A fight

All right y'all. I've gotta lay something out here. I was out and about tonight without the wife or the little girl (they were at wife' dance practice). I'm cruising around in the Impala, watching it storm (tornado warning, golf ball sized hail, etc), and thinking of dinner. I get to a local chinese restaurant and there are four guys standing around in the parking lot, I pay them no huge amount of attention, go in, eat and come out. Get back to my car, they come over and start giving me the evil eye. I'm normally not one to have a horribly short temper, but today wasn't a good day at work, so I wasn't in the best of moods. Anyway, back to the subject at hand, as they're walking past me, a woman in an Army uniform gets out of her car. The guys start cat calling her, crap which I dont' exactly agree with, but I will admit, the woman was attractive. I start to get in my car when I hear struggling. Here's the kicker, the four guys, have swarmed the woman, and they're verbally bashing her, calling her names because she's in the military. I catch ear of it, which drives me over the edge (one because I support and respect anyone in the United States military currently or in the past). I get out of my car, walk up to the nearest target and ask "Is there a problem here?"

From that point on all I remember is a fist coming to kiss me in the bottom lip. I remember grabbing one of the guys by the ear and pulling, pulling really hard. Awww hell, I ripped the guy's f@#king ear off, lemme just be straight. After that, no one wanted to fight and I made sure the woman Corporal was all right. She was, a little surprised, and a little freaked out that I'd done what I did. I haven't really thought of it anymore till right now. The question is, should I have really jumped into that fight, or not?

Wow, 76CT, you have a lot of integrity. You took a civil approach and then defended yourself when they got unruly. I'm glad you were alone and not with the wife and daughter, for their sake. These guys were jerks and probably cowards who wouldn't have acted that way toward that lady if they were alone.

Having seen your picture, I'm not your size, being about 5'-10" with a medium build, so I would have picked up my cell phone and dialed 911. I hope you're ok.

I don't see anything wrong with what you did. I would have done the same thing but then again I'm Packing a .357

I hate seeing women mistreated like that. Especially if its a Military person.

I agree with Croc. I can only think of two ear rippers, you and Mike Tyson (oh wait, he's a biter).

If you felt the woman was in danger, then I think you did the right thing, and I think you presented it well. I would, however, have this thread deleted in case it does get found. I would also have gotten the woman's name as a witness in case something does come of this.

Wow, that takes guts! By your account, it sounds like you tried to help someone in trouble, they picked the fight, threw the first punch, and you reacted in self-defense. I'd say you definitely did the right thing by helping someone in trouble, regardless of how things turned out (ripping the guys ear off). You have an Army Corporal as an eye-witness, so it's not like you have to worry about accountability and stuff...

It's too bad being a good samaritan got you a negative response like that. :(

I think you should have ripped the balls off the motherfu%&er.

Four men on one man is bad enough, on a woman? They're lucky you didn't have a gun.

If what you say is accurate, they attacked you. How you defended yourself is immaterial.

I do not support our occupation of Iraq. I do support every single man and woman who wear that uniform and fight for my right to disagree with that occupation. You want to berate someone, call your representative.

a sincere "thank you" from women everywhere. those guys were hanging around looking for trouble by the sound of things, and four men starting off harassing one woman can only go in one direction - worse. I truly hope she made you feel appreciated for what you did.

Think of it this way - if it was your wife or daughter in the exact same situation, wouldn't you want someone to offer help? I think you did the right thing.

Edited by staceface

Well, I don't have a pistol permit, so I couldn't of exactly shot them. I could have probably poked a few holes in them with one of my two pocket knives, but I didn't think much about that one. Glad to hear that everyone thinks I did the right thing. Stace, you're right, I seriously would have wanted someone to step in if my wife was in such a situation.

I think you certainly did the right thing, the lady was being harassed and you stepped in. As for ripping the guys ear off 1) It was self defense because you were hit first and 2) You had to let them know you were serious, I mean 4 against 1 isn't good odds even if you're a hell of a fighter.

Have you seen me the legend fight? pfft i think not...

When your in a fight you have so much adrenaline that even if your shot you don't know your hit till its over. Trust me on that. You can do amazing things when your life is on the line. i bet those guys are regretting what they did.

Realize that, as someone who was present, one of two things could've happened:

1) A punk who instigated, and took part, in the taunting of a woman, thereby involved himself in a situation, during which his ear was torn off.

2) Four persons of the male gender, were harassing a woman, to the point where something ugly may have happened to an innocent person. If the punk had no problem taking his fist at you, then I shudder to think about what might of happened to that single woman.

The above two choices are the only conclusions available.

There's a clear demarcation point between a person of the male gender, and a man. And I can think of no greater testament to the character of a man, when he goes up against four guys, in defense of a single woman.

I guess I'm still chivalrous (sp?). I'm the kind of person that will stand up for anyone that's getting someting undeserved. And as far as 4 to 1 odds are concerned, the four guys were all probably 5'5"-6'2" and maybe 150lbs soaking wet with change in their pockets. Meanwhile I'm 5'10" and about 380lbs.....(hell basically I AM four of those guys)

I guess I'm still chivalrous (sp?). I'm the kind of person that will stand up for anyone that's getting someting undeserved. And as far as 4 to 1 odds are concerned, the four guys were all probably 5'5"-6'2" and maybe 150lbs soaking wet with change in their pockets. Meanwhile I'm 5'10" and about 380lbs.....(hell basically I AM four of those guys)

LOL... Some guys are just cocky like that. I had something similar happen to me a while back, some guys (Probably frat boys, since we're in a college town) were talking sh*t from their Frontier after I pulled out in front of them. (Keep in mind I drive a Focus) They followed me into the parking lot of the complex where I live and I got out of the car. After seeing all 6'9" 350 lbs of me, they were MUCH more respectful ;)