I hate the Cardinals.

intrigued

longstory short.

ME rabid METS fan.

Have season tickets.

At game 7 of NLCS last night.

Craziest game of postseason baseball IVe ever seen.

I am crushed.

End of story.

Without Pedro and El Duque, the Mets were just an average team in the retard clusterf@#k that is the NL. I live in Missouri but really really really hate the Cardinals. Detroit in 4, I'll be surprised if StL leads for one inning during the Series.

longstory short.

ME rabid METS fan.

Have season tickets.

At game 7 of NLCS last night.

Craziest game of postseason baseball IVe ever seen.

I am crushed.

End of story.

206754[/snapback]

Agreed.

I HATE!!! the cardinals.

We'll just have to wait till next year. A year older, a year wiser. Hopefully healthier too

This is actually my fault.. the Mets have always lost when I watched them.... since I'm 8 years old. My friends always thought I was joking... but they were wrong.

So, I thought maybe since they were a decent ways into the game last night, I could check up on the score... I flipped and saw the beginning of the 7th inning. The score was tied.

My students cursed me out today :AH-HA_wink:

I'm with Satty - Tigers in 4.

The Mets could've taken that game in the 6th. Bases loaded, heart-of-the-order up, a rare Scott Rolen error, a great play by your left fielder in the top of the inning - everything pointed to the Mets blowing it open.

Still, a great season for them, considering they weren't supposed to do much of anything this year.

The Cards suck. Like really suck. The World Series is gonna be a complete walkover.

206873[/snapback]

And the NLDS was going to be a complete walkover. Then the NLCS was supposed to be a complete walkover.

On paper, the Tigers are clearly the better team - no argument from me there. But, from experience (see NLCS 2005, WS 2003), the better team doesn't always win. When Yadier Molina carries the team offensively, and Jeff Weaver goes toe-to-toe with a future HOF pitcher, you know things are falling your way.

'Keep on counting us out - We'll sneak in the back door.' - Jeff Weaver (paraphrased).

-RBB

BTW, I respect the hell out of the Tigers - great team and a great story. I've always liked Leland, and Polanco is a (very underrated) favorite of mine from when he came up through the STL system. I'm glad to see that organization do well.

Hope they come up one game short. But, I'll give all due respect if they (as expected) win.

-RBB

How bout WS 2004?

206878[/snapback]

The better team didn't win then, either. The Cards won 105 games. Boston won 98, and was the wild-card team - they didn't even finish first in their division.

That's not to take anything away from Boston. Clearly the Red Sox outplayed the Cards in '04, and they were a great team in their own right. But that proves my point exactly - it's possible the Cardinals can outplay the Tigers. Certainly stranger things have happened.

-RBB

The "lesser" teams ('03 Marlins, '04 BoSox) had exceptional pitching which this year's Cardinals lack, outside of Carpenter and Suppan. The bullpen is borderline atrocious, although I do respect the job Wainright has been doing, and they have to start Anthony Reyes and Jeff Weaver, neither of whom should be trusted in a pressure situation. That may leave the bullpen exposed and with Rolen and Edmunds not 100% the offense isn't that intimidating. The Tigers can pitch around Pujols in close situations and pitch him agressively when the guys in front of him fail to get on.