Chevy's are for Losers?

Dragon

I don't know if GM is running the same ad campaign in the US, but it's got me completely baffled.

For months now, the overall message I've got from Chevy's ads is that losers should buy a Chevy.

Their website pretty much sums it up.

http://www.johnny.ca/

You can view the commercials there as well. Check out the one for the Aveo. Some chick wants to get some from Johnny and all he's concerned about is getting a parking ticket.

What message are they trying to send? I honestly don't get it and it sure as hell doesn't make me want to drive a Chevy!!

I think what they're trying to say is - even losers like this get hit on when they have these cars. Imagine what YOU would do with those opportunities.

Think about it - did you listen to after school specials, or laugh at them? This is a parody.

I especially like the one with the Aveo5, where his friend comes out with 4 girls, and says, "Can we give them a ride?" and Johnny basically says there's no room for you, I'm only taking the chicks. :lol:

Wierd commercials, for sure. I don't think they're as bad as you make them out to be, though.

Interesting, to say the least. To give proper critique, I'd have to think of them from an unbiased point of view.

-Chevy released these commercials, and I think they're funny in that strange intentionally-stupid sort of way. Useless argument because I like Chevy.

-If Toyota releases the same commercials, I'd rag on them for being stupid. Useless argument because I dislike Toyota.

-If Volkswagen releases the same commercials, I'd think they're funny in that strange intentionally-stupid sort of way. Not so useful because Volkswagen is known for quirky advertising.

So in conclusion, I don't know how I feel about em. :shrug:

I just thought they were funny as "public service announcement" type ads. It puts a spin where Johnny each time does the "right thing". I think it may be lost on the younger generation. Go watch "Reefer Madness" to appreciate these types of ads, or "Duck and Cover" ;-).

Interesting, to say the least.  To give proper critique, I'd have to think of them from an unbiased point of view.

-Chevy released these commercials, and I think they're funny in that strange intentionally-stupid sort of way. Useless argument because I like Chevy.

-If Toyota releases the same commercials, I'd rag on them for being stupid.  Useless argument because I dislike Toyota.

-If Volkswagen releases the same commercials, I'd think they're funny in that strange intentionally-stupid sort of way.  Not so useful because Volkswagen is known for quirky advertising.

So in conclusion, I don't know how I feel about em.  :shrug:

206481[/snapback]

-------------- AMEN

Well the aveo is a pretty dopey car. I think Chevy believed they needed a goofy ad campaign to counter Toyota's goofy Yaris campaign. I guess it is better to be goofy than dopey.

I kind of like the ads. They are better than that stupid ad with the G5 on a roller coaster track.

And way better than DCX trying to use a German to sell american cars. Talk about selling out your customer base. "You know how american cars suck? Well we aren't american. So buy our cars." ™.

Well the aveo is a pretty dopey car.  I think Chevy believed they needed a goofy ad campaign to counter Toyota's goofy Yaris campaign.  I guess it is better to be goofy than dopey.

I kind of like the ads.  They are better than that stupid ad with the G5 on a roller coaster track.

And way better than DCX trying to use a German to sell american cars.  Talk about selling out your customer base.  "You know how american cars suck?  Well we aren't american.  So buy our cars." ™.

207308[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more. The idea that DCX would put Dr. Z on American commericals to say, German engineering this and German engineering that!!! Was way out of line.

I guess they are saying that without German know how Chrysler would have been dead afew years ago.