2008 Buick Ordering Guide

Flybrian

2008 LaCrosse
Posted Image

Deletions
  • (AK5) frontal, driver and right front passenger air bags, includes Passenger Sensing System (front passenger air bag status indicated on inside rearview mirror)
  • (C67) single-zone manual air conditioning with rear seat heating/cooling outlets
  • Analog instrumentation with speedometer, temperature, fuel, tachometer, trip odometer, door and trunk ajar, washer fluid level and oil-life monitor
  • (AP8) extended-range Remote Keyless Entry, enables dealer-installed remote start system
  • (U1C) AM/FM stereo with CD player, seek-and-scan, digital clock and 6 speakers
  • (NK5) 4-spoke steering wheel with mounted cruise controls
  • (PCX) Chrome Enhancement Package
  • Chrome surround grille with graphite colored accents
  • (P23) 17" (43.2 cm) 8-spoke chromed aluminum wheels
  • (J65) 4-wheel disc brakes
  • Exterior color (46U) Slatestone Metallic
  • Exterior color (49U) Dark Garnet Metallic
  • Exterior color (53U) Sandstone Metallic
  • (B36) Regular production accessory, Interior Protection Package
  • (D52) Regular production accessory, rear spoiler
New Features
  • 4WN19 Super model
    -- Unique bodywork, portholes and interior enhancements
    -- (U2K) XM Satellite Radio
    -- (U3L) AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player includes (U88) Concert Sound III 9-speaker system
    -- Leather-appointed seating with Dream Weave inserts in (433) Cocoa and (833) Titanium
    -- (QDG) P235/50R18 all-season, blackwall tires
    -- (NW5) 18" (45.7 cm) painted aluminum wheels
    -- (FR2) 2.93 ratio axle
    -- (LS4) 5.3L V8 SFI engine with 300 hp and 323 lb-ft of torque
    -- Dual stainless-steel exhaust with chromed tips
    -- (FE4) 4-wheel independent, Special Ride and Handling suspension
    -- (JL4) StabiliTrak - Stability Control System
  • Augusta/Pinehurst interior fabric
  • Chrome, waterfall grille
  • Exterior color (27U) Scarlett Red
  • Exterior color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic
  • Exterior color (76U) Dark Mocha Metallic
  • Exterior color (87U) Dark Slate Metallic
  • Interior trim color (432) and (433) Cocoa
  • Interior trim color (53B) and (532) Neutral
  • Interior trim color (83B), (832) and (833) Titanium
Changes
  • (AP9) trunk cargo net became standard on CX
  • (U68) Instrumentation with Driver Information Center, became standard on CX
  • Extended range remote keyless entry became standard on all models
  • (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system became standard on all models
  • Personalization features became standard on all models
  • (U2K) XM Satellite Radio became standard on CX and CXL
  • (N37) tilt and telescopic steering column became standard on CX and CXL
  • (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted cruise controls became standard on CX
  • (UK3) Steering wheel mounted audio controls became standard on all models
  • (UA6) Content theft alarm, theft-deterrent system became standard on all models
  • (DH6) driver and front passenger visors with illuminated vanity mirrors became standard on CX
  • (R13) Chromed Appearance Package became standard on all models
  • (JL4) StabiliTrak - Stability Control System now standard on CXS, available on CXL
  • (CJ2) dual-zone automatic climate control, air conditioning becomes standard on CX
  • (AG2) front passenger 6-way power seat adjuster is now included and only available with (PCI) Driver Confidence Package on CXL and CXS.
  • (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats became standard on CXL and CXS
  • (AM9) rear split-folding seats became available on CXL and are included and only available with (PDD) Comfort and Convenience Package or available to order free-flow for Fleet or Government orders on CX
  • (AL9) driver 2-way power lumbar seat adjuster is now included and only available with (PDD) Comfort and Convenience Package or available to order free-flow for Fleet or Government orders on CX
  • (PDD) Comfort and Convenience Package available on CX now contains: (AL9) driver 2-way power lumbar seat adjuster, (AM9) rear split-folding seat with armrest and dual cup holders and (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats

