Comedians

Cory Wolfe

A thread about comedians. Who do you like? Who don't you like? Etc. Personally, I've been a fan of Stephen Lynch for a while and seeing him on Comedy Central for the first time in a while last night gave me the idea for this thread. He's a comedic song writer. One simply needs to listen to Hermaphrodite, Lullaby, Grandfather, Talk to Me, Kill a Kitten, or one of his many other songs. They're cleverly written and on top of that, he's a great vocalist and guitarist. Other than him, I'm also a big fan of Carlos Mencia and Lewis Black.

Most comedians turn me off when they start playing the raunch card. After a while (5 seconds or so), it's just not funny. Though I have caught "Mind of Mencia" a few times and I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at anyone else on Comedy Central. I like how the guy skewers every race equally.

I saw Bill Cosby live last year, and I though he was hilarious. There were people much older than me and much younger than me in the audience laughing as well. He's the undisputed king of comedy in my books.

i cant rember the guys name but he is really good with voices he can moch others really good..his last name sounds hispanic..i really like Dave Chapelle, Carlos Mencia, Adam Sandler, and Jim Carry.

Raunchy as he is, I do like Andrew Dice Clay. Steven Wright is weird and funny...and equally weird-looking.

I HATE Joan Rivers ... you know that's a major WITCH given the fate of her husband.

Oh yes, and how can I forego mentioning the lesbians or likely-to-be lesbians: Ellen, Rosie and Paula Poundstone ... certainly don't like them

Two words:

BRIAN REGAN!

This guy is completely "G-rated" but funnier than Sam Kinnesson.

Peanut Butter & Jelly

YOGA

Or if you have 20 minutes to kill here's a great long clip:

Brian Regan, Comedy Central Presents:

Posted Image

A thread about comedians. Who do you like? Who don't you like? Etc. Personally, I've been a fan of Stephen Lynch for a while and seeing him on Comedy Central for the first time in a while last night gave me the idea for this thread. He's a comedic song writer. One simply needs to listen to Hermaphrodite, Lullaby, Grandfather, Talk to Me, Kill a Kitten, or one of his many other songs. They're cleverly written and on top of that, he's a great vocalist and guitarist. Other than him, I'm also a big fan of Carlos Mencia and Lewis Black.

Special Fred made me laugh outloud when I heard it for the first time.

One of my favorites at the moment is Demetri Martin. He is on the Daily Show, and also recently had a Comedy Central special. I also downloaded a lot of his stuff off of Limewire. Check him out.

Raunchy as he is, I do like Andrew Dice Clay. Steven Wright is weird and funny...and equally weird-looking.

I HATE Joan Rivers ... you know that's a major WITCH given the fate of her husband.

Oh yes, and how can I forego mentioning the lesbians or likely-to-be lesbians: Ellen, Rosie and Paula Poundstone ... certainly don't like them

Mmm....yes, wouldn't want you to miss a chance to bring your prejudice up. :rolleyes:

Dave Chapelle is great. Dane Cook is pretty good, although sometimes part of his sets scrape bottom. One of the best performances from the last couple years though has to be Robin Williams when he was on Inside the Actors Studio.

Mmm....yes, wouldn't want you to miss a chance to bring your prejudice up. :rolleyes:

OK, the apocolypse is coming, since I gotta agree with you Chris on the above quote...I can understand not liking Rosie...but Ellen? She's hilarious, and not the least bit "militant"! Sorry Bob, but I think you got a problem...

Other comedians? Eh, not big into "comedians" but I do love the genius behind South Park, Wonder Showzen, and Family Guy.

Most of the comedians listed above have been, at one time or another, high on my personal list. My current favorites include Lewis Black (for his honest views of the world and politics), Ellen Degeneres (for her better-than-Seinfeld observational humor at a G/PG level), Eddie Izzard (for his views of the world and history), and Carlos Mencia (if you like his show, you need to see his stand-up set running on Comedy Central). At their peak, I enjoyed Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor, Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Dennis Miller, George Carlin, and Denis Leary.

Guest YellowJacket894

• Bill Hicks
  • Mitch Hedberg
  • Dane Cook
  • Greg Giraldo
  • Pablo Fransisco
  • Stephen Lynch
  • Lewis Black
  • Brian Posehn

I like Denis Leary even though he did rip off Bill Hicks a bit.

