, it may be hinting at a movie or TV show or some other sort of production. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was.

It's a commercial billboard??!?!?!

Crap.. I saw one on Broadway just north of Times Square ... and though it was hilarious .. just simple white background and black letters .....

If it is a commercial ad I will be pissed before calming down and maybe admitting that it was a genius idea.

Igor