Spied: 2008 Nissan Armada

Variance

Spied: 2008 Nissan Armada

Posted Image

For 2007, Nissan already announced a power increase and optional flex fuel capability for the 5.6-liter V8 so we don't expect any big changes under the hood. We did, however, manage to get an interior shot which shows several upgrades to the cabin. The center stack is all-new with an integrated navigation screen and some switchgear borrowed from Infiniti. The climate and radio controls have swapped spots and the vents have been moved up a little. Twin analog dials now dominate the gauge cluster in place of the current model's setup which gives you a big central speedo with the rest of auxiliary gauges sprinkled on each side. It appears as though the quality of the materials have been bumped up a notch as well.

Read "Spy photos: 2008 Nissan Armada" @ Edmunds Straighline

The interior is now 'acceptable', though that three-spoke blows in a capital fashion and the exterior is still ugly as sin.

I will actually accept the rear door handle the way it is on the Armada since its an offshoot of the Pathfinder (remember Pathfinder Armada?), but not on the QX56.

I have a felling the 2007 Armadas (and maybe Titans) are going to be abbreviated model years and the 2008 Titans and Armadas will be released soon after the year 2007 rolls around (much in the same way as the 2004 MY Altima was a shorter run to make way for the refreshed 2005 MY Altima).

I will actually accept the rear door handle the way it is on the Armada since its an offshoot of the Pathfinder (remember Pathfinder Armada?), but not on the QX56.

172306[/snapback]

I completely agree with you there... :thumbsup:

This, and the Titan, have sold way below expectations, some fault has been given to the strange styling that some love, others hate.

You know, it occurs to me that I've seen perhaps two of these things on the road in the, what, 2 or 3 years they've been on the market?

172368[/snapback]