-----------------

2008 Lucerne Changes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Deletions
  • (U1C) AM/FM stereo with CD player audio system
  • (PCJ) Entertainment Package
  • (NK5) 4-spoke steering wheel
  • Exterior color (49U) Dark Garnet Metallic
  • Exterior color (53U) Sandstone Metallic
  • Exterior color (86U) Crimson Pearl Tintcoat
  • Exterior color (93U) White Gold FlashTricoat
  • CXL V8 no longer available (CXL V6 continues)
  • (N75) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) Pearl Nickel-finish aluminum
  • (PZ3) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) Pearl Nickel-finish aluminum
New Features
  • Exterior color (12U) Dark Crimson Metallic
  • Exterior color (76U) Dark Mocha Metallic
  • Exterior color (89U) Crystal Red Tint-Coat
  • Exterior color (98U) White Diamond Tricoat
  • Bright Silver (N75) 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum wheels replace Pearl Nickel-finish
  • Bright Silver (PZ3) 18" (45.7 cm) aluminum wheels replace Pearl Nickel-finish
  • (UFL) Lane Departure Warning
  • (UFT) Side Blind Zone Alert
  • (NSH) heated wood steering wheel with walnut burl finish
  • (N37) power tilt and telescopic steering column available on CXS only
  • (TSA) Black-chrome finish grille with chrome surrounds available on CXL and standard on CXS
Changes
  • (U2K) XM Satellite Radio now standard on all models
  • (JL4) StabiliTrak - Stability Control System with Brake Assist now available on V6 models, CX and CXL
  • (PCI) Driver Confidence Package now standard on CXS
  • (CE1) Rainsense wipers moved to (PCI) Driver Confidence Package
  • Angled stitching on CX and CXL interior door trim
  • Premium Exterior Colors: (76U) Dark Mocha Metallic, (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat, (98U) White Diamond Tricoat and (99U) Sharkskin now available on CX

-----------------

Does anyone know what the interior trim codes equate to? For the LaX I think the 432 and 433 interior is the monochromatic cocoa interior they previewed on the Super, but what is 53B that is teamed with the nuetral and 83B that is teamed with 832 and 833 titanium? I always liked the ebony/nuetral interior on the CXS.

Okay so they add much needed standard equipment to the LaCrosse but totally neglect the Lucerne and just give it std XM radio. How incredibly lame is this. Expect market share to shrink even more for 2008.

LAME. LAME. LAME. These f@#kers are lame.

Kudos to the LaCrosse for adding equipment I would have ordered as standard (leather wheel, telescoping wheel, cargo net). Then, they take a feature that would just make too much sense to have it be a stand-alone option for those who want it: the folding rear seat ...and force you into an option package. Ever tried to bring home a load of baseboard from Home Depot in a conventional car? Those f@#ks. They did the same thing with the Grand Prix. A person cannot order the front passenger folding seat as a stand-alone item.

The other bull$h! is the colors. Why have all these base cost and extra cost variants of red and burgundy? A nice steel blue and a rich sapphire blue aren't even on the palette and Buick owners (particularly the Geritol set) often opt for Buicks in shades of blue. Blue, when first introduced on the LaCrosse, was a flattering color for the car.

Edited by trinacriabob

Calm down Bob, calm down:

The LaCrosse has Midnight Blue Metallic as a color.

The Lucerne has Light Quartz Metallic and Ming Blue Metallic.

The Enclave has Ming Blue Metallic.

Is that enough blue for the blue-haired crowd?

You know what two colors I'm TIRED of seeing Buicks in? Beige and light silver. UGH. I mean, in my opinion you just can't get more boring than that.

I'm anxious to see green make it's way back into cars' rotation of color. I like the sagemist metallic on the Lucerne, but I'd like to see some deep greens offered again. I realize that phased out in the 90's, but hopefully it'll come back.

Now Paulie, maybe Bob picked up the wrong box of Grecian Formula this time and his hair is a little bluer than usual. A guy's gotta be color-coordinated! :AH-HA_wink:

I have a stockpile (they had a sale) so there is no picking up the wrong box. It's a canister with foam. You should try some!

Calm down Bob, calm down:

The LaCrosse has Midnight Blue Metallic as a color.

The Lucerne has Light Quartz Metallic and Ming Blue Metallic.

The Enclave has Ming Blue Metallic.

Is that enough blue for the blue-haired crowd?

I know, but it's the "nature of the blues." Remember the first 2 years of the car: they had the Glacier Blue Metallic and the Sapphire Blue Metallic. The former was easy on the eyes and worked with the gray interior well. The latter was really deep and rich (almost too much so) and worked with either gray or tan interiors. The current Midnight Blue is so limousine dark that it starts to straddle the black. My question is, then, why bother? I like any metallic shade of blue toward the lighter third of the spectrum (see my 1984 Cutlass Brougham in the Olds pix at the top of that forum). That was the nicest color for the mid-1980s Olds and they ran it about 3 years. I would have to say that the Light Quartz Metallic on the Lucerne should be shared with the other 2 vehicles they purvey.

And, the split folding rear seat....you know it's standard on both the base GP and MC. Either offer it free of charge or make it a stand alone option. Where I live, I have no use for a package that includes heated ^_^ seats.

Sometimes they just don't think.

Edited by trinacriabob

Yeah I never really liked the Ming (Navy) Blue Metallic-I just think navy blue is dark and boring, and most vehicles that have that color are boring and have little or no personality (full-sized trucks, Lucerne, former Malibus, etc.) Midnight Blue is okay, but why didn't the 2007's Polar Blue expand? Light Quartz Metallic appears to be more Lavender than Blue, very nice, IMO.

