Congrats! It's too bad you couldn't get a tan interior (or fog lights). The gray is kind of overwhelming but at least there's metallic trim to help out....and the design itself is nice. The car looks really good from side profile. Hope you have good luck with it!

So is this the 2.7L?

I spy...a Shadow!

My mom wanted gray because she was sick of tan. And it has the 2.4 WHICH in reality only has 2 less hp then altima. It is so quiet and the ride is so smooth. Totally unexpected...I never expected such a refined ride.

Yeah you spy a shadow...the ugliest car on the block..the whole hood is bare metal and rust..so gross. And the paint color doesnt help either.

My mom wanted gray because she was sick of tan. And it has the 2.4 WHICH in reality only has 2 less hp then altima. It is so quiet and the ride is so smooth. Totally unexpected...I never expected such a refined ride.

Yeah you spy a shadow...the ugliest car on the block..the whole hood is bare metal and rust..so gross. And the paint color doesnt help either.

Yeah that color is gross...so are the hubcaps! Is tan an option across the line now or is it still limited to the Limited models? Nice camera by the way...I don't see grain in the images...you bastard :P

Actually didn't think I'd be saying this but for 14 grand that's a lot of damned car for the money. I was thinking they were more of a 20-25k car.

Chris

well they obviously are 20-25k cars but we went on the memorial day big weekend sale. The sale car that they had advertised was the exact one we bought. And they only had one at that price so we were lucky.

Just came back from a ride....I still can't believe that we paid that little for it.

...........like the outside, luv the dash, the gages, HATE the seats. Did Chevy/Dodge get a 2for1 deal on those seats? Almost makes the Malibu seats look good! :lol:

Hey congrats on the new car it looks awesome in silver, but I just have a question did they have alot of Patriots at the T&C Chrysler dealer, cause I didn't see any over at Grand Prix Chrysler.

I dunno about him but I saw quite a few at my local Chrysler dealer. I saw one on the road the other day.

The exterior is okay for me, but I love the interior. For what you paid for it you stole the thing. Good luck with her and many happy miles may be ahead of you!

I think it looks great in tan.

Posted Image

T&C did have a few patriots....most of the stock was vans though. And I do agree that it does look great in tan but there is always a need for change. I was at a neighbors party today and so many people came out and went crazy over it. Some are going to T&C tomaarow to see if they could get one for near the price we paid.

I lot of ordinary people who see it like it a lot, so Chrysler may not have f@#ked the styling up as many auto rags and car enthusiasts like us may think. So is your dad going for the Eldorado or the Avenger?

What happened to the Breeze? Did you guys trade it or do you still have it for now?

well they obviously are 20-25k cars but we went on the memorial day big weekend sale. The sale car that they had advertised was the exact one we bought. And they only had one at that price so we were lucky.

Just came back from a ride....I still can't believe that we paid that little for it.

Yes... They're so ugly, they have to price a $20k car at $14k to sell it. Congrats, but I'm still shaking my head. I guess at $14k, it's admittedly not too bad of a car, though. :P Edited by blackviper8891

Yes... They're so ugly, they have to price a $20k car at $14k to sell it. Congrats, but I'm still shaking my head. I guess at $14k, it's admittedly not too bad of a car, though. :P

Not really, I see plenty of them around that aren't rentals and there have been no blowout sales in my area like that...except one of the Hyundai dealerships is about to do a huge salle on their cars (6,000 off!)

Different strokes for different folks.

The Chrysler dealerships in my area are having blowout sales. $10k off on a couple of models. The Sebring isn't one of them though. I think it's only $4k.

I'll never warm up to the Sebring's new styling, but still, congrats Raven. I wish you and your family the best. :)

I lot of ordinary people who see it like it a lot, so Chrysler may not have f@#ked the styling up as many auto rags and car enthusiasts like us may think. So is your dad going for the Eldorado or the Avenger?

What happened to the Breeze? Did you guys trade it or do you still have it for now?

Well, he is trying to get the Eldorado but the ladys husband wants it to be perfect when he buys it. So, her husband, who works at a BMW deler is gonna have it fully checked out and any issues will be corrected. He wants it so badly.

The breeze is going to the land of donated cars. Blown head gaskets, radiator crack, shot water pump. $1500 to repair. It's def not worth it.

