Do you buhLEE dis crap?

ocnblu

Each week, Toyota places a folksy ad in Autoweek magazine. They usually make me ill, but this week I had to use the trash can here at my desk to vomit. Who do these emm effers think they are??? I hope you guys can read this, if you haven't seen it in person. :angry:

Posted Image

A load of pure, contradictory crap. They are entering faux camrys to sell.... tundras, because that makes good business sense. Maybe the connection is the IBC V-8 with a carb underhood. No... waitaminnit.... :unsure:

Wow.

Luckily for me, NASCAR hasn't meant anything since they raced versions of street cars. Give me DVDs of 1959 to maybe 1972, thanks.

As you may be aware, NASCAR has never reached the same divine status in Canada as it has (had?) in America; however, the few guys I know that worship at that throne are horrified at what Toyota is doing, and they flatly declare it will never work. I beg to differ. If history has told us anything, it is that we North Americans will swallow any bull$h! story, if we are fed it long enough. Japan Inc, unlike American/Canadian businesses, is very, very patient. They think in DECADES, not quarters.

Toyota will just wait this out and in another 15 or 20 years, when this generation of die hard (read: 30 years old +) fans are drooling spit in their old age homes, the younger generation will have forgotten that Dodge/Ford/Chevy once dominated NASCAR and that Toyota never was an American car company.

It worked for Nissan/Datsun/Nissan.

Yep that Camry looks real good using a Chevy Super Speedway body while using a Dodge block with Chevy heads lol.

Lets see 4 of the 8 failed to make the race. Of all the teams, only one was able to make it on speed. Waltrip had to race his way in, DJ had to use a provisional to get in. The other two teams had to race their way in as well. I expect maybe one of them to make it next race at Cali.

I am sick however of how NASCAR and the racing media keep hyping them as American or more American than Ford or Chevy. Piss off to those paid off goons I say.

Guest YellowJacket894

If Toyota is going to do anything good or worthwhile, it'll be killing NASCAR off for good. I hate that "sport" and find nothing enjoyable about it anymore. It was decent in the Nineties and Early Two-Thousands, and was pretty entertaining to watch, but now I just hear the name and, you know, it does nothing for me. If America knew what was good for it, they'd turn away to something worth their time.

Based on the last couple posts in this thread, throwing a foreign adversary into NASCAR might do more to help its ratings...

You may be right, today was the first Nascar race I've watched since Dale died....3

Eh... I certainly don't care for Toyota being in the sport, especially with Darrel Waltrip basically being an in-booth spokesperson for them. They all did pretty poorly, regardless of all the talk. I'll still watch Nascar and I'll still enjoy. This was still one of the most exciting Daytona 500s I've seen in a while. I find it funny how so many people here bitch about it. Nascar this, Nascar that... Almost as bad as those bitching about foreign cars, modern cars, FWD cars, etc.

I know this is just the first race of the season, blah blah blah, but how many people watch just one race a year? I'd say millions of people. This is the race to win for maximum exposure. After all the hype about Toyota entering Nextel, this was their best chance to show they could run with the big dogs out there. And they failed. Yes, for a lot of people, this is the only stock car race they'll see, just like Indy 500 watchers. I myself only watched the end when they came off caution for those last 3 laps. It was a spectacular finish.

I didn't get a chance to watch the race, but I did get to listen to it on the radio all day. I wasn't too terribly happy that Dale Jr. didn't do that great, but I am glad that Harvick took the win. I just wish that the car would have been black, the number would have been 3, and the driver would have been Dale Earnhardt, Sr. He was a great driver that is still missed sorely to this day.

So, pretty much, Toyota's Nascar ploy is to target GM & Fords truck share... Funny, I bet you won't see any "The car has nothing in common with the street" comparisons in Toyota motorsports write ups like you ALWAYS see in big 3 write ups.

"We don't need to race Camrys to be the best selling car in America."

Arrogant f@#k... Too bad he didn't follow his brother.

Nascar is a load of $h!, pure and simple. I even have family in the sport and I still think it's a crock. It is the most commercialized, NO TALENT, NO BENEFIT (For GM, Ford or Chrysler) BLAND, BALL-LESS sport I've ever seen. You can't even say "damn" on the TV without getting bitchslaped by Nascar because it's afraid you'll scare off the yuppie soccer moms. You can't drive on the edge anymore because that's 'unfair and dirty.' Hell, I miss the days where the drivers were men of steel that drove their hearts out in a car that they missed eating for 2 days last week in order to fix "good enough to run this week" and you went to the race with a 6 pack of beer only to punch the Mark Martin fan next to you when he talked $h! about Earnhardt. The $h! was a passion, a RELIGION! Not this pansy, watered down, teach me how to speak, I am a robot with no opinion bull$h! that I see today. This sport was built on deviance and it should've stayed true to that in SOME aspects. I used to love NASCAR and aspired to drive in the sport for many years... Until it got to the point where it took 3 million dollars to win a race instead of TALENT and driving prowess.

