Did man really walk on the moon ?

razoredge

Did Man really walk on the moon?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Did Man really walk on the moon?

• Yes! We're king of the World & The Moon!
    • Maybe/not sure
    • No, but we have the technology to do so.
    • No! We faked it. It is all a conspiracy!

Yes.

Americans did walk on the Moon.

It was very very difficult, but they did do it. As humans in general, and Americans in particular, we are a very smart and capable people who met an incredible challenge head-on and triumphed in the greatest way possible.

People who claim to have (I'm gonna torture this poor word here, sorry) "evidence" to the contrary lack a basic grasp of things like physics, engineering, photography, and reality.

Check out Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy page and this link http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html for an excellent point-by-point teardown of the skeptics' supposed evidence (sorry) against America's finest hour in space.

And may this thought never cross your mind again... :)

Americans had a little trouble with understanding the effects of added weight/mass, as evidenced by the first astronauts and many of its older and current automobiles!

[post="15912"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Are you referring to the launch vehicles?

If so, yes, American rockets had excellent guidence system, they just couldn't get off the pad. This is opposed to Soviet rockets, which could lift-off, but typically came home rather quickly...

Are you referring to the launch vehicles?

If so, yes, American rockets had excellent guidence system, they just couldn't get off the pad. This is opposed to Soviet rockets, which could lift-off, but typically came home rather quickly...

[post="15917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nah, it was a reference to the Honeymooners being the first astronauts. I'm sure the USSR had some pretty brilliant rocketry up their sleeves, but it didn't make it anywhere near their launch pads...

(but they did get to space before us.)

I have to admit that it looks pretty suspicious that the U.S. went from zero space program in 1957 to the moon in only 12 years. If you compare that progress to what they've accomplished in the ensuing 36 years - well, we should have colonies on Mars by now. I guess the world should thank Russia for the Space Race. However, conspiracies aside, if Nixon couldn't keep Watergate under wraps for a couple years, how could NASA have pulled off such a coup? It is amazing what some people will believe. At Science North in Sudbury, Ontario, they have (had?) a spine of a brontosauras (or whatever) hanging in the main atrium. It's, what - 25 meters or so long? When I visited there about 15 years ago with my (then) boyfriend, he declared that it was fake. He added that dinosaurs were fake, too. I was flabbergasted. He (then a practicing Pentecastol) said that dinosaurs were a New Age myth. That's what they were teaching in his church. Again, I countered: how could thousands of scientists around the world keep such a huge conpsiracy under wraps for 135 years and nobody blew the whistle? And what is that black ooze we are pumping into our cars?

It's interesting what the US accomplished in space 35+ years ago while today it seems to be nothing but a series of failures...

[post="16143"][/post]

Hmmm... sounds familiar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wanted to post pictures of a 2006 Camaro, or a 2006 Oldsmobile but I couldn't find any... Also it seems ther's no such thing as a RWD Impala or for that matter a coupe Impala. Hardtop Chevys are completely extinct. :huh: A Deville coupe is not popping up on Google, or a hardtop (2 or 4 door).... WTF!?!?!

[/sarcasm]

How irrelevant... Anyway, I think Lakefire's right that we've reached a point where private industry will provide the motivation for continued flight into low-earth orbit at least. Bush's pulled-out-of-the-ass plan to send man to Mars is a pretty ridiculous one, especially given our other massive fiscal projects (Iraq, New Orleans, NMD, new Space Shuttle, etc) and an almost sad lack of interest among the general public.

"Space may be the final frontier but its made in a hollywood basement" - Red Hot Chilli Peppers Californication "How come they can go to the moon and gome back but still cant make shoes that last my lifetime?" - my history teacher 11th grade :lol: :lol:

One more:

1969 ---> Posted Image

1999 ---> Posted Image