Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CadillacCTS

Major 2007 Torrent / Equinox Recall

35 posts in this topic

We just got an email yesterday at our dealership that 2007 Torrent's and Equinox's produced between certain dates are to be sent back to General Motors for further inspection. They would not specify what the problem is, just that it is NOT a safety issue. The vehicles are to be picked up next week, sent to the nearest GM tech centre, and returned. Once I know more info, I will post it.

Never have I heard of vehicles being sent back for inspection.

We just got an email yesterday at our dealership that 2007 Torrent's and Equinox's produced between certain dates are to be sent back to General Motors for further inspection. They would not specify what the problem is, just that it is NOT a safety issue. The vehicles are to be picked up next week, sent to the nearest GM tech centre, and returned. Once I know more info, I will post it.

Never have I heard of vehicles being sent back for inspection.

I have, back in 92 or 93 Saturns were bursting into flame. We had a whole trainload of them burning behind the Wilmington, Plant. Saturn had a bunched shipped back for inspection from all around the country. They also had a bunch shipped back because they put the wrong fluids in the wrong holes.

Actually, it has to do with the windshield. So far I've heard of leaking and maybe them falling or flying off. The investigation is ongoing.

Actually, it has to do with the windshield. So far I've heard of leaking and maybe them falling or flying off. The investigation is ongoing.

Oh. That's worse.

Why would something like this only be on the 2007 Equinox / Torrent? Did they change the glue from 2006?

if it were a Toyota recall they would be blaming the manufacturer of the windshield or the glue - Quick GM - HOP on the bandwagon and get the word out that this is not your problem and have the owner's of these cars call them!

Oh. That's worse.

Why would something like this only be on the 2007 Equinox / Torrent? Did they change the glue from 2006?

could be any number of things. glue formula changed, bad batches received at start of 2007 run, new equipment that didn't apply it right, etc

I am sure it is far more complicated than any of us care to understand er at least me.

I am sure it is far more complicated than any of us care to understand er at least me.

It seems to me the problem is much more serious than a leaking or poping out windshield. Dealers can replace or repair almost any component in a vechicle. By process of elimination, I suspect not all of the welds were completed when the body was assembled, perhaps in the windshied area. :pokeowned: 2005 Buick Allure CXL

Edited by gorphil

The good news is that the majority of the vehicles have not been sold yet, but are in transit or on dealers lots. We just got a Torrent in and sold it, but found out that the people cannot pick it up until the vehicle is returned to us from GM.

As of today GM would still not specify why the vehicles are being returned to them, but reiterated that it is NOT A SAFETY ISSUE.

Edited by CadillacCTS

How many of the trucks are produced daily? I found a thread on a google search that states it is for trucks produced on specific days in April 17-21 I think.

if it were a Toyota recall they would be blaming the manufacturer of the windshield or the glue - Quick GM - HOP on the bandwagon and get the word out that this is not your problem and have the owner's of these cars call them!

GM still hasn't said what the problem is with these cars so I wouldn't exactly be raving about the response.

One of the assembly workers lost a $250,000,000 winning lottery ticket.

Now, if they really announced that, you think they'd get any vehicles back? ;)

But they haven't announced that. :AH-HA_wink: And anyway, where would you look? It could be inside the door, or the roof lining …

Edited by thegriffon

GM still hasn't said what the problem is with these cars so I wouldn't exactly be raving about the response.

I am not raving about anything...most of these have not left Dealer's lots or have been taken away from customers. I will rave that even though we do not know the reason behind the recall - they are keeping them out of people's hands, which is a far better response than having Mr. Toyota Spokesman tell the world that a snapping camshaft can be isolated to maybe 20 engines when we all know better. How many Toyota owners still have cars that should have been recalled due to sludge in the engines or steering that does what it wants to. At least GM is being proactive!

Now, if they really announced that, you think they'd get any vehicles back? ;)

they actually might sell a lot of them in a hurry.

Chris

they actually might sell a lot of them in a hurry.

And then, immediately thereafter, the market for Equinox/Torrent parts would just collapse. :D

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 07V242000

[Mfr's Report Date : JUN 13, 2007 ]

Component: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 6213

Summary:

CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 212, "WINDSHIELD MOUNTING." AN INCORRECT PRIMER MAY HAVE BEEN USED WHEN INSTALLING THE WINDSHIELD. THE SAME PRIMER MAY HAVE ALSO BEEN APPLIED TO THE LIFTGATE GLASS AND THE SIDE STATIONARY GLASS.

Consequence:

IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH, THE WINDSHIELD MAY NOT BE RETAINED TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY THE STANDARD, INCREASING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURIES TO THE VEHICLE OCCUPANTS.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD, THE LIFTGATE GLASS, AND THE SIDE STATIONARY GLASS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 14, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438 OR PONTIAC AT 1-800-620-7668.

Notes:

GM RECALL NO. 07154. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0