2007 Chevrolet Epica

SoCalCTS

Two reasons the Epica died: it came out the same time as the Malibu and it was under powered. Personally, I liked it better than the Malibu and it was cheaper. The fit and finish, quality of plastics (which really float some people's boats here) was superior, too. The ride and handling were quite nice, but foot to the floor there was nothing. One of the guys at GM said GM screwed up and should have given it to Buick. True. Anyone coming out of a Cutlass or Century would have liked this car.

Oh, and it didn't help that Suzuki (!!??) was selling the same damned car. Take that, resale value!

its so ridiculous that GM will make 1,000,000 of those cheap looking radios and stuff it into everything and the 100 dollar pioneer head unit at best buy looks nicer. I can't believe they are saving THAT much on spitting that cheesy unit out globally on EVERY FRICKING car.

otherwise, this car is very shanghai meets daewoo meets saturn L.

Edited by regfootball

Some bits here and there really scream Saturn L300.

Exactly my thought - tail end looks very very similar to the post-refresh L300 tail, headlights have some resemblance, though smaller, and the overall look feels similar. Really, the post-refresh L300 is a very nice looking car...

Isn't this the Verona in another market? This is the name of the Suzuki midsizer...which is basically at the end of it's life cycle...is Suziki supposed to get this as a replacement?

Some bits here and there really scream Saturn L300.

+1 (especially the rear)

Exactly my thought - tail end looks very very similar to the post-refresh L300 tail, headlights have some resemblance, though smaller, and the overall look feels similar. Really, the post-refresh L300 is a very nice looking car...

On what planet? That refreshed nose was hideous.

Hmm, IF it were available with a stick for some odd reason, I would definitely consider this new Epica (under a different brand, undoubtedly) because its general styling appeals to me, and it makes me think this is what the Saturn L-Series should have looked like all a long.

Hmm, IF it were available with a stick for some odd reason, I would definitely consider this new Epica (under a different brand, undoubtedly) because its general styling appeals to me, and it makes me think this is what the Saturn L-Series should have looked like all a long.

The Epica is available with a manual or auto transmission. The 2.0L 24V LTX manual or 2.5L 24V LTX auto are the options.

• 1 month later...

The Epica is available with a manual or auto transmission. The 2.0L 24V LTX manual or 2.5L 24V LTX auto are the options.

Well, the previous car (wasn't it sold in the U.S. as the Verona?) wasn't available with the manual transmission, so if this new version were to be, then that's what I was getting at. Seems like the NA U.S. market would typically only offer an automatic.