It is so absolutely dead-on important that we get more real wood in our cars. After all at a time with an unprecedented amount of illegal logging it is dire we make a larger market for wood so that we can brag loudly to the Jones' next door at how much more authentic our vehicle looks with worthless dead tree in it.

Any argument one can make for the absolute necessity for "real" wood in a vehicle is arbitrary compared to the countless homes of other species seems very narrow minded and haughty. Especially for something as simple as "bragging rights," because there is no useful features of real wood. Undoubtedly some would say that the fake wood doesn't come near the quality of real wood. In the my 1987 LeSabre I owned, this would be true, it was paper with a pathetic attempt at wood print. Today it is virtually indistinguishable and if given panels (meaning without a car attached to the panels so the person cant hurry up and look it up and see if the make comes with real wood or not) of fake and real wood I'm sure many of the supposed "experts" on this topic would probably be fooled more than once.

Maybe I'm wrong but ultimately this is arbitrary. I love cars and their functionality is key to today's society. I am in no way a hippie tree hugger but this is a new generation now and sustainable living is going to be the key for my future existence as well as the generations that will come after me. I understand that I'm in a car forum and that the carbon dioxide released by vehicles is potentially way more damaging. However that was not what I was focusing on in this thread and I will be the first to say that GM should work harder getting in to the alternative fuel sources if not simply because of the tripling in the price of gas in half a decade.

And to make sure it's clear this isn't directed toward anyone in particular, I just notice from time to time the repetitive disappointment from people that "real" wood isn't in their car. Internationally, no matter which way you slice it, forests are depleting at an unsustainable rate. And while it may not effect older generations whose time here on Earth is a lot more limited, it's time for younger generations like mine (I'm 23) to confront silly amenities. Let's keep our tree usage for things that are more... useful? Not just something to brag about to someone who probably doesn't care.

Because for every die-hard real wood lover in this forum there are thousands who really could care less. So who are you trying to impress? Certainly not most people and I doubt you spend time after you turn your key and shut your car off after a long day of work to look at your beautiful special real wood.

The reason why I say this is only because there is a much bigger reason behind my feelings. Buick may be going through slogan after slogan (Spirit of American style, Dream on, Beyond Precision) but Buick to me always meant one thing and is why I still love Buick to this day. Affordable Luxury. I am a simple man with simple taste, I like to be comfortable, I like to have some power, and I like my car to be useful. However I do not want to brag about pointless things, especially about real wood. Because seriously nobody cares. If two cars came down to comparison over the "real" or "fake" wood then that is a pretty pathetic argument. Both are covered by a layer of plastic ANYWAY- not that touching polished wood is any sort of experience in the first place. Another example of this is Buick attempting to become the quietest of quiet vehicles. I understand to boost its image to compare to the haughty Lexus with its bowler cap, mustache, and monocle Buick had to try and show that Lexus doesn't have it all... but seriously if you're going to make me pay for a vehicle thats "affordable luxury" just make sure it's quiet enough.

America is becoming way too picky over arbitrary things such as real wood and deafening silence. Enjoy a little growl from the engine, appreciate that your driving a car that cost a good few hundred dollars less because it didn't have the precious real wood in it. Do these things make a car boring and basic? No. It's the quality Buick should focus on and the image will change as soon as Buick creates a vehicle for a much younger image. The CTS was designed for someone a little younger than the LaCrosse. Make a coupe and make it right (and don't share it) and that will win Buick more praise than any stupid real wood or quiet tuning.

I understand that this opinion probably isn't the majority but it's my opinion and I enjoy debating when I have the time.

Edited by Cananopie

LAME. LAME. LAME. These f@#kers are lame.

Kudos to the LaCrosse for adding equipment I would have ordered as standard (leather wheel, telescoping wheel, cargo net). Then, they take a feature that would just make too much sense to have it be a stand-alone option for those who want it: the folding rear seat ...and force you into an option package. Ever tried to bring home a load of baseboard from Home Depot in a conventional car? Those f@#ks. They did the same thing with the Grand Prix. A person cannot order the front passenger folding seat as a stand-alone item.

The other bull$h! is the colors. Why have all these base cost and extra cost variants of red and burgundy? A nice steel blue and a rich sapphire blue aren't even on the palette and Buick owners (particularly the Geritol set) often opt for Buicks in shades of blue. Blue, when first introduced on the LaCrosse, was a flattering color for the car.

