Chery B21

pow

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"AVL of Graz, Austria, which designs and tests engines for automakers including Mercedes, is designing engines for Bricklin -- a 290-horsepower 3.6-liter V-6, and a 4.8-liter 400-horsepower V-8. Chery will assemble the AVL engines in Wuhu."

"Bricklin would not identify the transmission and all-wheel-drive makers but said the companies are well-established."

"Bertone designed sports sedan with V6 engine, 6-speed transmission and all wheel drive to compete witih BMW 330i, Audi A4, Mercedes Benz C320 and Volvo S60 ($32,000 comparably equipped); our anticipated MSRP $19,000."

Ummm... no. :alcoholic:

Made in Wuhu?

"Woohoo... I got a car with a 400 horsepower V8 for $19,000 because I am a totally cheap bastard who is feeding a red communist machine. Not that I care that I am supporting a regime which pays workers pennies a day to manufacture vehicles that are subpar in quality and could possibly be dangerous to my health but I can still beat your sorry straight six BMW driving ass..." :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. I was just commenting on the split headlamp cluster, which is something done already on the Aveo except its solid amber, not 'cleared.' Also, note the horizontal chrome bar in the grille of the Chery. See how the line would extent to bisect the headlamps? Gee, what car company did something similar to their midsize entry and got mocked like Sissy Spacek on prom night because of it?

No.  But I could see Walmart having an outdoor area, like they do for their lawn/garden stuff, with cars in it.

174865[/snapback]

I remember Costco trying to do something like that, getting into the dealership business which would be for its members. Dealers complained and Costco has an alternate way of selling cars through partner dealerships.

I doubt Wal Mart would have much luck either, especailly with their juggernaut status.

If someone told me they bought their car from Wal Mart, I would burst out laughing in their faces, follow them after they get annoyed/upset/humiliated and keep laughing, follow them to work pointing and laughing, follow them to the Wal Mart laughing as they do their shopping, and follow them home laughing until they shut their door. Then I'd just camp out in their yard laughing.

I'll stop when I get hiccups... or a court ordered restraining order... whichever comes first.

Yeah... this does look like something Wal*Mart would sell.