Why would you buy a _____...?

Flybrian

For $37,000, would you buy a loaded Pilot, a base RX330, or a...

Posted Image

2006 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD - Navigation and 3rd row, 3300 miles

For $30,000, would you buy a Honda Accord V6, Acura TSX, or a...

Posted Image

2006 Cadillac DTS - Lux II, heated/cooled seats, chrome wheels, 4000 miles

For $20,000, would you buy a 4cl Caravan SE, a three year-old Sienna LE, or a...

Posted Image

2006 Buick Terraza CX - 3.5l V6, leather, DVD, 2500 miles

For $19,000, would you buy a 4cyl Camry CE, a midlevel Nissan Sentra, or a...

Posted Image

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS - 3.6l, leather, Stabilitrak, 72 miles

For $14,000, would you buy a loaded Yaris, a base Corolla, or a...

Posted Image

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - leather, heated seats, dual-zone A/C, remote start, XM, 9400 miles

For $10,000, would you buy a Chery (ahahahaha!), most of a Kia Rio, or a...

Posted Image

2007 Saturn ION - Level II, CD, cruise, 11 miles

So the question here is, why would you buy anything else but slightly-used or year-old GM?

P.S. The 'comparison' cars are there for the sake of illustrating relative price, not exactly for direct competition.

Well now...let's be logical. Why would *anyone* buy a Terraza period? Plus no one looking at an Accord or TSX would take a 2nd look at DTS.

P.S. The 'comparison' cars are there for the sake of illustrating relative price, not exactly for direct competition.

205234[/snapback]

You added the above after my first post. :D

Edited by CD/BP

Why would I want a Lacrosse when I can get a BMW 540? (cheaper actually...in betwen that and the grand prix now probably)...

205284[/snapback]

Because its new with extrodinarily low mileage and full factory warranty. I'm comparing among new or virtually new cars here.

How could it be... Katrina happened in 2005, that Ion is 2007...

Maybe it fell off the carrier during transit.

205310[/snapback]

Oh, I didn't know which car he was talking about...

I suppose it's possible that it fell of the transport, but I think that would have required body work. It could just be wrong.

Posted Image

That is very similar to what my father bought, without the rims. Same colour, and also low mileage.

As far as the "falling off the truck" argument - I saw a Cobalt being delivered to a Chevy dealership on the weekend. The rest of the truck was all filled with DCX products, with the Cobalt on the very back. When he took the Cobalt off, he first extended a hydraulic section on the back, then extended some metal sliders by hand. When he left, he put the metal sliders back in, but he didn't pull the hydraulic section back in. When leaving the dealership he scraped the ground and the Dodge Nitro on the top back jumped around horribly. I really thought it was going to fall off the truck. Dumbass...

Our friends just bought a slightly used Terraza and love it. I drove it the other day and find it to be one of the best minivans I've driven. The outside has something to be desired, but the inside is nice and it drives pretty good, especially for a minivan.

I can see getting the SRX or the LaCrosse, but the others...? Fly, what are you smoking? :P

205332[/snapback]

Think about it. Lots of old people buy Honda Accords.... why wouldn't they also consider a DTS?

You buy an Accord because you have to, but you buy a DTS because you want to.