How long have you had your...

I won't quote all of my cars, but they range...

'70 Tempest - 24 years
'81 Eagle - 22 years

'86 Le Sabre Wagon - 19 years

'88 Safari "Speed" Wagon - 14 years
'81 Bonneville Coupe - 11 years
'99 Bonneville - 9.5 years

'04 Grand Prix GTP - 6 years
'95 Caprice Wagon - 5 years
Buying Embargo - 4 years and still active... but a Pickup is likely in my future.

1998 Chevy Lumina - (Since 02/2002) Then 71,700 now 236,100

2005 Acura TSX - (Since 12/2006) Then 25,991 now 113,300 -> wife's car, mine first

2005 BMW 330i - (Since 02/2009) Then 57,236 now 123,400 -> wife's car, mine first

2008 Chevy Corvette Z06 - (Since 04/2012) Then 15,894 now 27,298

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Sedan: 2006 - 2010. Lasted about 31,000 miles before it lost reverse and puked out all of its oil. Currently lives with a family friend who got it back to running condition.

1995 Volvo 850 Turbo Sedan: 2010 - Earlier this spring. Put on close to 40,000 miles before selling it.

2006 Ford Fusion SEL: This Spring to current: Only have put close to 5,000 miles on it so far since I have a fair number of review vehicles coming in. Also the highest mileage vehicle I have owned with 228,000 miles.

What's your most driven?

Most driven would probably go to my '70 Tempest... put about 200+K on it in 13 or so years, before it got parked. '99 Bonne would be the second most... about 170K.

Right now both the '99 and '04 are laid up... so the Sunfire is getting the biggest workout.

Longest owned here so far ? :

'64 Pontiac GP, bought 7/86 : 27+ years

I was only 5 years old at the time, but I was heavily into cars even then, obviously! ;)

Depending on how we are counting, my oldest is the '74 Nova. Bought by my parents new and given to me in 1983... but the title was never signed over (and has not been located yet). I didn't quote this because I only drove it once before buying the Tempest and priorities changed. So that is either 30 years or 0 years. ;-)

Actually, I'm not sure how minors and titles would work, as a minor's signature holds no legal weight... You only sign the title when you sell, so I guess you can buy a car (as I did with the Tempest when I was 17), but not sell it. Odd gray area that never came up.

In Jersey, you can buy as a minor, but you'd need a title to get it registered, right? Until it's in your name, your parent would technically have to register it.
Since there's no prize in this thread, you call it like you see it WRT the Nova. ;) Has it been sitting since '83 then, or has it been exercised now & again? Time is generally not kind to '70s vehicles continuously on the road.

Have you ever posted a pic of the '70- I'd sure like to see it.

In the last days before I went off to college, I was in a situation where I was not going to become a legal adult until away at college. My parents were trying to get me set up with all the (inexpensive) things I would need. I was rebuffed by the bank and life insurance company for not being an adult yet. However, I titled, registered and insured my car completely in my name... but in the process (back then), I don't recall signing any legal documents. Signing the title (when selling) however, could have been a problem, as that is a legal document. Many of my friends had cars in their names for a couple years (farm tags) as minors. Its an issue I never thought of until now.

Yeah, the '74 Nova had problems by '83. The tranny was always a leaker and reverse was pretty much gone. Then it got parked for 18 months because it got jammed in park (Dad and mom could not get it out, but later one of our employees had no problem moving it out of park). By the time I got it, it was clogged with bad gas and had some rust issues... I started fixing it, but between working for my parents and school, I didn't have it ready for college. Its sat since. It needs much more work now... I'm not sure it can be saved.

Same goes for the Tempest. It was in sweet shape when I bought it. Since I was not as good at avoiding other people's driving mistakes back then, it was in three accidents, each totaled the car and I put it back together. So in the end, it was 14 different colors and the salt air at the beach had created some rust issues. Its disassembled right now.

At one point in the '90s, someone working next to my apartment was parking his '70 Tempest near it. It was like twins separated at birth. Both Pepper Green post coupes with green vinyl roofs. Besides condition, the only difference between the two was that my redone vinyl roof had the vinyl tucked around the trim. First time I saw it I thought someone was playing a cruel joke.

In any case, I'm not sure I have any good photos of it in its prime.

• 3 weeks later...

Current fleet:

1) '73 Camaro Z28/RS -- 15 years as of May, 2013

2) '68 Camaro SS -- 13 years as of August, 2013

3) '01 Mustang GT -- 3 years as of February, 2013

4) '06 GTO -- 1 year as of September, 2013

Past cars:

'91 Lumina -- Roughly 1 year. (Sold for scrap)

'87 Comanche -- Roughly 2 years. (Sold)

'01 Focus SE -- Roughly 4 months. (Totaled)

'01 Focus ZX3 -- Roughly 5 years. (Totaled)

Bonus:

'82 Starlet -- 31 years as of May 2013 (Technically my parent's car. Rode home from the hospital in it.)

1978 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight, 1 year 4 months

1986 Toyota Camry roughly 4 years, yet only driven for 2 weeks.

1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 12 years, still own it, yet I haven't driven it since 2005.

1996 Ford Taurus, inherited from my grandfather in October 2002, traded it with my father for his 1985 Chrysler Fifth Avenue in early 2003.

1985 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, March? 2003-2005

1995 Buick Riviera, Feb 2006, still own it.

03 cav..since may of 03

93 Cav In family since new...bought from family in june 03....

Ahhh...a thread from the dead....

Still have two of the three since then.

Both the 03 (almost 11 years) and the 04 (very close to 10) are still going...I added the 2006 Cobalt back in april of 2008, and that one is still going as well.

Sadly the 93 Cav hit the scrapyard back in the summer of 08 due to rust...

Though, not sure if any of these will be around next time we post this.....