Yes... They're so ugly, they have to price a $20k car at $14k to sell it. Congrats, but I'm still shaking my head. I guess at $14k, it's admittedly not too bad of a car, though. :P

BV, not trying to rag you or something. But given the deal will you pick the Crapry or this? The Sebring certainly does not look as bad as the Toy or as a matter of fact the Bumdai, or Kua. At least Raven's family bought an American Machine, and it is what they wanted for what they wanted to pay.

BV, not trying to rag you or something. But given the deal will you pick the Crapry or this? The Sebring certainly does not look as bad as the Toy or as a matter of fact the Bumdai, or Kua. At least Raven's family bought an American Machine, and it is what they wanted for what they wanted to pay.

Umm...it was engineered by a German company and Chrysler is now pretty much Canadian so I wouldn't call the Sebring an American machine. I also wouldn't call my Fusion an American machine. And for the money, I would take a 3 year old Accord, 2 year old Malibu Maxx or even my Fusion over the Sebring. And yes, if you can find a base Fusion you can haggle the price down, probably easily on a big sale weekend.

Umm...it was engineered by a German company and Chrysler is now pretty much Canadian so I wouldn't call the Sebring an American machine. I also wouldn't call my Fusion an American machine. And for the money, I would take a 3 year old Accord, 2 year old Malibu Maxx or even my Fusion over the Sebring. And yes, if you can find a base Fusion you can haggle the price down, probably easily on a big sale weekend.

You lost that argument the second you mentioned Malibu.

The Maxx is a conundrum, its awesome as a concept, but terribly executed. The reason I mentioned it is price, a CPO Maxx would've been several grand less, likely more reliable, get great mileage and be cheap to ensure. As a car its not great, as transportation, its wonderful.

The Maxx is a conundrum, its awesome as a concept, but terribly executed. The reason I mentioned it is price, a CPO Maxx would've been several grand less, likely more reliable, get great mileage and be cheap to ensure. As a car its not great, as transportation, its wonderful.

Yeah Maxx is an awesome concept, which got lost in execution chamber. People do not need an SUV, if for Maxx.

This is true, so if we're talking used I'd probably find a used Magnum.

Edited by Dodgefan

This is true, so if we're talking used I'd probably find a used Magnum.

Different size-class, but I mostly agree. You can get a pretty good deal on a gently used Magnum, which I've always been a fan of, but its significantly larger and the mpg doesn't match up. The 3.5 is the best comprimise between power and economy, but they dont depreciate as much as the 2.7.

I'm flustered by the Maxx as well. The Opel/Vauhhall Signum (sp.?) was the equivalent product overseea and was also treated with a shrug by Hatch-happy Europeans. I think a swoopy hatch like the original VW Phaeton ('Concept D', IIRC)prototypes might work, rather than the awkward Chevy cues glued onto the Maxx. (2nd choice might be an 'Outback'type treatment?) Edited by enzl

Different size-class, but I mostly agree. You can get a pretty good deal on a gently used Magnum, which I've always been a fan of, but its significantly larger and the mpg doesn't match up. The 3.5 is the best compromise between power and economy, but they don't depreciate as much as the 2.7.

Totally agree,and if you wait a few years you could get a great deal on a 3.5L Magnum with a 5-speed. The 2.7L from what I've experienced is fine, but it baffles me that it makes less horsepower now than it did in the LH cars. Unless the different horsepower ratings are the culprit.

Edited by Dodgefan

Totally agree,and if you wait a few years you could get a great deal on a 3.5L Magnum with a 5-speed. The 2.7L from what I've experienced is fine, but it baffles me that it makes less horsepower now than it did in the LH cars. Unless the different horsepower ratings are the culprit.

Waiting a few years? That's a pretty old car by then without any warranty left. You'd be better off buying something newer with a warranty, I think.

Waiting a few years? That's a pretty old car by then without any warranty left. You'd be better off buying something newer with a warranty, I think.

So buy one that's only a year old :P

Considering no one in my family has ever owned a car with a warranty before, it's not that high on my priority list anyway.

If you have to rely on a deal to sell a car.......

Anyways, no, the Sebring certainly does look as bad as the Camry, Sonata, or Optima. In fact, it looks much worse. I'm sorry, but Chrysler completely blew it on the styling of this vehicle. It looks pathetic no matter how you slice it. Add in its horribly cheap interior and you have quite a gem.

As far as what I'd pick... Any number of slightly used midsizers will be a much better car without the retina damaging styling. :P

It seems that you are crazy considering everyone who's seen it has given it thumbs up. I even had a woman in a brand new BMW open her window and said "That's a beautiful car!" Quite honestly, I'd rather be seen in our old saturn then in your little cross eyed millenia.

