For anyone looking last minute, I suggest booking a hotel in Windsor (alot cheaper the anything in Detroit) and take the shuttle from windsor to the autoshow. $20 CND gets a round trip to and from the show and tickets.

For anyone looking last minute, I suggest booking a hotel in Windsor (alot cheaper the anything in Detroit) and take the shuttle from windsor to the autoshow. $20 CND gets a round trip to and from the show and tickets.

I'll be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday of next week (1-19 to 1-21)

Anyone else going that weekend?

I got a room at the RenCen Marriott for only $120/night.....which I think is really good for a "full-service" Marriott downtown within walking distance of Cobo......(in fact, it was a bit cheaper than the Courtyard Marriott across the street.....)

I'll be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday of next week (1-19 to 1-21)

Anyone else going that weekend?

I got a room at the RenCen Marriott for only $120/night.....which I think is really good for a "full-service" Marriott downtown within walking distance of Cobo......(in fact, it was a bit cheaper than the Courtyard Marriott across the street.....)

I'm going next Friday maybe I could pass by and meet you?

Back from the show... had a blast. Had to drive through rain most of the way up, until about the Mich state line, and the entire way back was rain. Show was MUCH more crowded than I anticipated, there was no room to move, or take pics which was kind of a dissapointment. The displays were awesome though. I will definately do it again! I will never be able to look at the Pittsburgh auto show the same again. Too bad I didn't get to check back on this thread last week, or I could have met up with some of you guys that went. Maybe next year...

Edited by AM6_Cutlass

NOS and I were somewhere in that crowd too. It was very people-congested. Everytime I tried to take a picture, someones head was popping up, and at every turn, I bumped into people.

The displays were fantastic, and GM this year had basicaly their own show within the show. I overheard people saying that they spent so much time at GM, they didnt have time to go anywhere else. Captive audience lol.

I bet Petra is enjoying the show today.

I hope GMRULES and OC have a good time, its a worthwile show. :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I am planning on attending the Auto Show tomorrow and was wondering on the best place to park. I will driving down from the north and would like to get into the show at 8:00 am for the picture contest. Does anyone have any recommendations for parking? Most of the lots that I found on naias.com open at 9, which is too late.

the weather was actually better in Detroit than here, something I've never seen before in January..

That has been one of the most talked about topics this year, normally a winter storm would dump a foot of snow right after media day.

I went Saturday with the family. WAAAAAYY too many people. Icouldn't even get near the custom Mustang with the Lambo doors. Got some half way decent pics though. had to leave early so I mostly got to the GM and Jeep/dodge spots only. I need one of those Media passes next year!!lol