Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spied: Chrysler 300 facelift

DetroitNut90

This is what I was concerned about with the MMC redesign of this car. No changes to the front and the 300C taillights put in as an "improvement". I expected more and I hope this car is just a mule for the 4.0L V-6 thats going to be standard equipment in the Touring and Limited versions of this car and not an indication of the MMC redesign. While we're at it. I hope they leave out those stupid lines from the hood, too. The Magnum got a more extensive redesign so I am hoping for more once this thing finally arrives.

Good... the a$$ of the 300C was it's most boring/poor feature.

I bet they give it super-subtle "tail fins" in the tail lights like on the CTS.

i still vacillate on this car. If you are alone on a Chrysler lot, looking a bunch of new 300's, this car is very attractive. Classy.

But seeing them in traffic for two years, many fo them dubbed out, and some of them beatne up, they look tired old and faddish.

The fat chunky thing is clearly old news new. The Lucerne has a much crisper silhouette.

Car design is becoming so faddish so quickly. Even a car like the Fusion which was considered crisp and fresh for a brief time is now considered dumpy and old.

Apparently most of this MCE is going to be on the interior. I hope they move the stupid cruise control location. It's exactly where you'd expect the tilt wheel control to be and it's not easy or intuitive to use at all.

The steering columns of the LX cars are pretty much pure E-Class, the same goes for that stupid lever for the speed control. Sure, it's/was found in virtually every Benz, but Chrysler's wheel mounted buttons were much, much better. But because of the columns themselves, I really don't see it to change at all, unless they're really doing a major update on the interior's pieces which have a mechanical involvement.

Edited by MyerShift

Headlight internals on a non-C model like that pictured are a tad different, and there's clearly a few minor touches changed on the rear lights and possibly bumper/trunklid. All good news, both because the LX's are generally accepted as gorgeous cars and because of the recent intros of some poorly executed and ugly new Chryslers--the "good' they hit a few years ago seems safe. Couple it with just freshened interior bits, and things like the much stronger 4.0L vs. the 3.5L, and all should be well.

I love these cars to death, and a 300C Hemi is still a car I lust over as much today as I did when the first pics came out--even more so after playing around and inside a few in person. Then again, I do have a "thing" for large, powerful, RWD cars.

All that said, the "hard to change" argument is still very valid. When a car is so distinctive from day one, it can be really hard to figure out little things to change with time, but it looks like they have a handle on it--just tiny nips and tucks here and there that a lot may not even notice, but that still keep them fresh.

I suspect the interior update will include the new new corporate stereo with the Hard Drive. My only problem with that is that it's just a square...the current one at least has knob cutouts so it looks somewhat integrated.

Really, it's the other two LX cars that I hope get the interior redo, cuz I have long hated the gauge cowl (whatever it's called) that extends more than halway across the dhas...like the 2nd gen Neon, Magnum/Charger, Durango and Intrepid...though at least the Intrepid's is a gentle swoop...it doesn't look tacked on like the others do.

Edited by Dodgefan

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently most of this MCE is going to be on the interior. I hope they move the stupid cruise control location. It's exactly where you'd expect the tilt wheel control to be and it's not easy or intuitive to use at all.

Hey, there was one of these updated 300's at a rest area off of I-94 West today accompanied by a Jeep Commander and a Dodge Charger SRT-8. I was on my way to Detroit in the loaner. And, by the way, 94 was slicker than snot. Utterly terrible because it looked wet, but was like what happens when you spray Pledge on a linoleum floor. Vwhoop! On your rear.

The interior LOOKED the same as the current one, so unless they're improving the materials or ahven't gotten around to putting a new interior into a mule yet, I wouldn't expect anything great as far as an interior change is concerned. But, I do like the 300's interior as it is.

Edited by MyerShift