Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

DIRTY DANCING -NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER

56 posts in this topic

ok, was channel flipping they had Dirty Dancing on sat tonight. got stuck on it...again

I don't care if this is THE quintissential chick flick....I LOVE THIS MOVIE.

Ok, maybe it's the second bottle of wine tonight. Two nights in a row, drinking at home. I'm on board with this.

All you guy guys say what you want about Patrick Swayze....

that Jennifer Grey, I'd bust that. Damn. Not just once. But maybe a couple 2-3 hundred times.

Vastly underrated she was. It's a shame the face didn't match the bod. Then, when she tried to fix it, she went too far and 'bye bye career'.

So anyways, the movie itself. Great soundtrack. One of those 'period' movies and 'coming of age' movies at the same time. The acting is marginal at best but somehow the raw emotion and feeling of the time comes across and the story is well told. Plenty of heat, and big ending. As Ebert would say 'thumbs up'.

There is a guy I used to work with that hates this movie. He is like 32 now and still single. I told him he should rent this movie and watch it with a date or something and he'd be guaranteed to score. He said he hates the movie so much he wouldn't care. I told him, 'that explains why you are and will forever be single'.

The first time I saw this movie I was working overnight stock crew at a target store (yes, like 18 years ago) and our shift manager lady chick brought in the movie to watch over break. I could not believe how 'psyched' this movie got the women. I just thought it was an ok movie but after they kept going on and on about it I got that women like to watch movies about situations and feeling s they envision themselves in. Then eventually i started dating my wife and she liked the movie too.

There is a lot of cheesiness to the movie but that's what makes it timeless.

That, and an excellent soundtrack. Every song as it is presented in the movie captures every moment of the story brilliantly.

So what is the verdict on this movie and patrick swayze and jennifer grey? more wine./......

\

any other chick movies you guys get caught staying on when channel flipping?

Edited by regfootball

:blink::huh::lol:How's your head this morning, reg?

Jerry Orbach was that movie.

You do realize Jennifer Grey is 47 years old now. Jesus, she is older than ocnblu and that's saying something! :scared:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Auggghhh....I remember that movie too well..it came out right before my senior year in high school. It's theme song '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' was the main song at my senior prom.. I remember for a while that that song, 'Hungry Eyes' and 'She's Like The Wind' were on the radio constantly.

I can't believe it's been almost 20 years since Dirty Dancing...but I've had my 5.0 almost 20 years, and my 20th HS reunion is a little over a year away..

Edited by moltar

..it came out right before my senior year in high school. It's theme song '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' was the main song at my senior prom..

...at least you went to it! :lol: I couldn't line up a date!

...at least you went to it! :lol: I couldn't line up a date!

I told you to lose the Pocket Protector! :smilewide:

Custom-S, I will have you know I am going to be featured on a very special episode of "Pimp My Walker"... watch for it! :angry: :AH-HA_wink:

Bob, you poor thing... even I went to my Senior Prom with a lucky young lady. :P

Edited by ocnblu

I told you to lose the Pocket Protector! :smilewide:

Never had one! Just a LOT of pepperoni on my face at the time!

TMI!

You mean you had a clear complexion at 17 !?

I became a hairy beast very early and never had a skin issue.

P-C-S, you wear your hairiness like a "badge of honor" :AH-HA_wink:

Seriously, I can laugh at the acne era because I wound up with a really clean complexion since my mid-20s...so it's cool.

Edited by trinacriabob

There is a guy I used to work with that hates this movie. He is like 32 now and still single. I told him he should rent this movie and watch it with a date or something and he'd be guaranteed to score. He said he hates the movie so much he wouldn't care. I told him, 'that explains why you are and will forever be single'.

Well, is he both a geek and an architect, reg, that could explain a thing or two about his marital status?

:blink::huh::lol:How's your head this morning, reg?

ah, $h! blu....my head was fine this morning. i got up about 630 and drank some water and went back to bed and got up and even made 1030 church.

about 2 bottles last night and a bottle and a half the night before. had a headache after the first night but not today.

we recently made a big wine purchase and the rack was overflowing. when the rack is overflowing, you must partake. and thus i drank from the sweet bottles.

wine poop is nasty, though.....LOL between all the wine and pomegranet juice i drank this wkd, i think my antioxidants are taken care of for a while.

truth is, had i not fallen asleep last night, i would have drank another bottle. it was going down. funny what crosses your mind when you drink wine at home. anything from sheer relaxation to 'will my possibly bi-sexual ex coworker ever show me her rack if i get her drunk enough' to 'damn, i didn't realize there was this many channels on satellite'.......

Well, is he both a geek and an architect, reg, that could explain a thing or two about his marital status?

well, he is a tech only, and his continual lack of LTR relationship and pickiness with women are really making me start to wonder if......

as if the flashdance style apparel in one if his MS pics from his HS era doesn't make me wonder if.......

Look out, architect nerd dude! Reg has his eye on you! Is anything safe from The Love Bomb, aka regfootball? :AH-HA_wink:

well, he is a tech only, and his continual lack of LTR relationship and pickiness with women are really making me start to wonder if......

as if the flashdance style apparel in one if his MS pics from his HS era doesn't make me wonder if.......

whoa...whoa...

if he, or anyone else, can objectively afford to be picky, then I would have an issue if they weren't somewhat picky. I've never set across the table from a single mom and picked up the tab...that's one of my big "issues" in life...to me single means "childless"...

what is an MS pic?

Look out, architect nerd dude! Reg has his eye on you! Is anything safe from The Love Bomb, aka regfootball? :AH-HA_wink:

this XY only likes the XX. nice try..lol but that guy, who knows, he might be an XY guy. He's had access to plenty of P. I'm begininning to wonder.........

I liked the movie...not sure why though. :scratchchin:

It was a big fave of my mom though...

Always loved the soundtrack....

but that guy, who knows, he might be an XY guy. He's had access to plenty of P. I'm begininning to wonder.........

so I take it he's decent looking...then, if he's had access to P of the recreational variety and he turned it down, something may be wrong. If he's had access to P of the entanglement variety, can you blame him?

reasonable, decent looking, single P, without too many hangups.

So Bobby, you always seem to find something "wrong" with women. What's your story? :scratchchin:

That '57 Chevy is the best part of the movie!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0