I'm surprised...

I dont think GM gives a state-by-state breakdown of sales. You really cant gauge overall sales of a car from personal observation because its such a limited sample. Hell, if I go by personal observation, I'd think that the Sonata outsells the Camry (which I rarely see) and the Tundra outsells the Silverado 5-1 and the Sierra 100-1.

I dont think GM gives a state-by-state breakdown of sales. You really cant gauge overall sales of a car from personal observation because its such a limited sample. Hell, if I go by personal observation, I'd think that the Sonata outsells the Camry (which I rarely see) and the Tundra outsells the Silverado 5-1 and the Sierra 100-1.

There's a higher percentage of Toyota's in Lexington and surrounding area than anywhere else I've ever been, likely because a lot of people work at the Georgetown plant, so a lot of people get a discount.

Wow! the local picture there is SO different than it is here. On just the vehicles you mentioned, the situation here is completely different. I rarely see a Sonata but Camrys are everywhere, the Tundra is a non-starter and GMT 900s are everywhere in both pickup and SUV form.

I'd love to see a state-by-state breakdown , or even a regional one.

For what it is, it's a sharp looking car.

I too would recomend it to a friend if

they were shopping FWD $h!boxes,

esp. Japanese Cookie Cutter sedans.

It's the lesser of two evils.

I see plenty of Camry's... A guys a know owns 10 cars, one old Bug, and a few Stangs, new family car a 2007 white Camry LE! (4cyl. automatic! YUCK!) I told him go with an Impala, 500, or even Accord!

Edited by gm4life

Wow! the local picture there is SO different than it is here. On just the vehicles you mentioned, the situation here is completely different. I rarely see a Sonata but Camrys are everywhere, the Tundra is a non-starter and GMT 900s are everywhere in both pickup and SUV form.

That's because you live in the middle of a nest of Saturn dealers.

Saturn of Devon

Saturn of West Chester

Saturn of Newark

In Delaware I have yet to see one on the road, and we are what 20 - 30 miles apart, at the most?

*nods*

Given the differences of what people see in their area, I would, too.

Course ... all of these anecdotal sharings just re-emphasize that "perception is reality".....

*chuckles*

When I was younger ... on family road trips, I'd spend an afternoon or so making a game of Ford vs. Chevy, Chevy vs. Dodge, Dodge vs. Ford ... in counting the cars I saw on the other side of the highway.... It was weird how in one stretch of road, one make seemed to blast the other ... then just be the opposite on the next stretch of road.....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I can’t stop driving" ... New Radicals ... 'Someday We'll Know'

That's because you live in the middle of a nest of Saturn dealers.

Saturn of Devon

Saturn of West Chester

Saturn of Newark

In Delaware I have yet to see one on the road, and we are what 20 - 30 miles apart, at the most?

You do have a point.

I hate to admit that I didn't even realize that Saturn of Devon still existed. Newark isn't all that close, but West Chester is and there are others not too far away. There are plenty of Saturns around here generally, so I guess that would have an effect.

I see plenty of Camry's... A guys a know owns 10 cars, one old Bug, and a few Stangs, new family car a 2007 white Camry LE! (4cyl. automatic! YUCK!) I told him go with an Impala, 500, or even Accord!

sometimes wives don't put out unless a camry is in the garage.

Yeah that is true...

Here is his garge...

1968 Chevrolet Corvette (327 4bbl. Auto)

1968 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (350 4bbl. 4spd)

1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (351 4bbl. Auto)

1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (302 4bbl. 4spd)

1972 VW Bettle Droptop (4spd)

1995 Ford Mustang Droptop (V6 Auto)

1998 Chevrolet Astro AWD Conversion Van (4.3L V6 LOADED)

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition (2.4L Auto)

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe (2.2L Auto)

2007 Toyota Camry LE (2.4L Auto)

Look at those cars and look at the only one that looks outta place. I think its the Toyota, most everything eles is domestic of a classic car!

I've yet to see one that wasn't on a car carrier. Granted... the nearest Saturn dealer is 50+ miles away. :P

Wow, you really ARE in the sticks.

Yeah that is true...

Here is his garge...

1968 Chevrolet Corvette (327 4bbl. Auto)

1968 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (350 4bbl. 4spd)

1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (351 4bbl. Auto)

1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (302 4bbl. 4spd)

1972 VW Bettle Droptop (4spd)

1995 Ford Mustang Droptop (V6 Auto)

1998 Chevrolet Astro AWD Conversion Van (4.3L V6 LOADED)

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition (2.4L Auto)

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe (2.2L Auto)

2007 Toyota Camry LE (2.4L Auto)

Look at those cars and look at the only one that looks outta place. I think its the Toyota, most everything eles is domestic of a classic car!

The man obviously has some sense. Not just one but TWO vintage Mustangs!

Chris

I live in SE lower Michigan so my view is definitely skewed from the rest of the U.S. as far as what I see driving around. You see quite a few Aura's around here, though I only recall seeing one other one on the road before we picked ours up in November. Still, I too am shocked they aren't selling that well on a national level. I'm sure part of it is a smaller dealer network and part of it is L-x00 owners who wanted a new car before the Aura came out wound up in Camry's or Accords. Hopefully when they are ready to dump those cars they will come back to the Saturn fold. We love our Aura. :thumbsup:

then she can sleep in the garage...

he <she?> drives what I buy him

there are a lot of men married to women that control what cars are bought in the families......not in my house (i pick all the cars here) but I have two friends who got Pilots last year, not by their choice, and the list of whipped men is a lot longer. And even then, the guys still aren't getting it any more I guess. But at least they get nagged less I think.

How else did the Camcords get so popular?

then she can sleep in the garage...

he <she?> drives what I buy him

there are a lot of men married to women that control what cars are bought in the families......not in my house (i pick all the cars here) but I have two friends who got Pilots last year, not by their choice, and the list of whipped men is a lot longer. And even then, the guys still aren't getting it any more I guess. But at least they get nagged less I think.

I'm wondering if my friend Steve is going to let his new wife control his car choices...his cars from his single guy days are an '02 Maxima SE and a '91 Acura NSX. She has a '99 Intrepid, and has been hinting that she wants a new Lexus RX for her birthday next month... I don't know if he's going to cave or not...

A coworker of mine was really interested in a Wrangler 4dr, but his wife convinced him to get a RAV4. Another coworker drove an '97 Grand Cherokee and an '02 Mustang GT convertible, after marriage both are gone--she has a new Lexus RX and he has a Prius now.

I live in SE lower Michigan so my view is definitely skewed from the rest of the U.S. as far as what I see driving around. You see quite a few Aura's around here, though I only recall seeing one other one on the road before we picked ours up in November. Still, I too am shocked they aren't selling that well on a national level. I'm sure part of it is a smaller dealer network and part of it is L-x00 owners who wanted a new car before the Aura came out wound up in Camry's or Accords. Hopefully when they are ready to dump those cars they will come back to the Saturn fold. We love our Aura. :thumbsup:

Just another reason GM should have kept Olds and dumped Saturn!

My wife will NEVER control my automobile purchases and she knows it! Hell, both of my cars have manual transmissions and she can't drive a car with a manual trans. Still, I don't dictate what cars she will purchase either. I try to guide her towards certain vehicles (she trusts my opinion) but ultimately its up to her what she gets. That's why I was glad when she decided on an Aura!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife picks the color and says what style of car she wants but I do the picking! :D Hell would freeze over if my wife did the picking then again the only imports she would consider are Mazda or Honda. Actually she likes Ford, Dodge and GM. *Says Chrysler is for old people!*

Edited by gm4life