1988 Buick Lucerne?

Yeah... I've often wondered if it was a true hardtop?

It has its good and bad points, thank goodness we got the 91-99 LeSabre instead........... :unsure:

228082[/snapback]

No real connection there.... for that look to the (87?) "Park Ave Essance" concept.

I've often wondered if there was any way to make the Reatta uglier than it already is..... at least MY question got answered  :P

228159[/snapback]

:o:o:o:o

I love the Reatta, and believe it or not, was planning to get one. Well, that was until GM showcased a little roadster known as the "SKY". Seriously, I tracked one down outside of Freehold that was in pretty good shape for a 1990 model (I really wanted a '91) - but then I saw the SKY and decided I rather start off with a car that I'm the only owner of. But if I had the money, I'd probably have a Reatta in my large car collection too! :P

:o     :o     :o     :o

I love the Reatta, and believe it or not, was planning to get one.  Well, that was until GM showcased a little roadster known as the "SKY".  Seriously, I tracked one down outside of Freehold that was in pretty good shape for a 1990 model (I really wanted a '91) - but then I saw the SKY and decided I rather start off with a car that I'm the only owner of.  But if I had the money, I'd probably have a Reatta in my large car collection too!  :P

228173[/snapback]

All I see is another failed attempt at a European-style sports car. As if the Cadillac Allante wasn't bad enough by itself, GM felt the need to toss the Reatta out there the following year to REALLY hedge their bets. Maybe if they didn't make them both wrong wheel drive and offered an optional manual transmission, two key necessary features found in EVERY SINGLE f@#kING ONE ( :duh: ) of the European cars they failed so dismally at emulating and competing with, they'd have been in business and actually sold more than a handful of them. Also, for the amount of money a person spent on a Reatta when new, you'd think the General could have done a little bit more for them on the inside than giving them the front half of a Riviera interior with two ugly-ass uncomfortable seats; at least the Allante's interior was unique (although horrid looking!).

However, in defense of the Reatta, I, too would probably own one if I had the capacity to have a large fleet; I would NEVER own an Allante unless it was given to me, or could be bought for under $1000. But still, the Reatta would have to be a 1988 or 1990 Select Sixty model to justify spending any kind of real money on one or taking care of it once I owned it. Every now and then I see one in the local Want-Ad for under a thousand bucks and think of how fun it'd be to daily-drive the little guy into the ground.

Edited by XP715

BTW can anyone figure out a way to translate that site into english?

228345[/snapback]

In Communist Russia, website visit YOU!

95+ Riviera and Aurora vibe.

228359[/snapback]

Definitely you can see the Riviera's roofline and rear beginning to take shape here, and I can see a little of the Aurora's nose, I guess.

I really like the hardtop version, except maybe for the extreme shovel nose. The roofline and general rear 3/4 view are beautiful, imo. The dash... reminds me of an Aurora. It's always fun to pick out features that come to production across divisional boundaries when studying a GM concept car.