I can understand not liking Rosie...but Ellen? She's hilarious, and not the least bit "militant"! Sorry Bob, but I think you got a problem...

She's just hard to look at...and I have to think of her ...you know..._ _ _ _ ing Anne Heche...

At least Ellen is getting some, Bob. When you show your hatefulness, it just brings the whole thread down, because you incite negativity with your negativity. Your life is passing before you while you scowl from your Regal windshield. Since I know her (right?), I'm going to send Rosie over to give you a massage.

Wow, if there was ever a time to use this, its now.

:pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned:

:pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned: :pokeowned:

bobo, jot this one down for "own of the year" for Cheers and Jeers 2007.

i typically find mind of mencia amusing not laugh out loud much, but i like his stand up shows, though his first one is his best.

chappelle, who doesn't like him? lol

dat fan (sp?) find him hilarious at times.... eh

if the cable guy counts in cars, then yes, but that's it for him lol

At least Ellen is getting some, Bob. When you show your hatefulness, it just brings the whole thread down, because you incite negativity with your negativity. Your life is passing before you while you scowl from your Regal windshield. Since I know her (right?), I'm going to send Rosie over to give you a massage.

Isn't hate a strong word? I don't hate anybody. It's just being caustic, so back off - I'm tired of your lecturing as to how I should view or react to any group of people. And it is my opinion that they are not attractive, so I don't choose to patronize them. I give lesbians a WIDE berth - that's the extent of my "hate."

Last week, another architect here at work commented much the same way you have. A new intern was sitting there listening to the whole thing. The new guy used to be a bouncer for 4 years. He told me that he learned to size people up in about 5 seconds. He told me he was right 90% to 95 % of the time. I am usually right 90 to 95 % of the time, from my experience. The new guy also said that people are so namby-pamby about "oh, we shouldn't think like this" but then, deep down, everybody does it but won't admit it....I wish I had a dime for all the times you've sized people up in a store, restaurant, etc. as to what their M.O. is/was.

I am entitled to my opinion. If you view it as negative, then so be it. And CD/BP, I doubt this qualifies as :pokeowned:

i cant rember the guys name but he is really good with voices he can moch others really good..his last name sounds hispanic..i really like Dave Chapelle, Carlos Mencia, Adam Sandler, and Jim Carry.

The guy who does the voices is Frank Caliendo. He was also on Mad TV.

I like Andrew Dice Clay. I think the world of Ellen (she's the least gay lesbian comic out there). I love Margaret Cho. She's a hoot. My favorite prop comic is Carrot Top. He's a fricken hoot. I also like Ron White, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, and Larry The Cable Guy. They crack me up. Especially Larry's jokes about Wal-Mart after 2AM being like the Monte Python Minstry of Silly Walks. Thats a hoot! :lol:

Most of the comedians listed above have been, at one time or another, high on my personal list. My current favorites include Lewis Black (for his honest views of the world and politics), Ellen Degeneres (for her better-than-Seinfeld observational humor at a G/PG level), Eddie Izzard (for his views of the world and history), and Carlos Mencia (if you like his show, you need to see his stand-up set running on Comedy Central). At their peak, I enjoyed Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor, Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Dennis Miller, George Carlin, and Denis Leary.

My list is very similar to Hudson's except I'd add Chinaman and Jeff Dunham. I'd probably drop Ellen from the above, as I just don't find her funny.

Mitch Hedberg - R.I.P. I loved his stuff. Gone way too young.

Wow, if there was ever a time to use this, its now.

bobo, jot this one down for "own of the year" for Cheers and Jeers 2007.

You crashed my Pentium II...

Not a huge fan of Dice... but O&A making fun of Dice... now THAT's FUNNY!!!

It's Dice on Ice... "first I'm ovah hea' den I do a littl' loop-de-loo & BAM! I'm ovah dere wa-bam, it's MAgik... "

Guest YellowJacket894

Two words:

BRIAN REGAN!

Posted Image

Looks like Will Ferrel's long lost twin brother. :P

But, yeah, he is funny. He had a bit about Pop Tarts that cracked me up.