The great Toyota NASCAR PR Spin Begins

avant1963

Please, it is now time for all good people to stop watching NASCAR. Toyota knows exactly what it is doing and many people have sold their souls for a few bucks. A few select quotes from Veteran driver Dale Jarret:

"As far as Toyota, sure, the parent company is foreign ... but there are a lot of Toyotas that are built in the United States."

Toyota just as American as Chevy, Ford

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/...yota/index.html

And this "Toyota is American" spin will be spewed out every two minutes during TV NACASR broadcasts. There will be tribute pieces about "How Toyota has built America" and "Why Americans should be proud that Toyota is in NASCAR." When it really should be "Toyota has a butt-load of money, and our rating are starting to tank."

Even Jimmy Spencer, who when Toyota started racing the Tundra a few years ago DARED mention the words "Japanese" and "Pearl Harbor" in the same sentence, has now fell in line. Last year, while watching one of the last NASCAR races I'll ever see on TV, I heard him praise Toyota for all the jobs they have created (jobs they stole from American manufactures) so he can collect his Toyota blood money. America is doomed to become a corporation owned, make nothing, do nothing country. I advise anyone with children to make sure that they take classes in how to speak Chinese, because we will be owned by then soon enough unless we start waking up.

Whop-di-f@#kin do. A foreign owned manufacturer entering NASCAR is nothing new. Chrysler was owned by Germans when it got back into NASCAR in 2001.

Plus, at least the "Camry"'s namesake is built by Americans who watch NASCAR, which is more than can be said for the "Charger" and "Monte Carlo"

Whop-di-f@#kin do. A foreign owned manufacturer entering NASCAR is nothing new. Chrysler was owned by Germans when it got back into NASCAR in 2001.

Plus, at least the "Camry"'s namesake is built by Americans who watch NASCAR, which is more than can be said for the "Charger" and "Monte Carlo"

You mean the same Monte Carlo and Charger that were forced to move production to Canada because of ridiculous UAW labor costs that Toyota is immune to for some reason?

I can see how that might be fair.

This 'toyota is American' bull$h! is getting more and more ridiculous- surpassed only by the amount of people who 1. believe it, and 2. seeing it as having no consequences.

I can't help but think that as much as this toyota PR spin has benefit them to this point, its gonna reach some turning point where it will start to backfire on them horrifically.

toyota in nascar and real full size trucks is about as far as they can push out without going under major scrutiny.

Edited by regfootball

Every one knows American cars suck.... I can't buy some American made Camry

and have it fall to pieces. I'm going to buy old Hyundai Ponys from the late 1970s

that's where the real QUALITY is at.

Charger's Manufacturer:

Posted Image

Monte Carlo's Manufacturer:

Posted Image