Sr. was the last great DRIVER we will ever see, in this realm. Nascar has NO talented drivers anymore and they've been shoveling the 'old timers' out of the sport faster than a Hemi exhaust stroke all in order to "Become cool" with my generation.

I used to be considered a hick because I loved the sport and now every little yuppie bitch in a Civic has a "Jr." tag on the front and goes to the track to lust over what they'll never have. They don't care about the History, they don't care about the science of driving and they DAMN SURE don't care about the brand of car their heart throb drives (Hell, half of them probably don't even have a clue as to what manufacturers compete in the sport) 10 years ago, Toyota was right there with them thinking Nascar was a hick sport, yet now they're trying to run the domestics off of yet another haloed ground (And they'll succeed, because they have the money.

Nascar has no soul, they sold it long ago for $$$. It began when they started dismissing tracks from the schedule based on seating capacity... Remember North Wilksboro (Where short track racing started) remember Rockingham? How about Hickory? or Myrtle Beach? That's how the 'shiners' raced, yet Nascar has sold that aspect out in order to get 'higher seating capacities' It's NOT WISE to turn your back on your culture, especially in the south.

And yes, the sport has peaked, that's why you're starting to see less and less BIG sponsers on the cars. The expense just doesn't justify the return anymore.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Nascar is a load of $h!, pure and simple. I even have family in the sport and I still think it's a crock. It is the most commercialized, NO TALENT, NO BENEFIT (For GM, Ford or Chrysler) BLAND, BALL-LESS sport I've ever seen. You can't even say "damn" on the TV without getting bitchslaped by Nascar because it's afraid you'll scare off the yuppie soccer moms. You can't drive on the edge anymore because that's 'unfair and dirty.' Hell, I miss the days where the drivers were men of steal that drove their hearts out and you went to the race with a 6 pack of beer only to punch the Mark Martin fan next to you when he talked $h! about Earnhardt. The $h! was a passion, a RELIGION! Not this pansy, watered down, teach me how to speak, I am a robot with no opinion bull$h! that I see today. This sport was built on deviance and it should've stayed true to that in SOME aspects. I used to love NASCAR and aspired to drive in the sport for many years... Until it got to the point where it took 3 million dollars to win a race instead of TALENT and driving prowess.

Sr. was the last great DRIVER we will ever see, in this realm. Nascar has NO talented drivers anymore and they've been shoveling the 'old timers' out of the sport faster than a Hemi exhaust stroke all in order to "Become cool" with my generation.

Say what? So all those drivers that also race in Cart, F1, etc... or at Rolex, Lemans, Dakkar, etc... and do well when they do, at that... They're just talentless? Sure. That's a load of $h!, pure and simple. Edited by blackviper8891

Say what? So all those drivers that also race in Cart, F1, etc... or at Rolex, Lemans, Dakkar, etc... and do well when they do, at that... They're just talentless? Sure. That's a load of $h!, pure and simple.

Did I say anything about Cart, F1, etc?

Are you in a Cart, F1 thread?

Now answer your own question and stumble out to annoy someone else. You know it's too bad that I adamantly defended you when all the other admins wanted to ban you, you've been here maybe half the time I have yet you *THINK* you have the right to pass judgement

That's a load of $h!, pure and simple.

Oh, and yes, this is a reply to a few of your other posts as well.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Did I say anything about Cart, F1, etc?

Are you in a Cart, F1 thread?

Now answer your own question and stumble out to annoy someone else. You know it's too bad that I adamantly defended you when all the other admins wanted to ban you, you've been here maybe half the time I have yet you *THINK* you have the right to pass judgement

That's a load of $h!, pure and simple.

Oh, and yes, this is a reply to a few of your other posts as well.

You said "Nascar has NO talented drivers anymore" So I responded with "So all those drivers that also race in Cart, F1, etc... or at Rolex, Lemans, Dakkar, etc... and do well when they do, at that... They're just talentless?" I don't get what's so hard to understand. You say all Nascar drivers are talentless, yet many of them race in other series or gigs, and do well. Are all drivers of the other racing talentless, too? That's my point.

As far as the second part of the thread... FOG, it wouldn't matter what you did, I would still disagree with what you did and state my opinion on the matter. I don't play favorites and I don't agree with trolling for your own personal agendas, of which you admitted yourself. It's bad for C&G. I've never thought you were a bad person and I've never disliked you, but I still disagree with it. I don't see the correlation between that and me supposedly going out to annoy others and appearantly lacking judgment. I'm here because I enjoy it here. I can be argumentative at times and it has gotten me in trouble, especially back when I was dealing with depression and all sorts of $h!. I don't blame anyone for wanting to ban me. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful you, as well as others, stuck up for me, but this whole situation with you and me is calling it like I see it. It was never anything personal with you. If you're going turn this into a personal beef with me, then so be it, it's your perogative.

Edited by blackviper8891