First shipment of all-new Chevy Lumina & Caprice

douglask

Posted Image

GM Holden has dispatched its first shipment of all-new generation export versions of Commodore, Statesman and Caprice from Adelaide's AAT Port to its largest export market, the Middle East.

The 500 cars, prepared as the Chevrolet Lumina and Chevrolet Caprice, are destined for ports throughout the Middle East where they will be distributed into the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

The shipment represents an exciting new chapter in what has been Australia's longest and largest automotive export program.

GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director, Denny Mooney, said exports were a key part in Holden ensuring its South Australian vehicle operations continued to run at full capacity.

Mr Mooney said the Middle East market had grown into Holden's largest destination of vehicles, with more than 30,000 shipped there last year.

He said the Chevrolet versions of Statesman and Caprice had become major sellers, enabling Holden to invest $190 million in the development of the WM series to extend its place in the domestic and export markets.

"The long wheelbase Holdens are now our biggest seller overseas which has allowed us to take these all-new cars to a whole new level," Mr. Mooney said.

Full article and more pictures:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/20/jealous...-exports-begin/

Wow... for the first time in my life I want to move to the Middle East!

Posted Image

If THIS is a Lumina I take back all those horrible, bad things I ever said

about Luminas. This car by ANY name needs to end up in my garage!

Rice-a-Roni  :o

Mainly the front bumper and spoiler that make it look that way. The hole in the fender doesn't help either.

197704[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's the kind of thing some Pontiac fans like, though.. it would look better without the front air dam and rear wing, though, IMHO...