Seattle International Auto Show

zhawk

Tammy and I went to the Seattle International Auto Show and posted some of the pictures we took onto the Pacific Northwest Camaro Club photo gallery.

You can check them out here.

There are some nice looking vehicles coming out very soon. Of course a few fall well into the fugly range as well.

Enjoy

I really liked it. To me it is a massive improvement in looks over the last generation, especially the interior.

I thought the setup on the Cheyenne Concept was fantastic. They were taking pictures of people with it and then they gave you a code to pull the pic off the internet. The card with the code had a picture of the silver Camaro concept on it so people wanted to get their picture taken just to get the card.

That HHR panel wagon looked very nice as well. It was better in person than the pictures showed.

I will say that i finally looked close to Toyota's FJ Cruiser. I personally don't think they could have made a much uglier vehicle.

I really liked it. To me it is a massive improvement in looks over the last generation, especially the interior.

I thought the setup on the Cheyenne Concept was fantastic. They were taking pictures of people with it and then they gave you a code to pull the pic off the internet. The card with the code had a picture of the silver Camaro concept on it so people wanted to get their picture taken just to get the card.

That HHR panel wagon looked very nice as well. It was better in person than the pictures showed.

I will say that i finally looked close to Toyota's FJ Cruiser. I personally don't think they could have made a much uglier vehicle.

210729[/snapback]

Ahh yes, that would be pixel pics.... we use that program on the Jeep tour. Get your picture inside the new wrangler. Gonna be at the Phoenix and the LA auto shows with it.... anybody going to those shows?

I also attended the Seattle Auto Show on Friday night. The crowd was solid, not really any large scale groups other than at Mercedes, BMW, Porchese and the usual groups milling around the more exotic auto's. Here is my observation of the following:

Acura MDX - New 2007 model, outside body design nice and pleasing, very consistent for Acura's conservative approach. Interior, very disappointing with all the plasticy, hard cheap look. The center console was also a busy small button mess. The vehicle had power so people could try things out. I saw more than a few people confused and asking if they had a simpler dash layout. This was a unit with the NAV system and it was not user friendly. Over all for $45K one would expect a better interior, but they will sell them plenty as peopl are hooked on the name ACURA.

Mercedes R320CDI - This is what Caddilac should have had for the SRX. A quality Diesel that give high 20's and low 30's for gas milage. Great all around package. SRX is everything this auto is except in the engine department.

Comparison of the Lincoln Pickup that is the replacement for the blackwood is a joke. They had only about 15 feet away the F150 and as I over heard many people say, for the money, you might as well buy a higher lever Ford and get a better package than what they are doing on the new Lincoln pickup.

A big surprise interest was in the Hundayi SantaFe. This little SUV seemed to garner considerable attention from the crowd. Very positive and a much improved update over the current model.

GM and what we are all waiting for:

Chevy had a smash hit with their line up of vehicles. Plenty of traffic and interest. Saddly they had only one of the new Chevy Trucks on display and it was on a turn table. But fortunatly, GMC had 2 of the new trucks on the floor for everyone to crawl all over and check out.

:pbjtime: Yay Baby, these new trucks are Amazing. Tight fit and finish and great interiors. Nothing but positive comments heard from people. Strangly not a single dually was in attendance this year. Not even Ford or Dodge had one. Dodge was the only one with a diesel there also.

Chevy Tahoe and Suburban gathered much praise from people. Saddly, GM really needs to update / change the nose on the Yukon, many people liked the interior, but the exterior nose was not a popular hit even with the woman. They all generally liked the Chevy look much better. Was interesting to hear people ask the chevy sales people if they could get the denali engine transmission option in the chevy.

Caddilac was popular and in good shape over all. Interesting observation is that I was busy checking out the new Escalades and while I had been really impressed on my two test drives at the Bellevue Caddilac dealership. The thing that holds me back is the over bling issue. Way to much Chrome. This panned out with seeing people ask if the Chrome was an option they could remove in favor of a monochromatic look with the current wheel choices.

Sadily, I feel this is an area that caddilac missed the boat on. Most people would be happy with the larger than life Caddilac emblem on the back, but the Chrome bar on either side of it needs to go! Same with pretty much all the chrome. People asked if they could get the vehicle with only Chrome on the grill and wheels but no where else. For a luxury Vehicle, it needs to be elegant but no Rap / Sport Jock Bling level. Might work for now as they fill the initial demand, but I think GM needs to change this also.

My wife was wanting to get a new Escalade but now after seeing the current version, she does not want that Chrome Bling mobile. To quote her: "Wait till they either take off all the aweful chrome or we will look at something else." :duh: How did they let this mess get out the door.

My wife did love the H2 and H3. Thought they were great. H2 for her and the H3 for our daughter. :rolleyes: Now there is a day of expense if that happens. But will have to wait and see what I end up with.

Sadily, the Buick area was vacant. Not a single person looking. Except for me listening with my wife to the lady talk about the Lucerne up on the turn table, it was a dead sales floor. Hopefully the weekend traffic brought more people in.

We'll that is all for now. :)

Sadily, the Buick area was vacant.  Not a single person looking.  Except for me listening with my wife to the lady talk about the Lucerne up on the turn table, it was a dead sales floor.

210814[/snapback]

Old people don't go to car shows. Buick is dying with its customers. I don't see how anything on the horizon will save it.

Mark

the smaller shows are just new model shows, where the big shows have concepts and stuff that the magazines and people are waiting for. Seattle is a lot like the TX state fair and Sacramento and Phoenix.... mostly a no-hassle environment for people to check out the new production models.

Nice pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

That 1967 Camaro SS looks great.  Why was the rear tire off of it?

Mark

210851[/snapback]

They were showing off the detail work from the restoration of the car.

Everything on that Camaro shined.

Old people don't go to car shows.  Buick is dying with its customers.  I don't see how anything on the horizon will save it.

Mark

210935[/snapback]

Buicks 2007 lineup save the Lucerne is a joke and even the Lucerne has issues! A rebadged Bravada, the fugly Rendevous, the CSV dud, no more AWD on the van or Rendevous, same old dated 3800/4 speed powertrains and a lackluster LaCrosse round out the blandness. Of course GM's stupidity in renaming every single vehicle to try and confuse the customer didn't help either. Neither did over pricing the LaCrosse and Ranier initially. A detuned 3800 on the flagship was suicidal and not offering the same features as your entry level car on a vehicle that can almost push 40K is just baffling. Is it really surprising that this division is on life support with doctor evil Toyota ready to pull out the plug!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Pics Zhawk. :thumbsup: What is that White and Blue car towards the end of your album with the Boeing Logo? For some reason I can't seem to place it. I plan on making the trek to Detroit this coming January for the NAIAS and I'm sure many of you will be too. We'll have to share our findings after that momentus event!

Nice Pics Zhawk.  :thumbsup:  What is that White and Blue car towards the end of your album with the Boeing Logo?  For some reason I can't seem to place it.  I plan on making the trek to Detroit this coming January for the NAIAS and I'm sure many of you will be too.  We'll have to share our findings after that momentus event!

216518[/snapback]

That was a Eclipse painted to commemorate the new 787 Dreamliner. They placard called it a Dreamliner Eclipse.

It was a fun show and Tammy and I had a blast getting pictures. I can't wait until the images start coming out from the bigger shows.