I no longer have...

Wisdom teeth.

They got "extracted" at 3:00pm today.

Even with the pain meds my jaw hurts like a &$^&%%#*!

I can't smoke a cigar for TWO weeks or drink w/ a straw

for four days... not to mention eat solid food for 3 days.

SUX! :angry:

I had mine taken out while still on active duty. They gave me some very good meds and put me on quarters.

I wound up missing a week of 12 hour shifts and a whole readiness exercise.

Just take it easy Panther and it will soon be over.

I'm not jelious. I had all 4 of mine taken out all at once. Ended up getting put out for the procedure because they were in there so deep. Because of being put out and the heavy narcotic drugs I was given, I was pretty much out for an entire day, and was still pretty useless the next day. I didn't eat anything except jello and applesauce for the first week because I literally couldn't open my mouth to eat anything else. Eating really proved to be a challenge for about 2 weeks. And I looked like a chipmuck. Then when everything started to heal, I constantly had this HORRIBLE taste in my mouth from whatever was oozing out of the openings. It made me gag at times. So......good luck.

Ah, Sixty8 ... I remember when mine were removed. It felt terrible, at times, but the pain pales in comparison to some other things I've had done to me ... he he.

Hope you feel better SOON!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Wow, same boat, Sixty8. I got 2 mine out yesterday at ~8:45 AM. My jaw's more stiff than sore right now, though one side doesn't want to really stop bleeding, which worries me. I had my first "meal" of applesauce this morning, which is the first thing I've eaten since 8 PM on Wednesday night.

I hear ya about the solid food...I'm relegated to applesauce, yogurt, and jello until I go back for my post-op on Wednesday. Can't drive until then, either, since Vicadin makes me sleepy, and the other meds make me hurl.

wow, you guys have had bad experiences.

One of mine had its root wrapped around my jaw bone. He had to break off part of the bone to get it out. All I got was advil, and I was felt fine 24hrs later. Even had a meeting with a customer the next mornin (tooth removed in the evening) and when I mentioned what was done, he was shocked cause he said I looked and sounded normal...well, normal for me. haha

Thanks guys... yeah, the top 2 were removed in 2004 but these

lower 2 were much more impacted and the fragility of the jaw

bone in that spot complicates things. My bottom ones were

so impacted that they had to break each tooth into four pieces

and then rip out the chunks one at a time. So I'm lucky I did

not get a fractured jaw like Marcia did in 2003.

It needed to be done though, the infection, discomfort and

constant halitosis related to their presence was a major

nuisance for the past 4 years or so.

The doc gave me vicodin (sp?) but my g/f had a few percosets

saved from her last medical ordeal so I have been taking those.

Dry-socket scares the hell out of me... when Marcia had hers

extracted she smoked a few days after and then got dry-socket

and from what I remember it was second only to her giving

birth to Sofia but lasted about two weeks. All set with that, lucky

for me I'm not addicted to cigars, I love enjoying a few in the

course of the day but I can stop cold turkey whenever.