I Love The 80s...

Guest YellowJacket894

So whats your point yellowjacket ? The japs had anything better ? the cars were not the latest technology ? Do you have any idea ? Didnt think so ! The S10 was not an embarassment. These vehicals did not rust out any faster than was typical for the times. These add are not any different from what was typical for the times.

Guest YellowJacket894

So whats your point yellowjacket ? The japs had anything better ? the cars were not the latest technology ? Do you have any idea ? Didnt think so ! The S10 was not an embarassment. These vehicals did not rust out any faster than was typical for the times. These add are not any different from what was typical for the times.

188387[/snapback]

Dude, get off the Douchebag Train. <_<

I own an S-10. I drive an S-10. The truck is not an embarassment. However, an ad with a photo of an S-10 being driven by some guy in a ten-gallon hat is embarassing for me because I own one. I don't...ah, f@#k. What's the point?

20 years down the road "That thing got a Hemi?" is going to be mocked and vilified. Or at least it had better. I cant think of a GM ad worse than Dodge's campain. You can argue that the Catera ads for "The Caddy that Zigs" were as bad, but those at least had a hot chick.

Guest YellowJacket894

Very true, Sat-Man, about the Catera ads.

The worst ad out of those, though, has to be the one for the Chevette. C'mon. Just look at it again and tell me that it's not wierd...at least.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Dude, get off the Douchebag Train.  <_<

188515[/snapback]

Whats the matter, not room for the two of us.......................If you werent always riding it I might not have asked the "hard" questions you seem to have a problem answering.................wait............I see..............you have an S10 dress code............oh, makes perfect sence now............. :yes:

Guest YellowJacket894

Whats the matter, not room for the two  of us? If you werent always riding it I might not have asked the "hard" questions you seem to have a problem answering. wait...I see...you have an S10 dress code...oh, makes perfect sence now. :yes:

188567[/snapback]

yea. I noticed. :lol:

Buddy, you're starting to piss me off. :angry:

I don't have an "S-10 dress code." But I know for certain not all S-10 owners live on a f@#king farm and wear cowboy hats. I personally would like to avoid the ranch hand/redneck/white trash stigma that some truck owners usually get.

Get it asshole? Don't start a pissing match with me.

Awsome... time warp. :P

I don't have an "S-10 dress code." But I know for certain not all S-10 owners live on a f@#king farm and wear cowboy hats. I personally would like to avoid the ranch hand/redneck/white trash stigma that some truck owners usually get.

188650[/snapback]

:hissyfit: I guess the guy should be dressed up in a three piece ? I never noticed any stereo type surrounding pickups, but hey, its your story and apparently you believe there is one.

*grins*

I love memorabilia like this. I don't exactly like some of the ads, but it is cool to see 'em ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Just another regret" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Dirty Little Secret'

You no what? I dont care what you think i was just stating my opinion.

And my new Sterotype is that all Jaguar fans are Assholes!  :AH-HA_wink:

188941[/snapback]

Name calling, some pretty inflamatory &#036;h&#33; for simply being asked whats your point. Which is never very clear, is this a trait of "S10" owners ?

Any G-body ads? You have a b-body ad there the Two door door Caprice. That is the best car there. I have a really nice 1980 Eldorado AD but I dont have a scanner. As a matter of fact I have lots of ads like that. The best place to get them cheap or free is if you find a bunch of old National Geographics there is always lots in there.

188650[/snapback]

*Agrees*

188941[/snapback]

*Still Agrees*

Let's just cut the crap right now and agree a cowboy driving an S-10 looks ever so slightly rediculous. Cowboys belong in Silverados, not S-10s.

189032[/snapback]

*Agrees once again*

Razor, stfu for once. For someone of your age, you're quite immature and simply an asshole. :D

Guest YellowJacket894

BV, technically you've agreed with Razor in that second quote.

Razor: it's spelled "know." Get a few basic words right or use Word to check your spelling. Your posts are atrocious, a grammar teacher's worst f@#king nightmare.

Name calling, some pretty inflamatory &#036;h&#33; for simply being asked whats your point. Which is never very clear, is this a trait of "S10" owners ?

Good to see you've made a friend of yourself and can carry on a conversation. From what I see, you're going to need that little trick to keep from turning into a problem drinker.

These ads are from the early 80-s, The Heartbeat of America tag line came out around 1987.

189316[/snapback]

87? I thought it was earlier, but you learn somthing new everyday.

Razor: it's spelled "know." Get a few basic words right or use Word to check your spelling. Your posts are atrocious, a grammar teacher's worst f@#king nightmare.

Good to see you've made a friend of yourself and can carry on a conversation. From what I see, you're going to need that little trick to keep from turning into a problem drinker.

