My 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Hey all, I've been lurking around here for a year or so just reading all the good GM info and I decided to share some pics of my car. If any of you are on clubgp, you know who I am. 8)

Anyway, I picked up my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP in July of 2003 and it was stock. I began customizing it as soon as I could. Over the last 3 years I've done a lot and learned a lot when it comes to detailing skills, knowledge of the 3800 motor, and tuning with my DHP PowerTuner.

Here are the pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got it with 43k miles on it, it currently has just over 84k miles now and still gets close to 30mpg on the highway (still tuning for even better milage). It is my daily driver and I have no garage. :o

Here is my current mod list:

Appearance:

PFYC SD Ram Air Hood

SLP Gen1 Spoiler

Smokin' Lights tinted tail lights

Mille Miglia Chrome 18x8 Evo5 rims

35% tint

Red calipers

VT front grilles

Red reflective inlays

Clear corners

Various pieces powdercoated red under the hood

Suspension/Brakes:

GMPP Koni adjustable struts/springs

GMPP Handling kit (front/rear swaybars, rear trailing arms, front STB)

F-Body dual piston front brake calipers with 12" rotors

Performance:

Home-ported heads

ZZP XP Cam w/105# valvesprings and upgraded timing chain

TOG Ceramic Coated Headers

GMPP Cat-back exhaust

Gen5 M90 Supercharger w/3.4, 3.2, 3.0 pulleys

4" Fenderwell Intake

Northstar V8 75mm throttlebody w/LQ4 MAF sensor

42.5 pound injectors

DHP PowerTuner

No recent track visits with it, but my goal is a high 12-sec 1/4 mile at 107-108mph on street tires and 93 pump gas.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Edited by DuBob

Guest YellowJacket894

I actually plan on getting a car similar to yours this spring if I can find one. I love the GP GTP. Nice car. I test drove an '01 model and it could really haul ass. I can't afford an '01, though, so I'm hoping to find a '98.

Nice car. Every mod you put on it is very nice and not overstated. It, in an odd way, reminds me of a concept car. Great pics, too. :thumbsup:

I actually plan on getting a car similar to yours this spring if I can find one. I love the GP GTP. Nice car. I test drove an '01 model and it could really haul ass. I can't afford an '01, though, so I'm hoping to find a '98.

Nice car. Every mod you put on it is very nice and not overstated. It, in an odd way, reminds me of a concept car. Great pics, too. :thumbsup:

222779[/snapback]

Where are you located because I know of a few GTP's in the area that are for sale.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Guest YellowJacket894

Where are you located because I know of a few GTP's in the area that are for sale.

KY.

I've found a few on eBay myself that aren't too much. I can't spend over $5,000, and some of the ones I found are in decent shape and are under that limit.

So, yeah, hit me up with some more cars to consider. I don't mind making a drive to get a car. :)

Absolutely gorgeous car, and though I'm not always the biggest fan of such a mass market FWD car, the general look and performance of those coupled with the--as you mentioned--awesome fuel mileage has always gotten my interest. Great cars, in most regards.

Extremely hot car, it reminds me of AllenK's. Are you two in the same GP club? And you're a homeboy, too. I'm in Lancaster. Thanks for posting!

222882[/snapback]

He helped me find mine... detailed it recently for me, as well :thumbsup:

Edited by Allen K