BTW, WHAT COMPANY DOESN'T RELEY ON DEALS TO SELL CARS!?!?

It seems that you are crazy considering everyone who's seen it has given it thumbs up. I even had a woman in a brand new BMW open her window and said "That's a beautiful car!" Quite honestly, I'd rather be seen in our old saturn then in your little cross eyed millenia.

Don't give me any attitude... Smallchevy asked me a question and I answered. Simple. I can't help it that it happened to be in your thread and happened to seriously diss the car your mom just got. :P

As for the comment about my Millenia, well, that explain why you like the Sebring, then. People with poor taste in cars... such a pity. :D

If you have to rely on a deal to sell a car.......

Anyways, no, the Sebring certainly does look as bad as the Camry, Sonata, or Optima. In fact, it looks much worse. I'm sorry, but Chrysler completely blew it on the styling of this vehicle. It looks pathetic no matter how you slice it. Add in its horribly cheap interior and you have quite a gem.

As far as what I'd pick... Any number of slightly used midsizers will be a much better car without the retina damaging styling. :P

Different strokes for different folks. Not every one thinks it's a styling failure inside or out. Plenty of people like it for its styling, it doesn't mean they have "bad taste" they just have different taste. Besides, I remember you lusting over an ugly BMW before that Millenia, so you can't rag on people's tastes that much. :P

Different strokes for different folks. Not every one thinks it's a styling failure inside or out. Plenty of people like it for its styling, it doesn't mean they have "bad taste" they just have different taste. Besides, I remember you lusting over an ugly BMW before that Millenia, so you can't rag on people's tastes that much. :P

I'm gay, therefore I have an excuse for liking certain vehicles. :P

As for the Sebring, it's not a styling failure inside, just a quality failure. My comments reside on the exterior. And no, its not a matter of different taste. If that were the case, you are no longer able to diss any ricer to ever exist, since, you know... They just have "different" tastes. :D

I'm gay, therefore I have an excuse for liking certain vehicles. :P

As for the Sebring, it's not a styling failure inside, just a quality failure. My comments reside on the exterior. And no, its not a matter of different taste. If that were the case, you are no longer able to diss any ricer to ever exist, since, you know... They just have "different" tastes. :D

That's no excuse! :P

Touché, but there's a difference between what a BMW driver thinks is "beautiful" and what a 18-23 year old with a spoiler the size of a 747's wing thinks is beautiful...or whatever they think it is.

That's no excuse! :P

Touché, but there's a difference between what a BMW driver thinks is "beautiful" and what a 18-23 year old with a spoiler the size of a 747's wing thinks is beautiful...or whatever they think it is.

Raven said it was a new BMW. That means a Bangled BMW. Not exactly the most attractive BMWs there ever was, you know... :P

Look, the interior is well made. No loose materials, no rattles...nothing. Oddly, my dad praised the hard plastic at the top of the interior door panels because it's easy to keep clean. Also, in other threads, people ragged on the feel of the armrests. They feel fine. BTW the middle, upper dash and all the door panels where your arm would sit is all soft material.

A neighbor took a look at it (he has an 04 Camry LE V6) and he said that there is no comparison. He hates the Camry. He complained that it got horrid MPG and that the sebrings interior was so much more practical and felt better. He said that he would trade it in tomarrow for a Sebring but the camry isnt paid off yet so he's stuck with it.

On a side note, there was an 07 camry in the dealer lot when we went to look. The salesguy said they traded it in because the trans sucked.

Edited by Ravenfreak13

Look, the interior is well made. No loose materials, no rattles...nothing. Oddly, my dad praised the hard plastic at the top of the interior door panels because it's easy to keep clean. Also, in other threads, people ragged on the feel of the armrests. They feel fine. BTW the middle, upper dash and all the door panels where your arm would sit is all soft material.

A neighbor took a look at it (he has an 04 Camry LE V6) and he said that there is no comparison. He hates the Camry. He complained that it got horrid MPG and that the sebrings interior was so much more practical and felt better. He said that he would trade it in tomarrow for a Sebring but the camry isnt paid off yet so he's stuck with it.

On a side note, there was an 07 camry in the dealer lot when we went to look. The salesguy said they traded it in because the trans sucked.

But the Sebring is a piece of $h! isn't it? :P