Up Close And Personal Look At The New M3

Most of you know my rankings for cars I love. So if you know me you know that BMW ranks number 3 with me. Here is an insiders view of the M3. Enjoy! I was just going to scan the article in, but here's the link from m3post.com, it was easier to do it this way. I'm getting lazy in my old age! :AH-HA_wink:

Link: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65779

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

The M3 is a hallucinating car: it comes with LSD! :smilewide:

Being serious now, the new V8 weighs 15Ks less than the old straight 6? BMW sure knows how to do it :thumbsup:

Edited by ZL-1

Nice. I like the lack of blatant boy-racer trim for the M3. Subtle rear spoiler, that's what I like. The engine on the dyno, wow, that exhaust manifold looks like a pile of intestines. An encouraging sign: I understand BMW is doing away with the dreaded, obtuse I-drive controller.

The BMW that will be significant to me will be the 1-series coupe. Small, comparatively affordable, and supposedly essentially fun to drive, it could be the one I switch for. The 1-series formula is brilliant, imo, a Formula that Pontiac should copy at a lower price point for a slot in their upcoming lineup.

The BMW that will be significant to me will be the 1-series coupe. Small, comparatively affordable, and supposedly essentially fun to drive, it could be the one I switch for. The 1-series formula is brilliant, imo, a Formula that Pontiac should copy at a lower price point for a slot in their upcoming lineup.

Agreed on wht Pontiac should do: they're supposed to be 'excitement'... Would you consider a convertible 1-series BMW? I have to look for the pics of the coupe and convertible test mules and and scan them...

EDIT - no need to scan the ones I saw on a magazine, here are some clickies:

Clicky 001

Clicky 002

Clicky 003

Clicky 004

Clicky 005 - chubby dude fueling the car looks suprised :lol:

Clicky 006

Edited by ZL-1

Agreed on wht Pontiac should do: they're supposed to be 'excitement'... Would you consider a convertible 1-series BMW? I have to look for the pics of the coupe and convertible test mules and and scan them...

EDIT - no need to scan the ones I saw on a magazine, here are some clickies:

Clicky 001

Clicky 002

Clicky 003

Clicky 004

Clicky 005 - chubby dude fueling the car looks suprised :lol:

Clicky 006

Chubby dude is not fueling the car, since the fuel door is on the other side of the car. I think he is making Love to it. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Oh, I do not like the current 7 or the 5. The Z4 I like, and this new 3. The 1 looks promising, even with its "surprised" headlights. Bangle is improving with each successive design, for the most part. Still, I wonder how history will judge Bangle-era BMWs.