I hope GMRULES again

Bought a 77 Cutlass Supreme on Ebay

108 posts in this topic

Well boys I guess I won't be getting a new car anytime soon..... I was the winning bidder on Ebay this week for a 77 Cutlass Supreme. Maybe some of you saw it since it was up there for 10 days. Very nice car, black on red, 1 owner. I can't believe I bought something without even seeing it in person or driving it. I'm picking it up next week and stopping off at Carlisle on my way home.

Here's the listing that the owner had on Ebay,

Looking for a very nice '77 Cutlass? Here it is!! This is one owner car with original title and window sticker. Black with Red interior. ALWAYS GARAGE KEPT!! This is a rust free car. All original with like new rubber. Even has the original GM Olds floor mats. We purchased this car about 2 weeks ago and have driven it approximately 250 miles. Ready to drive anywhere.

Paperwork includes: original title, window sticker, auto warranty, owner's manuel, maintenance schedule, tire warranty, pre-delivery check list, and Federal odometer certification. Also a invoice for muffler and four shocks that were replaced 4-28-93.

This car has had 2 places repaired and painted. One above the trunk lid and below the back glass. The other is on the passenger side front finder. This repair was conveyed to me by the original owner before my purchase. These were NOT body damage but were scratches and cracked paint. The opera window exterior trim needs to be replaced due to discoloration. Due to normal wear, also could use new door to glass rubber seals. Also trunk rubber seal show some wear. But there are NO LEAKS. Look closely at our pictures, there is a damaged place on the driver side edge of the dash pad and also a small damage in the passenger's seat.

Car has approxmiately 94,700 miles and has been serviced by the owner since new. Oil, tires, filters, batteries and lubes. Oil changed every 3,000 miles until it was removed as a daily driver app. 6 years ago. It was then tagged under Antique and driven very little. The oil was then changed yearly with 10-30 Havoline.

We are supplying 14 pictures of this Classic, to show any and all damage and normal wear. There are no mechanical problems as far as we can tell. Air Condition and AM-FM 8 track tape player works great.

This is a partial listing off of the original window sticker. Power steering, power brakes, front disc. Bumper impact strips. Tinted windows. Air. Tilt. Cruise. Bucket seats with console. 350 V8. Turbo hydra-matic transmission. 2.41 gear ratio. Super stock II wheels.[/size]

Edited by I hope GMRULES again

I've got some experience with a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. :P

Remember XP's red/white fire-chief's car that I was storing at my house?

I remember seeing that, it was a 4 door wasn't it? Mine is a really nice 2 door with the rally wheels, vinyl roof etc. I'll try and link some pics off it here.

Mine is a really nice 2 door with the rally wheels, vinyl roof etc. I'll try and link some pics off it here.

PLEASE do! Lookin' forward to seeing it!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I knew she was a jewel in disguise" ... Kathy Mattea ... '455 Rocket'

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, again :)!!!

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

Sweet!

Really,really, nice find. That car is in amazingly good condition, and the colors are perfect!

Well Done!

That looks pretty bad-ass! :thumbsup:

Nice find!

I like it.

I really didn't know much about coupes of that vintage so I'm surprised to see how far forward the rear seat is. Looks like it's actually pretty easy to get in and out of. Most modern coupes have the rear seat further back from the door.

Cool, nice vintage Detroit iron.

XP was joking about buying another 1977 Cutty... 4 door.

Sweet Olds, I think I looked at this car a few days ago and really liked it. Congrats and good luck with it...be sure to take more pics when you pick it up :thumbsup:

Yes dad! Thought you were gonna chicken out, can't wait for wednesday when we go to get it! Maybe you'll let me drive her one day..

Thanks for the comments and please keep them coming. I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the photos. The timing was perfect since my brother and some friends were going to Carlisle next week anyways so we're going to leave a day early and get this baby in Virginia and then turn around and head back north to Carlisle.These were still A bodies. My Father had a 76 Cutlass Supreme and that was the car that we had when I got into cars so I've always loved them. Does anyone know how it works in Virginia for the transfer? The original owners are older and don't really know ... they said once I get there and pay for the car they sign over the title and I'm on my way. I'm assuming I will then go to a DMV and get a transit that enables me to drive for a couple of days. The plan will be to leave Carlisle Sunday morning and head for upstate New York to a friends house where I will have to leave the car for a few days because I have to go to the border and give them the paper work so they can run a check on the car before its allowed to be exported out of the U.S. There is a lot of red tape involved but it should all be worth it in the end. I plan to document the whole trip and have lots of pics. :pbjtime:

I plan to document the whole trip and have lots of pics.

AWESOME! Lookin' forward to seeing those pics :).

And, yeah, your chain of events seems about right. I last bought a car in 2003 ... my '87 MC LS ... picked it up near Cincy OH. I simply paid the previous owners the agreed amount, then we went to a DMV for me to get temporary plates ... and then I drove it back to IL. Once I got home, the next week, I went into our DMV to get the registration done for IL....

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com

Congrats on you purchase, is the 77 considered an A body? I lost track after 73.

For most folks A body = '64-77 and G body '78-88

However, officially per GM it is actually '64-81= A body and '82-88 G body.

Thanks for the comments and please keep them coming. I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the photos. The timing was perfect since my brother and some friends were going to Carlisle next week anyways so we're going to leave a day early and get this baby in Virginia and then turn around and head back north to Carlisle.These were still A bodies. My Father had a 76 Cutlass Supreme and that was the car that we had when I got into cars so I've always loved them. Does anyone know how it works in Virginia for the transfer? The original owners are older and don't really know ... they said once I get there and pay for the car they sign over the title and I'm on my way. I'm assuming I will then go to a DMV and get a transit that enables me to drive for a couple of days. The plan will be to leave Carlisle Sunday morning and head for upstate New York to a friends house where I will have to leave the car for a few days because I have to go to the border and give them the paper work so they can run a check on the car before its allowed to be exported out of the U.S. There is a lot of red tape involved but it should all be worth it in the end. I plan to document the whole trip and have lots of pics. :pbjtime:

Every state is different, but I would advise you to have the seller's signature on the title notarized. An auto tag place can do this and may be able to give you the transit documents as well. I'd do some phone work and get as much set up ahead of time in Virginia as possible.

Loooking forward to the pics and story. And to seeing the car in person at Carlisle!

Every state is different, but I would advise you to have the seller's signature on the title notarized. An auto tag place can do this and may be able to give you the transit documents as well. I'd do some phone work and get as much set up ahead of time in Virginia as possible.

Loooking forward to the pics and story. And to seeing the car in person at Carlisle!

Is an auto tag place the same thing as a DMV office? I can't get through to Virginia DMV cause they only have 1-800 numbers on thier web site and they don't work from Canada.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room