The other thing these idiotic car manufacturers are doing is eliminating bodyside protective moldings on everything in sight which leaves the sides of the cars naked, unprotected and plain/generic looking. The Impala and G6 join the G5/Cobalt in dropping the moldings as standard equipment and instead bundling them up in some expensive option package. Oh but we now get XM satelite radio as std equipment but antilock brakes are still optional on most of these models but they have XM! The idiots making these asinine decisions should all be issued pink slips for utterly stupid decsions. And the person in charge of leaving the 3800 to wither to it's rather pathetic 197 HP state in the flagship Lucerne should be hung by his toenails.

What I can't understand is why they can't make the fake wood more convincing. Some of it is downright horrendous.

What I can't understand is why they can't make the real wood more convincing. I've been asked more than once if the steering wheel and shifter wood in the CTS is real... because it looks fake to the questioner.

I'm a little confused...

... I've looked in the ordering guide and I've noticed that there is no choice for an ebony interior in the LaCrosse anymore... yet it's not listed under "deletions". Is it gone or is it just a typo? I'm assuming it's gone and cocoa is the new black?

So they've killed the Lucerne CXL with the V8 and they are still soldiering on with the 3.8l V6 and 4 spd auto? :duh: Just when you think GM is starting to figure stuff out they continue to do stupid stuff like this. They almost had a 35 year old sold on a Lucerne as his next family car (to replace a modified Saab 9-2X Aero no less!) but they still can't manage to figure out they need the high feature V6 and 6 speed auto in the thing before people stop considering the damn thing an old mans car. To top it off, you can now only get the V8 in the top of the line model? Too much for me. I guess I'll have to find something else to buy and just enjoy the wifes 2007 Saturn Aura XR for now.

I know the LaCrosse is considered boring or whatever, but I think the new grill makes a world of difference. I was going to hold out till the end of the year for the great incentives on an '07, but now I am really thinking about an '08. I know no one likes the interior, but it is okay with me... has plenty of room for me... and is a hell of a lot better than my S-10... yeah, it is kinda basic, but it gets the job done and that is all I expect for low to mid 20ks.

Here is my problem with GM cars these days... the colors! The Cadillac DTS comes in like three colors of silver and I cannot get one Chevy or Buick in green. The Mocha is a good change for next year and a boldish step in the right direction, but they really need step it up here... an '08 LaCrosse in the light green color the Saab 9-3 has would really look good I think. I'm not saying we need Buicks in bright yellow or orange... but we do need something brighter, crisper, and younger.

I'm 27, and a LaCrosse will be my second new Buick... clearly I'm not the typical Buick customer. I like the fact that it is an historic brand, I like the reliability, I like the size, I like driving something different from my peers, I like the price, and I don't mind the styling... I just don't care for the colors. I think they are using the same colors from 10 years ago.

Just my two cents.

I know the LaCrosse is considered boring or whatever, but I think the new grill makes a world of difference. I was going to hold out till the end of the year for the great incentives on an '07, but now I am really thinking about an '08. I know no one likes the interior, but it is okay with me... has plenty of room for me... and is a hell of a lot better than my S-10... yeah, it is kinda basic, but it gets the job done and that is all I expect for low to mid 20ks.

Here is my problem with GM cars these days... the colors! The Cadillac DTS comes in like three colors of silver and I cannot get one Chevy or Buick in green. The Mocha is a good change for next year and a boldish step in the right direction, but they really need step it up here... an '08 LaCrosse in the light green color the Saab 9-3 has would really look good I think. I'm not saying we need Buicks in bright yellow or orange... but we do need something brighter, crisper, and younger.

I'm 27, and a LaCrosse will be my second new Buick... clearly I'm not the typical Buick customer. I like the fact that it is an historic brand, I like the reliability, I like the size, I like driving something different from my peers, I like the price, and I don't mind the styling... I just don't care for the colors. I think they are using the same colors from 10 years ago.

Just my two cents.

I agree. 8 shades of tan and silver are annoying. Buick and GM in general should come out with some more bolder colors. I don't know why people refuse to associate class with bold colors. A bright blue, green, or red Buick would only draw attention to Buick's positive aspects, not turn people away. And the not add costs... just remove like one or 2 shades of silver or tan.

The Cadillac DTS comes in like three colors of silver and I cannot get one Chevy or Buick in green. The Mocha is a good change for next year and a boldish step in the right direction, but they really need step it up here... an '08 LaCrosse in the light green color the Saab 9-3 has would really look good I think.

Just my two cents.

Not true... 10 years ago, Buick offered a nice forest green. But I totally agree with you.

I agree. 8 shades of tan and silver are annoying. Buick and GM in general should come out with some more bolder colors. I don't know why people refuse to associate class with bold colors. A bright blue, green, or red Buick would only draw attention to Buick's positive aspects, not turn people away. And the not add costs... just remove like one or 2 shades of silver or tan.

Well, what really irks me is that they came out with the midnight amethyst metallic color for the Rendezvous and LaCrosse for 2007, but uh, c'mon... a bold color like that never belongs on cars like those. Nice try, but what were they thinking?