189282[/snapback]

OK smartstuff, let me show you something funny...........heres a quote from you

Now you want to give me a spellin' lesson ? With how much I write and contribute around here, compared to how much you write and contribute, Id say my average is pretty damn good by comparison. I really dont care if I make mistakes, I fix many as it is. I also dont give a damn if I use "proper" grammer or construction.............I hated 7th and 8th grade English............big time. Twas all irrelevant to me. I figure if someone cant understand what I write or how I speak, they are not worthy of conversation in the first place.

So once again smartstuff, how did my asking you "whats your point" lead to all this name calling and inflamitory bull&#036;h&#33; ? I really didnt understand the purpose of your statement after posting the adds..............not really........you are rather obvious...........but I figured Id ask, just incase there was actually something to it........but...........NO, nothing.

Im gonna go do some :pbjtime: now, maybe then we'll be on the same "level" ?

8)

Guest YellowJacket894
OK smartstuff, let me show you something funny...........heres a quote from you

Hey, know it all, look at the username. Says "498" at the end. It's not me. It's not a psudeonym. It's not a bull&#036;h&#33; or backup account.

Now you want to give me a spellin' lesson?

Yes, I still do.

With how much I write and contribute around here, compared to how much you write and contribute, I'd say my average is pretty damn good by comparison.

I have about 500 more posts than you do. And 95.5 percent of my grammar is correct. I can guarantee it.

I really dont care if I make mistakes, I fix many as it is. I also dont give a damn if I use "proper" grammer or construction. I hated 7th and 8th grade English, big time. T'was all irrelevant to me. I figure if someone can't understand what I write or how I speak, they are not worthy of conversation in the first place.

Wrong pal. Clarity in writing goes a long way to get a point across. Using a whole fam-damn-ily of periods makes your writing ugly and uninteresting.

So once again smart-stuff, how did my asking you "whats your point" lead to all this name calling and inflamitory bull&#036;h&#33;?

Because your post made it sound like I was making another installment of the GM DeathWatch or a new Buickman-Wagoner-Hate Thread.

I really didnt understand the purpose of your statement after posting the adds. Not really. You are rather obvious. But I figured I'd ask, just in case there was actually something to it. But. . .NO, nothing.

You could've left the thread and not responded. Who made you, anyway? No one, that's who. But you insisted. You made a dip&#036;h&#33;ted reply.

I'm gonna go do some  :pbjtime: now, maybe then we'll be on the same "level" ?

8)

Figlio di puttana, sai che tu sei un pezzo di merda?

But you insisted. You made a dip&#036;h&#33;ted reply.

Very, very interesting..........................he wants to ride that train alone. Yee haw !

:pbjtime: ........................................................................................................ you so special !

Edited by razoredge

Guest YellowJacket894

Very, very interesting. He wants to ride that train alone. Yee haw !

:pbjtime:  You so special !

Oh! How lame.

If you've got something better to say, come right on back. Wouldn't matter. I'd still send you off wordless.

If I'm thinking of the right word, I think it's merde in French ;]

What a dirty mouth. Clean it up with Orbitz gum! :P

Good association. :D

Harley thats my Monte in your signature there, all black though and no sun roof. I have that ad too.

189090[/snapback]

I sometimes think this car and others are underappreciated...beautiful lines on the Monte. There's almost a fashionable disdain for '70s cars for some reason.

Edited by HarleyEarl

Send me off wordless ? Is there something going on here only you are aware of ? Im just sitting here watching your behavior and then see you telling me not to behave like you are, its just all so confusing, we are exactly at the first question "so what is your point?"

no it isnt, yes it is, no it isnt, yes it is, no it isnt, yes it is, no it isnt, yes it is..................

Guest YellowJacket894

How about we just drop the whole damn thing and delete as many posts as we can relating to the arguement?

Sound like a fair way to stop the bull&#036;h&#33;?

I'll even delete the comment in the first post.

I sometimes think this car and others are underappreciated...beautiful lines on the Monte.

AMEN!

And, HE, I noticed that signature a day or 2 ago ... sorry I didn't mention anything to you sooner, but I LOVE that pic of that '73 MC :).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You might miss what you left behind" ... Dierks Bentley ... 'Slow Down'

I sometimes think this car and others are underappreciated...beautiful lines on the Monte.  There's almost a fashionable disdain for '70s cars for some reason.

189419[/snapback]

You are right about 70's cars. I cant take that car anywhere without getting a complement on it so I dont understand what the big deal is about 73 and later cars, I like them. Mines got a 454 so it moves out real well too. I will try to post a pic in the members garage section keep an eye out for it.